PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye France

JohnHKart
10-15-08, 05:01 PM
The F1 season is shrinking faster than an IRL or Cart schedule.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71421

Andrew Longman
10-15-08, 06:46 PM
I'm reprising a familiar feeling of wondering when I should just not care about a series any more

dando
10-15-08, 07:13 PM
I'm reprising a familiar feeling of wondering when I should just not care about a series any more

It's like deja vu all over again. :(

-Kevin

trish
10-15-08, 10:09 PM
I'm starting to think that major league racing might be forced to take a hiatus in the next few years.

G.
10-15-08, 10:40 PM
Maybe I finally get the boy a go kart this spring...

:shakehead

Methanolandbrats
10-15-08, 10:48 PM
I am going to rebuild my autocross car :gomer:

miatanut
10-15-08, 11:37 PM
I'm starting to think that major league racing might be forced to take a hiatus in the next few years.
Sportscars!
yHacJcNbRpI

Fio1
10-16-08, 02:06 AM
Good! That race was completely useless. Magny Cours is in the middle of F-all France. And, no one anywhere that town gave a Sh**. Bring back Montreal! But, I'm sure Bernie E will replace Magny Cours with Dubai instead (the 24-hour race track). There aren't enough races in the Gulf or Asia....World Champion? My a$$! :rolleyes:

ilferrari
10-16-08, 06:00 AM
The "financial difficulties" experienced by these circuits basically comes down to Ecclestone demanding excessive fees to stage the races. There are plenty of Asian governments and tycoons willing to make Bernie Ecclestone even wealthier.

ilferrari
10-16-08, 06:02 AM
This was a telling quote from BRDC chairman Damon Hill after Silverstone lost the British GP:

There's always been the question of the FOM fee, and ultimately that is the deciding factor. To quote Bernie, he once said: 'You can have anything you like, as long as you pay too much for it,' but we can't pay too much for something.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68854

Fio1
10-16-08, 10:35 AM
Ya, the British Grand Prix is next! Nurburgring already said they can't afford to hold the German GP. So, after Hockenheim in 2009, who knows? :shakehead

The Grand Prix calendar will have 6 races in europe (including 2 in Russia), 6 races in the Gulf and 6 races in Asia in the near future. :saywhat:

mueber
10-16-08, 10:53 AM
We need TG to come in and save F-1.:tony:

At some point, when the fans realize that the hubba hubbas in "major league" auto racing consider them to be nothing more than a funding source, the entire sport is going to collapse. On the bright side, I'll finally be able to cancel cable.

G.
10-16-08, 01:16 PM
We need TG to come in and save F-1.:tony:

At some point, when the fans realize that the hubba hubbas in "major league" auto racing consider them to be nothing more than a funding source, the entire sport is going to collapse. On the bright side, I'll finally be able to cancel cable.An lose Reversus?? :eek: