PDA

View Full Version : NPR going down hill.

Napoleon
05-23-03, 07:50 AM
They had Helio on this morning, and a story in general on the IRL 500.

Talked about declining attendance and TV viewership and tied it to the split, most of the good drivers being back, Mike A as owner, Mario taking the car out and IMS's owners trying to promote Fidelio to get people interested in the race again.

I assume the story will be repeated in the next hour.

Napoleon
05-23-03, 08:57 AM
Now anouther NPR story on the IRL 497.5 and talking that its not the race it was, and how its not a sell out.

Napoleon
05-23-03, 08:59 AM
The second story was not nearly as positive as the first one. The guy that gave the story is from ESPN.com. I say get Defender on this right away to straighten him out.

Jag_Warrior
05-23-03, 11:51 AM
I guess threatening to take away people's Indy press credentials (when they'd rather be in Charlotte anyway) isn't so effective these days.

If you'd told me ten years ago that I'd have access to free Indy tickets and I wouldn't care... I'd have laughed in your face.

All I look forward to is winding up in the same nursing home as Tony George. Every morning I'll roll myself down the hall with a boom box and blast "Burning Down The House" outside Tony Boy's room. I don't know about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to my golden years. :)

IlliniRacer
05-23-03, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
The second story was not nearly as positive as the first one. The guy that gave the story is from ESPN.com. I say get Defender on this right away to straighten him out.

Defender listening to NPR. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kate
05-24-03, 08:43 AM
Mikey will be on "Lou Dobbs Moneyline" (how appropriate) on Monday -- the show runs at 6 pm on CNN but I suspect Mikey will be on around 6:30. It'll be interesting to see what he says.

Lou is a big Mario fan and had him on after his trip into Low Earth Orbit to ask "What the heck were you thinking?" and it was a very convivial interview.