PDA

View Full Version : F1 Going Green and Japan 2008

Insomniac
10-11-08, 01:01 PM
I saw the "green tires" this morning in qualifying. Aside from the fact that you have to look harder to see which tire is the option, I think it's not true based on how they want to regulate F1 going forward. The aerodynamics in F1 don't translate very well to the overwhelming majority of cars out there. If the wanted to perpetuate "geen" technology to road cars, they would have an aero freeze with a focus on the mechanical development instead of a freeze on engines, tires and transmissions. Finding ways to get more power out of smaller and smaller engines would seem a lot more green to me.

Hamilton can pretty much lock up the championship with a win and another poor finish for Massa. Hamilton is in the driver's seat again. I think this time around, he finishes the job. BMW has disappointed. They simply haven't kept up. Alonso in the mix again. And Torro Rosso keeps it going. Bourdais needs to do a bit better here to keep what is looking like a seat at a middle team.

Accipiter
10-11-08, 05:32 PM
F1 worrying about being green is like Boxing worrying about brain damage. Sure, they could do something about it, but not without changing the sport into something that it isn't.

Methanolandbrats
10-11-08, 08:52 PM
For the first time in decades I did not watch qualies, I don't care. Singapore, Canada, Fuji, etc..... WGAF. What's this "green" ********? Did they announce something else today?

opinionated ow
10-11-08, 09:27 PM
For the first time in decades I did not watch qualies, I don't care. Singapore, Canada, Fuji, etc..... WGAF. What's this "green" ********? Did they announce something else today?

They painted the bloody tyre grooves green! All I can say is thank god we go to Suzuka next year.

G.
10-11-08, 09:55 PM
They painted the bloody tyre grooves green!
Why? Are they made from renewable materials, like dead puppies??

Insomniac
10-11-08, 10:07 PM
Why? Are they made from renewable materials, like dead puppies??

I don't think there's anything special about the tires. Just F1 is promoting "green".

Insomniac
10-11-08, 10:08 PM

It has been a good season. I admit I cared less once the NFL started. I kind of hurry through the recording to watch the Sunday talk shows before kickoff.

cameraman
10-12-08, 03:24 AM
It is the start of the marketing around the KERS systems in the cars next year.
There was nothing different about the tires other than the colored stripe.