PDA

View Full Version : FOTA, Formula One Teams' Association.

emjaya
09-12-08, 09:46 PM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70288

The new Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) is set to hold its first official meeting at next weekend's Italian Grand Prix, providing sign-off is reached in Belgium about the structure of the new organisation.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70481

Formula One teams signed off the Articles of Association for the new Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) in Monza on Thursday.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24339333-23770,00.html

FERRARI president Luca di Montezemolo has been appointed as chairman of a new Formula One teams' organisation – a union designed to protect the teams' interests.

:rofl:

The 10 teams set up the association to make sure that they are not steamrolled by proposals from the FIA and its embattled 67-year-old president Max Mosley...

And so the wheel turns....

Cam
09-12-08, 09:57 PM
The 10 teams set up the association to make sure that they are not steamrolled by proposals from the FIA and its embattled 67-year-old president Max Mosley...

That horse has well and truly bolted. :irked:

opinionated ow
09-12-08, 10:13 PM
I thought they had banded together so that they weren't whipped and beaten into submission?

miatanut
09-13-08, 04:29 PM
Does the Formula One Constructors Association no longer exist, or did Bernie and Max twist it into something different?

F1 politics has always been a lot more complicated than AOW politics, and I've preferred to focus on the racing, leaving me ignorant on this stuff.

opinionated ow
09-13-08, 09:41 PM
Does the Formula One Constructors Association no longer exist, or did Bernie and Max twist it into something different?

F1 politics has always been a lot more complicated than AOW politics, and I've preferred to focus on the racing, leaving me ignorant on this stuff.
GPMA disappeared when they first twisted Mosley and Ecclestone's arms. Just makes you wonder whether they used lesbian prostitutes with a whip to get their point across.

miatanut
09-13-08, 10:04 PM
GPMA disappeared when they first twisted Mosley and Ecclestone's arms. Just makes you wonder whether they used lesbian prostitutes with a whip to get their point across.

FOCA was an earlier group. If I'm understanding correctly the stuff I've seen on the web today, technically it still exists, under the control of one Bernie Ecclestone, but doesn't do anything because it appears it was formally put out of business by the Concorde Agreement. FOCA was formed to fight Jean-Marie Balestre, who I see passed away this past spring. Good riddance!

Sad thing is, now Bernie Ecclestone is as bad as Jean-Marie Balestre ever was.

I guess every 25 years or so, F1 needs a revolution to throw the old a**holes out on their ear, and bring the sport under the control of new crusaders who will gradually turn into a**holes themselves.

Oh well, in the US, we have a**holes running the sport and spec. cars. At least in F1, we get decent cars.