PDA

View Full Version : "refuelling ban, shorter races"

emjaya
10-15-08, 05:06 PM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71398

A ban on refuelling, shorter races, wide-scale testing restrictions, and a competitive element to Fridays are some of the ideas that will be discussed by Formula One teams in China this week.

McLaren F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh; "Hopefully, together we'll come up with some agreement on how we can change the weekend in a positive way. But we've got to be careful in making changes that we retain some of the purity that is important in Formula One.

:saywhat:

oddlycalm
10-15-08, 05:13 PM
It's probably going to be a tough period financially. We did without refueling for years. Shorter races don't make sense to me. The way to maintain the purity is to not muck around with things that don't need changing.

oc

Andrew Longman
10-15-08, 06:50 PM
As usual, about right OC

I'd add, create more value for promoters and teams or at least accept a lower sanctioning fee to preserve the heritage of the sport.

Insomniac
10-16-08, 10:13 AM
I'd have no problem with a refueling ban if they didn't shorten the race (isn't ~1.5 hours with a 2 hour maximum short enough?) and kept the same tires (would still require stops, just be a little safer and quicker).

Accipiter
10-16-08, 10:18 AM
I've wanted a refueling ban for years, but the races shouldn't be any shorter than they already are.

opinionated ow
10-16-08, 10:21 AM
Why do they constantly have to tinker with and ruin our sport! Why!!!!!

EVL29
10-16-08, 05:31 PM
Ban Diffusers.

pchall
10-16-08, 05:40 PM
just when I thought Bernie and Max couldn't make things worse...

SteveH
10-16-08, 06:06 PM
Why do they constantly have to tinker with and ruin our sport! Why!!!!!

Well, because its not really our sport.

Unfortunately.

pchall
10-16-08, 07:16 PM
Well, because its not really our sport.

Unfortunately.

Yup.

cameraman
10-16-08, 11:48 PM
Another slow motion train wreck happening before our eyes.

What the hell is it about the asshats who run racing series:flame:

oddlycalm
10-17-08, 04:24 AM
What the hell is it about the asshats who run racing series:flame:

They're trying to compete for top worlds biggest screwup honors with investment bank CEO's....?

oc

eiregosod
10-17-08, 06:54 AM
They're trying to compete for top worlds biggest screwup honors with investment bank CEO's....?

oc

theycan count ex-CEOs of investment banks as their chums.

Where'd we be without the worldclass brains involved in all this :tony: :gomer:

Indy
10-17-08, 09:59 PM
This is where sociopaths lose control. They are so intent on P.T. Barnum-esque screwing of the customer, that they become egotistical to the point of thinking they can shovel any old **** and still get away with it.

Party's over, boys.