PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Pipes In

NismoZ
10-09-08, 08:34 AM
Draconian reforms! One engine, only 2 per season, can still build their own (to a common spec) Little guys can have outside contractors do the work. To save 90% in engine/driveline costs by '010. London Times.

Methanolandbrats
10-09-08, 09:03 AM
The teams could save even more money if they moved their headquarters to Bahrain. :thumbup:

Insomniac
10-09-08, 09:05 AM
Is it that hard to limit aero work and bits, allow for mechanical work, including engines and have them sell their engines to any team that wants to buy them?

NismoZ
10-09-08, 09:27 AM
So, what do we get...1.5 turbos? I certainly understand those who are in love with all things technical but won't changes such as those proposed (and some already implemented) push F-1 back to more of a drivers championship? I have to say I would not be opposed to that. Heck, maybe we'll have Bump Day In Dubai!

mueber
10-09-08, 10:07 AM
May I suggest the Cosworth Turbo and the Panoz DP01?

NismoZ
10-09-08, 11:06 AM
Oh, and Bernie also said he was sorry he didn't come forward to support his old friend Max during his recent troubles. What a nice guy.

JLMannin
10-09-08, 11:08 AM
So, what do we get...1.5 turbos? I certainly understand those who are in love with all things technical but won't changes such as those proposed (and some already implemented) push F-1 back to more of a drivers championship? I have to say I would not be opposed to that. Heck, maybe we'll have Bump Day In Dubai!

Maybe we will get lucky :tony: and it will be a 3.5 L normally aspirated V8.

If Eccelstone and company make all the wrong moves for all the wrong reasons, TG's dream of the IRL rivaling F1 in popularity may come to pass yet. :rolleyes:

mueber
10-09-08, 11:50 AM
Bingo. If I want spec-racer amateurism, I can always watch any of the about a dozen or so such series available here in the good ol' USA.

Gnam
10-09-08, 12:22 PM
Maybe they could adopt claim racing next, so any team could buy the winning car. :shakehead

Or qualify by musical chairs...

opinionated ow
10-09-08, 12:45 PM
Bernie should you decide to cark it soon, I volunteer my services to replace you in your lucrative role. I promise to abide by the sport and once you really are gone, bring back the good races, throw away the unattended far east/middle east boredom fests, get off the streets, open the rules up again and keep them consistent, get rid of dumb things like spec ECU, spec tyres and the moronic two compound rule, lower costs for spectators, decrease FOM's revenue to put more into prize money and promotion, get together a decent television setup in HD with useful graphics and good radio transmissions, and bring back the Colin Chapman mantra that if it did half a mile longer than necessary it was built too strong.

Insomniac
10-09-08, 04:02 PM

I would never call IROC a driver's championship.

TrueBrit
10-12-08, 12:31 AM
Bernie and Max...the absolute worst things to happen to F-1 since it's inception...

Sod them both.

Twice.

Sideways.