PDA

View Full Version : AGR will run in A1GP

pchall
10-01-08, 11:09 PM
speedtv article (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/a1gp-andretti-green-racing-to-run-usa-team/)

As first reported last month by SPEED’s Robin Miller, Andretti Green Racing will run the U.S. team entry in the A1GP Series this year, beginning with the season opener at Zandvoort in The Netherlands this weekend. The driving lineup has yet to be officially confirmed, but AGR’s Danica Patrick and Marco Andretti are expected to split the driving duties for the team.

Well, Danican't and Marcan't in A1GP. Can't wait for the YouTube vids of their antics. :gomer:

opinionated ow
10-02-08, 04:56 AM
Much as it pains me to say it, this is major star power for A1GP. I can't stand either of them, but it is a step up from Bryan Herta...

Methanolandbrats
10-02-08, 07:48 AM
Much as it pains me to say it, this is major star power for A1GP. I can't stand either of them, but it is a step up from Bryan Herta... They'll both get their asses handed to them. The star will fade quickly.

chop456
10-02-08, 07:52 AM
With real international competition, Marco can show his talent just like his dad did. Following in his fartsteps, as it were. :tony:

extramundane
10-02-08, 09:12 AM
Much as it pains me to say it, this is major star power for A1GP.

:rofl:

How many extra eyes will tune in for The Dynamic Duo?

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8792/deanwormerjd0.jpg

Zero. Point. Zero.

robot9000
10-02-08, 10:00 AM
And where can I witness this fine specticle here in the US ? I have looked at the A1GP and the American site and can't find anything other than "Check your local listings".

I guess thats okay, as its practice for finding IRL races next year :laugh:

Don Quixote
10-02-08, 10:48 AM
You guys have it all wrong. This now makes A1GP legitimate and relevant. I predict it will surpass NASCAR and F1 in popularity within 5 years.

Accipiter
10-02-08, 11:16 AM
What an excellent opportunity for Marco and Danica to further tarnish their reputations!

Methanolandbrats
10-02-08, 12:34 PM
I guess A1GP must the stepping stone to F1 :gomer:

STD
10-02-08, 02:13 PM
You guys have it all wrong. This now makes A1GP legitimate and relevant. I predict it will surpass NASCAR and F1 in popularity within 5 years.

Well it is a marked step above what Marco and Danica have been doing in their off season. :laugh:

Wonder when Rick Weidinger was advised about the change.

patski
10-02-08, 02:16 PM
And where can I witness this fine specticle here in the US ? I have looked at the A1GP and the American site and can't find anything other than "Check your local listings".

Sentana TV, Chan 621 on Direct-TV available for about 12.99/month.

SurfaceUnits
10-02-08, 02:30 PM

WREP in Indianapolis along with English League Soccer:Bolton at Newcastle, Off-Road Racing:ProTruck Best in the Desert, Auto Racing:Mazda MX-5 Cup, Motocross:FIM World Grand Prix, Powerboat Racing:Superleague, Junior Motorsports:Karting, dragracing for children, Auto Racing:USAR Hooters ProCup, CFL Football:Montreal at Hamilton, and other grate sportin eevents like Redneck Adventures an Girls Gone Fishing woohooo

Friday 10/3 8:00PM Auto Racing:A1 Grand Prix from Sepang, Malaysia with a rebroadcast at 4:00AM Saturday

looks like FRed an TOney missed out the real racin netwerk in Indianapolis for that moose hunters netwerk that nobody ever herd of, and cant git heer in BArgersville

NismoZ
10-02-08, 05:14 PM
They'd probably be better off snagging Summerton or Bomarito.

opinionated ow
10-02-08, 08:56 PM
They'd probably be better off snagging Summerton or Bomarito.

Except that nobody has heard of either of them...if you can say the USA is represented by Danicant and an Andretti that is worth so much more than talent when trying to convince the unknowing population to watch and sponsors to jump on board.

extramundane
10-02-08, 10:46 PM
Except that nobody has heard of either of them...if you can say the USA is represented by Danicant and an Andretti that is worth so much more than talent when trying to convince the unknowing population to watch and sponsors to jump on board.

I think you've severely overestimated the name recognition and commercial viability of Danica and Marco.

Accipiter
10-03-08, 11:08 AM

Worth more until they get their asses handed to them by nameless Eurotrash, that is.

SurfaceUnits
10-07-08, 02:20 PM
No they won't:

Death knell for A1 GP

As a diminished field gathers for the first race of the fourth season in Holland, serious questions are being asked about the future of the A1GP series.

Now, as practice prepares to kick off in Zandvoort, five team countries - Britain, India, Germany, Mexico and Canada - are absent.

And according to the Dutch press, the future of five more teams - Brazil, China, France, Portugal and Switzerland - is in doubt.

"We put our hands up," said a series spokesperson, according to Press Association. "To design, build and test 23 cars in just 11 months, we were always going to be up against it."

Willi Weber's Team Germany, meanwhile, looks unlikely to return to the series at all.

"(2006-7 champion) Nico (Hulkenberg) is still waiting for his prize money. I have written ten reminder letters," Weber, who famously managed Michael Schumacher's F1 career, told the Cologne newspaper Express.

G.
10-07-08, 02:24 PM
No they won't:

Death knell for A1 GP

As a diminished field gathers for the first race of the fourth season in Holland, serious questions are being asked about the future of the A1GP series.

Now, as practice prepares to kick off in Zandvoort, five team countries - Britain, India, Germany, Mexico and Canada - are absent.

And according to the Dutch press, the future of five more teams - Brazil, China, France, Portugal and Switzerland - is in doubt.

"We put our hands up," said a series spokesperson, according to Press Association. "To design, build and test 23 cars in just 11 months, we were always going to be up against it."

Willi Weber's Team Germany, meanwhile, looks unlikely to return to the series at all.

"(2006-7 champion) Nico (Hulkenberg) is still waiting for his prize money. I have written ten reminder letters," Weber, who famously managed Michael Schumacher's F1 career, told the Cologne newspaper Express.

Looks like a perfect home for AGR.