PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Sucks at Tailgating

SurfaceUnits
10-15-08, 06:04 PM
NFL Stadium Rankings

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/fansurvey/2008/index.html

The winner, for the second consecutive season, was Green Bay's Lambeau Field, which scored in the top five in each of the five categories.

Methanolandbrats
10-15-08, 06:07 PM
:thumbup::D

Andrew Longman
10-15-08, 07:01 PM
Interesting how much lower Jets rank than the Giants. Same stadium, same food and prices, same parking lots, etc.

One thing that really sucks there right now is because of the construction on the new stadium half the fans have to park in some far off place and get bussed in. Tailgating isn't much fun if you can't see the stadium.

Stu
10-16-08, 07:29 AM
i've only been to 2 stadiums for tailgating, cleveland and cinci.

cinci was terrible. i feel sorry for the 11 cities that rank below them.

i can vouch for kc too, because people were tailgating for the royals/indians game i went to. if you tailgate hard for baseball, you probably put on a helluva show for football.

TRDfan
10-17-08, 10:23 PM
Met Stadium had great tailgating.

A little harder to do with a bubble stuck on the edge of downtown.
Just go tailgate at Ricks........

Ankf00
10-17-08, 10:54 PM
it don't make a ****. tailgating in a municipal parking lot begins with "fail"

TKGAngel
10-18-08, 05:49 PM
^^ That was one of the chief complaints about the Bills having Toronto games. There's no place to tailgate outside of the "official" tailgates outside the Rogers Centre due to Toronto laws. The complaints were coming from both Buffalonians and Torontonians alike.

And digging further into the rankings, "duh" that the Ralph is inhospitable to opposition fans. We're inhospitable to our own fans a lot of the time, if the post game police blotters are any indication.

Stu
10-20-08, 08:07 AM
And digging further into the rankings, "duh" that the Ralph is inhospitable to opposition fans. We're inhospitable to our own fans a lot of the time, if the post game police blotters are any indication.

why is this:

How would you rate the hospitality offered to fans of the opposing team?

even a question? why does it rank negatively towards you if you treat opposing fans like crap. aren't you supposed to treat them like crap?

chop456
10-20-08, 08:13 AM
I guess that depends on if you're an idiot or not.

TKGAngel
10-20-08, 09:10 AM
why does it rank negatively towards you if you treat opposing fans like crap. aren't you supposed to treat them like crap?

There's polite treating like crap (friendly heckling) and arse-holish treating like crap (pouring beers over people, fights, crude comments, etc). I'll be the first one to admit that the fans at the Ralph head over the line a lot of the time.

I think SI included the question because of the popularity of traveling to other cities to watch your team play. Travel agents and group organizers make good money on these trips and they're not going to recommend sending people to a stadium if its an inhospitable environment.

Stu
10-20-08, 09:49 AM

:rolleyes:

Stu
10-20-08, 09:52 AM
There's polite treating like crap (friendly heckling) and arse-holish treating like crap (pouring beers over people, fights, crude comments, etc). I'll be the first one to admit that the fans at the Ralph head over the line a lot of the time.

Most fights that I see in the Dawg pound start with friendly heckling from Browns fans towards the opposing team's fans. Then that guy takes it over the line and picks an actual fight. Im sure its like that in other cities too.

Ankf00
10-20-08, 01:17 PM

devilmaster
10-21-08, 09:14 AM
:laugh: