PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming LBGP question

Winston Wolfe
10-04-08, 07:55 PM
So I was in Long Beach for a meeting last week, and while taking my customary drive down Shoreline and left onto Pine, near the Hyatt, I thought about the upcoming LBGP in the Spring....

What are the chances that the track will be "re-configured" in such a way as to be able to avoid a direct comparison to the lap times that were posted by the CCWS fellas in previous years ?
I have got to believe that Brainfart and the Inheritor are going to come up with something.... any thoughts ?

dando
10-04-08, 08:11 PM
So I was in Long Beach for a meeting last week, and while taking my customary drive down Shoreline and left onto Pine, near the Hyatt, I thought about the upcoming LBGP in the Spring....

What are the chances that the track will be "re-configured" in such a way as to be able to avoid a direct comparison to the lap times that were posted by the CCWS fellas in previous years ?
I have got to believe that Brainfart and the Inheritor are going to come up with something.... any thoughts ?

Nah, St. Pete is the same config, as is Edmonton. Toronto should be the same as well. I can't see them changing the course there either. There's already plenty to compare from MO, MIS and Fontucky (as well as the Texas fiasco).

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-04-08, 08:46 PM
First, let me say. WGAF.
Second, as I have learned from tf, *****oxes are great and it doesn't matter how fast the lap times are.
Third, WGAF

SurfaceUnits
10-04-08, 11:40 PM
one of the former CC drivers said the racing would be better because the cars are slower, I guess YOU will have to tune in to reVersus to find out

TravelGal
10-05-08, 01:34 AM
one of the former CC drivers said the racing would be better because the cars are slower

Now I really have heard everything.

I was just in LB myself yesterday. Went into the Westin for a seminar. Ah, the good old days. Won't be going next year though, at least not for the race.

cameraman
10-05-08, 04:24 AM
one of the former CC drivers said the racing would be better because the cars are slower, I guess YOU will have to tune in to reVersus to find out

Who said that:saywhat:

SurfaceUnits
10-05-08, 09:34 AM
Who said that:saywhat:i don't remember but you can check tf because he is prolly a hiro over there these days with all his insite and mental acuity on all things moter sports

swift
10-05-08, 10:31 AM
the only people who care about inter-series "lap-time comparisons" are a few hundred AOW die-hards on the interwebs. :gomer:

if the krappwaggens don't come within 2 seconds of the DP01 qualification times does that mean that CCWS "wins" something?

the IRL sleds will continue to be embarassingly ugly, noisy, and slow.

Methanolandbrats
10-05-08, 11:42 AM
I thought that race was discontinued :confused:

SurfaceUnits
10-05-08, 12:43 PM
I thought that race was discontinued :confused:

it will be once Surfers is canceled

Fio1
10-06-08, 03:01 PM
It will be slightly reconfigured because according to a Long Beach resident the area around the fountain has recently changed.

Michaelhatesfans
10-06-08, 03:10 PM
First, let me say. WGAF.

Indeed.

indyfan31
10-06-08, 06:19 PM
It will be slightly reconfigured because according to a Long Beach resident the area around the fountain has recently changed.

The latest version of the 2009 Map (http://www.gplb.com/downloads/09lbcircuit.pdf) shows it pretty much the same.

mueber
10-09-08, 04:36 PM
The latest version of the 2009 Map (http://www.gplb.com/downloads/09lbcircuit.pdf) shows it pretty much the same.

It would make an acceptable F-1 course.

Steve99
10-09-08, 07:12 PM
It would make an acceptable F-1 course.

Needs more $$$.