PDA

View Full Version : AJ out of Red Bull #84 in 2009!

Fio1
09-22-08, 01:30 AM
According to the Speed report AJ Dorkmindinger will be replaced at Red Bull Racing by Scott Speed. :laugh: Oh well, there is always Grand-Am AJ. :shakehead

opinionated ow
09-22-08, 02:51 AM
He'll get a nationwide series drive and still earn more than if he was in Indycar...

Don Quixote
09-22-08, 09:32 AM
Does this mean he has to get rid of the private jet?

extramundane
09-22-08, 10:22 AM
Word around town the last few weeks is that he's already signed a deal w/ Ganassi.

Accipiter
09-22-08, 10:38 AM
Word around town the last few weeks is that he's already signed a deal w/ Ganassi.

For what?

extramundane
09-22-08, 10:44 AM
For what?

Nappycar Targetmobile.

Fio1
09-22-08, 01:49 PM
If Chipo hires AJ to race the Target car, he can basically guarantee another great Nascar seaon with no wins, no poles, 1 top 10. Great job dude! :rofl:

Some guys have the ability to make the switch to stockcar racing, and some guys don't. AJ has been completely useless in stock cars; trucks, nationwide, and cup. Uselesss! So, what makes you say he can do anything next year? Hornish is another guy that should get the boot.

He'll get a decent Grand-Am ride with Mike Shank or someone, get a gentleman driver as a teammate who is willing to pay him a $250,000 a year salary and be happy.

Accipiter
09-22-08, 02:36 PM
Nappycar Targetmobile.

Replacing Sorenson with Allmendinger isn't going to turn that team around. Drivers aren't the problem. But I bet A.J. comes a lot cheaper at this point.

extramundane
09-22-08, 04:12 PM
It should be quite apparent to everyone that, as long as he's getting paid, Chip doesn't really care how well the cab operation does.

Dirk Diggler
09-23-08, 03:22 PM
Gone. Dosn't finish out '08. Doesn't even finish out this week, for that matter. Poof.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70795

Wally
09-23-08, 05:08 PM
...:laugh:....

Accipiter
09-23-08, 05:29 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff210/AccipiterF1/Racing%20Stuff/ajet.jpg

Don Quixote
09-23-08, 05:49 PM
Just a little trade down for AJ.

http://www.airmailpioneers.org/history/old2492.gif

Ziggy
09-24-08, 01:57 PM
Just think, had he stayed in Champcar he would have had a whole year of dodging the hearse under his belt already.....

I don't understand the hate on AJ, I mean all he was trying to do was get the highest paying job. If he never races again, he has accomplished more than 99% of the wankers on Internet message boards ;)

Don Quixote
09-24-08, 02:10 PM
Don't blame him for wanting to make more money. Don't blame him for wanting to go to NASCAR. Don't blame him for leaving a failing series when the gettin was good. Do blame him for being an arrogant ass during the process. :)

dando
09-24-08, 05:26 PM
File this under careful what you ask for.... :laugh:

-Kevin

pchall
09-24-08, 08:50 PM
Does this mean he has to get rid of the private jet?

Which goes first? The jet or Miss Molson Indy Kushnirenko?

Don Quixote
09-24-08, 09:25 PM
Which goes first? The jet or Miss Molson Indy Kushnirenko? Are you saying that Ms Kush might possibly be a gold diggin NASCAR groupie?

Sean Malone
09-24-08, 09:51 PM
He'll get a nationwide series drive and still earn more than if he was in Indycar...

As long as it makes The Kush happy who cares right?

AJ Allmendinger = Fail.

Sean Malone
09-24-08, 10:03 PM
Just think, had he stayed in Champcar he would have had a whole year of dodging the hearse under his belt already.....

I don't understand the hate on AJ, I mean all he was trying to do was get the highest paying job. If he never races again, he has accomplished more than 99% of the wankers on Internet message boards ;)

I'm sick and tired of the "don't blame the guy for going for the money" BS. AJ ran his snotty face on national television about how open wheel racing was the end all be all for him and how he would never leave it. He's a little primadonna that got spanked and now Speed will show him how to drive.

He'll live the rest of his life wondering if he had the kohonies and talent to win championships in IndyCar. He'll never know.

At least I've seen his wife naked and for that they both have my heartfelt gratitude.

STD
09-24-08, 10:13 PM
Win championships in IndyCar? Little late there for the real thing. :rofl:

Hostess makes better snack cakes.

Methanolandbrats
09-24-08, 10:15 PM

I don't understand the hate on AJ, I mean all he was trying to do was get the highest paying job. If he never races again, he has accomplished more than 99% of the wankers on Internet message boards ;) All that proves is that racing wankers get paid more :p

opinionated ow
09-25-08, 12:18 AM
As long as it makes The Kush happy who cares right?

AJ Allmendinger = Fail.

Say what you like, he could retire comfortably now and compete in motorkhanas for the rest of this life.

extramundane
09-25-08, 08:29 AM
Say what you like, he could retire comfortably now and compete in motorkhanas for the rest of this life.

Not quite. The maintenance package on the Kushmobile 9000 is hellish. And the jet's a financial drain too, although I know a guy who's good for $500 worth of fuel. :thumbup:

Cam
09-25-08, 09:09 AM
Not quite. The maintenance package on the Kushmobile 9000 is hellish. And the jet's a financial drain too, although I know a guy who's good for $500 worth of fuel. :thumbup:

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Keyboard insurance claim here! :rofl:

Sean Malone
09-25-08, 01:56 PM

it's all about the money.

I'm thinking of dealing in crack, pimpin' ho's and cheatin' at blackjack in vegas.

Wish me luck.

oddlycalm
09-25-08, 07:24 PM
I know a guy who's good for $500 worth of fuel. :thumbup:
For the Kushmobile 9000 or the jet....?

oc

Indy
09-25-08, 09:16 PM
I know a guy who's good for $500 worth of fuel. :thumbup:

Don't be dissin' D-Piddy. $500 buys some phat taxi'n, yo.

pchall
09-27-08, 12:13 PM
Don't be dissin' D-Piddy. $500 buys some phat taxi'n, yo.

D-Piddy. :yuck: The monicker suits him.

I thought his claim was to have ponied up $150 towards the jet fuel, though...

Audi_A4
09-30-08, 11:09 AM
It's official, he's out http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-allmendinger-out-at-red-bull/

TKGAngel
12-28-08, 11:25 PM
And he's now back in? Speed (http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-allmendinger-reportedly-replacing-sadler-at-gem/) says that Dinger is dotting the I's and crossing the T's on a contract that would have him replacing Elliott Sadler at Evernham.

WTF? Sadler is one of the most popular drivers in NASCAR and has some serious sponsor cred. Does Dinger have that same cred or just photos of someone doing someone or something unsavory? :saywhat:

Al Czervik
12-29-08, 12:18 AM
And he's now back in? Speed (http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-allmendinger-reportedly-replacing-sadler-at-gem/) says that Dinger is dotting the I's and crossing the T's on a contract that would have him replacing Elliott Sadler at Evernham.

WTF? Sadler is one of the most popular drivers in NASCAR and has some serious sponsor cred. Does Dinger have that same cred or just photos of someone doing someone or something unsavory? :saywhat:

<photomode on> erincrocker <photomode off>

High Sided
12-29-08, 12:11 PM
from www.jayski.com

Sadler replaced by Allmendinger? UPDATE: AJ Allmendinger is set to replace Elliott Sadler in the #19 Dodge in 2009, multiple Gillett Evernham Motorsports team sources told ESPN.com on Saturday. GEM CEO Tom Reddin told team employees and sponsors the news just before Christmas, causing some sponsors to consider leaving, according to team sources. Reached for comment Saturday, GEM spokesman Drew Brown chose not to comment. Sources also said Ray Evernham, who founded the team and sold majority ownership to George Gillett, cleared out all personal possessions from the team's shop, including the 2002 Brickyard 400 trophy he won as owner of Bill Elliott's #9 Dodge. Calls placed to Evernham and Sadler's representation were not immediately returned.(ESPN.com)(12-27-2008)
UPDATE: Allmendinger will join Kasey Kahne in the flagship #9 GEM Dodge and newcomer Reed Sorenson, who will pilot the #43 Dodge following the imminent announcement of the merger between owner George Gillett and Richard Petty.
AND Sadler? Sadler's possibilities are rumored to include the #41 Chevy at Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing or the #77 Dodge at Penske Racing should Sam Hornish Jr. replace Helio Castroneves in the IRL IndyCar Series [who faces a trial and possible jail over IRS charges].(FoxSports), no word on who would drive the #10 Dodge of GEM in 2009.(12-28-2008)

Wheel-Nut
12-29-08, 03:24 PM
Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing ???

When the hell did that happen?

trish
12-29-08, 07:56 PM
Back in October or November.

Methanolandbrats
12-30-08, 12:37 AM
<photomode on> erincrocker <photomode off>
Must mean Dinger is Evernham's new love toy. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

trish
12-30-08, 07:20 AM
I thought Evernham sold the team completely.

Wheel-Nut
12-30-08, 09:39 AM
or the #77 Dodge at Penske Racing should Sam Hornish Jr. replace Helio Castroneves in the IRL IndyCar Series [who faces a trial and possible jail over IRS charges].

:laugh:

High Sided
12-30-08, 10:22 AM
I thought Evernham sold the team completely.

he did :cool:

High Sided
01-09-09, 12:42 PM
AJ now driving part time :laugh:
www.jayski.com
UPDATE: Gillett Evernham Motorsports and driver Elliott Sadler have reached an agreement that enables Sadler to retain his position as driver of the team's #19 Dodge, thereby moving AJ Allmendinger to a part-time ride, multiple GEM sources told ESPN.com. It seems Allmendinger will drive a fourth GEM Dodge on a limited basis.

cameraman
01-09-09, 06:30 PM
Is that version signed yet:rolleyes: