PDA

View Full Version : UT is pretty good

WickerBill
10-11-08, 05:09 PM
While it wasn't a thumping, that was incredibly persistent play from Texas. Overcoming that sissy punter was a feat unto itself. :)

wtg f00

TravelGal
10-11-08, 05:36 PM
OMG! When I heard the final score all I could think of was the Ankster! OMG. He'll be impossible to deal with after he sobers up. :D

dando
10-11-08, 07:25 PM
While it wasn't a thumping, that was incredibly persistent play from Texas. Overcoming that sissy punter was a feat unto itself. :)

wtg f00

Worst refs evar. Two roughing the passer penalties that were called and shouldn't, plus the interception in the end zone that was called incomplete and wasn't even reviewed. :thumdown: :irked:

Now we'll see how UT fares against Mizzou and Tech.

Go Aggies! :gomer:

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-18-08, 07:33 PM
30 mins to kickoff. Can they beat Mizzou in Austin?

stroker
10-18-08, 08:22 PM
30 mins to kickoff. Can they beat Mizzou in Austin?

Unfortunately, yes. Mizzou will fall to the long ball.

nrc
10-18-08, 09:39 PM
Holy crap. That's a beatin'. :eek:

dando
10-18-08, 10:30 PM
Holy crap. That's a beatin'. :eek:

Nah, that's just a castration. ;) :eek:

-Kevin

stroker
10-19-08, 11:19 AM
A few years ago the Tiger slogan for the season was "A New Breed of Cat". They promptly lost to Nebraska by forty-something points. We debated whether to have T-Shirts made with:

"A New Breed of Cat, of just another bunch of Pussies?"

Figured we'd best not...

Don Quixote
10-19-08, 11:38 AM
I have to admit, I thought Colt was the second coming of Chad Henne, i.e. he showed no improvement from his frosh year to his soph year. Now the dude's gonna win the Heisman. Go figure.

Ankf00
10-19-08, 01:14 PM
I have to admit, I thought Colt was the second coming of Chad Henne, i.e. he showed no improvement from his frosh year to his soph year.

the difference an experienced o-line and a LT who doesn't play on rollerskates makes :) they're playing like the team they were supposed to be by the end of the season, 2 freshmen safeties, sophmore corners, freshmen rb's after chris O, '09 and '10 were supposed to be the title runs. can see the way the secondary's improved from being clueless vs. FAU & Rice to playing up to 2 of the best offenses in the conference, the front 4 too, no pressure vs UTEP to dominating Austin Loadholt in Dallas and Mizzou last night... :eek:

Ok St. (8)
@ Tech (6)
Baylor (ha)
@ KU (18)
BYE (4)
aggy (ugh)

WickerBill
10-25-08, 07:53 PM
\m/

Ankf00
10-26-08, 01:18 PM
damn, pokes were unstoppable that zone stretch play. close call #1. hopefully no #2 next week.

dando
11-01-08, 09:04 PM
Uh oh.... *giggles*

:gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-01-08, 10:34 PM
Buh bye Heistman, Colt McBoy. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-01-08, 11:49 PM
Suck it. :laugh: :gomer:

Bogus O pass interference call on Tech == redemption in the end

:thumbup:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-02-08, 12:33 AM
That was a cool ending

Almost topped the Navy Temple ending. Not in importance but in good-guy-sticking-to-it category

See Pitt ND too

Ankf00
11-03-08, 12:42 AM
I came to around midnight, somewhere in north beach in SF, having no clue how I got there or where I was.

freshmen safeties finally bit us in the arse.

coolhand
11-03-08, 12:49 AM
I thought you were in RadO

Also, North Beach is for middle aged men, you should go to the Marina. Filmore street:thumbup:

Ankf00
11-03-08, 12:55 AM
having no clue how I got there or where I was.

^^ of importance.

in inner richmond right now.

the worst part was none of us knew blake dropped the INT, we were celebrating thinking it was over. ugh. :yuck:

dando
11-03-08, 10:40 AM
the worst part was none of us knew blake dropped the INT, we were celebrating thinking it was over. ugh. :yuck:

I was shocked when I saw the replay. I can only imagine how y'all felt. :eek:

-Kevin

dando
11-03-08, 12:53 PM
freshmen safeties finally bit us in the arse.

Those two DBs looked like Keystone cops on the game winner. :saywhat:

In other news, HTF does UM lay 42 on Purdue when The OSU couldn't score a TD on O and PSU only laid 20 on them. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Insomniac
11-03-08, 01:31 PM
Those two DBs looked like Keystone cops on the game winner. :saywhat:

In other news, HTF does UM lay 42 on Purdue when The OSU couldn't score a TD on O and PSU only laid 20 on them. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Football is just weird that way. You see it a lot. Games with two great defenses somehow just end up being a shootout. And the opposite, two teams that score at will can't move the ball.

dando
11-03-08, 02:05 PM
Football is just weird that way. You see it a lot. Games with two great defenses somehow just end up being a shootout. And the opposite, two teams that score at will can't move the ball.

I think it has more to do with teams like Purdue getting more motivated to play against the likes of The OSU and PSU rather than a struggling mightily UM. The Game back in '06 was a prime example of two 'good' Ds that resulted in a shootout.

-Kevin