PDA

View Full Version : Petit Le Mans Advice

Trevor Longman
09-11-08, 08:38 PM
My dad and I are seriously considering going to road atlanta this year for the PLM. :) I was wondering if anybody has been there and could give any advice. For example, when does camping open? I looked on the website but couldn't find anything on the subject. I think I heard that camping opened tuesday night. but I'm not sure of that. Suggestions on the best places to camp? Also, is anyone else going this year? My dad and I would love to see some of you guys down there. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

nissan gtp
09-12-08, 04:59 PM
been going since 2004. Check out the the camping map (http://www.roadatlanta.com/trackmap.lasso), it's fairly accurate. Find a place in the shade, otherwise it's all pretty good.

If you want to be one of the first in, I'd just call the track. With a camping pass you don't need a parking pass. The restrooms in the Support paddock area have hot showers. You can take beer/booze/etc in, never been searched or asked (keep it out of sight when you enter). In the last few years the on-site food has been pretty poor. Wear shoes that you don't mind ruining, the red clay can really mess them up if it's wet. This is a fantastic event, you'll have a great time.

Trevor Longman
09-12-08, 07:20 PM
Thanks a bunch! My dad is gonna work on calculating frequent flier miles tonight and see if we have enough to go. Hoping to have enough and see you there! :)