PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Experiment

G.
09-09-08, 10:40 PM
There was a post by me on this Discovery show, but it wasn't appropriate to add to it (it was aboot vegetarianism).

So I offer this worthless post. Enjoy.

My neighbor's brother, my Cub Scout's Den Leader's bro, is going to be on Alaska Experiment. stink (http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/alaska/alaska-week.html)

He's doing survival training this week, then next week they start filming for 8 weeks.

He has hunted a wild boar with a knife. And won. Seriously.

Not much ca$h involved, but he gets to do some big-game hunting, so he's good. That's why he's doing it. He's apparently a character, and the producers appear ready to give him big air-time.

I'll get you all his name when the season starts.

Or not.:cool:

SteveH
09-09-08, 10:42 PM
Hmmm, thought this was going to be a post about McCain's choice for VP. :gomer:

nrc
09-09-08, 10:57 PM
Poised to close...

Methanolandbrats
09-09-08, 11:12 PM
Poised to close...
:D Ever thought about a free for all section.......say anything you want, anything is fair game...........or do you think there might be a downside to that?

G.
09-09-08, 11:22 PM
Poised to close...So change the topic title!

"The Discovery Channel's TV show entitled the Alaska Experiment, not to be confused with a GILF-to-be's run at what is arguably the second highest elected position in the country, maybe behind to the Speaker of the House, or the Senate Arms Committee Chairperson, the Secretary of Defense, or Bill Gates."

Just a suggestion.

:) :laugh:

Or nuke the thing. Don't bug me much.

Want me to try again, or did I bore everyone too much?

;)

Michaelhatesfans
09-10-08, 01:18 AM
:D Ever thought about a free for all section.......say anything you want, anything is fair game...........

Oh, man - that would save me soooooooo much self editing!

:cool:

trish
09-10-08, 07:04 AM
:D Ever thought about a free for all section.......say anything you want, anything is fair game...........or do you think there might be a downside to that?

Bad idea. I can give you a couple of links to racing forums that allow political discussions if you want to see the aftermath.

Methanolandbrats
09-10-08, 07:37 AM
Bad idea. I can give you a couple of links to racing forums that allow political discussions if you want to see the aftermath.
;)

SurfaceUnits
09-10-08, 07:55 AM

just go any Indianner forem and start a daylight savings time thread :gomer::gomer::gomer:

emjaya
09-10-08, 08:39 AM
He has hunted a wild boar with a knife. And won. Seriously.

My cousin hunts pigs like that, him and a dog. The dog chases the pig down and grabs the pig by the nose and the cousin leaps on it and cuts it's throat. No bullet for the butcher to dig out. :\

I've gone with him a couple of times. Brutal. :eek:

Maybe your neighbours bro can hunt a polar bear with a knife. I'd watch that. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
09-10-08, 09:07 AM
Maybe your neighbours bro can hunt a polar bear with a knife. I'd watch that. :gomer:
Me too! :thumbup: P bears are'nt that tough, ya just have to sneak up on em.

oddlycalm
09-10-08, 09:48 PM
I'll get you all his name when the season starts. Somebody to cheer for would improve that show some. I scanned through the fist season on the DVR and for anyone that has actually done the primitive living in a remote area thing it does bring back memories. Not much romance (or entertainment value?) in chopping endless cords of wood and never really getting warm, using the privy in weather a polar bear wouldn't go out in, hauling water endlessly, never bathing, and half rations of what could best be described and road kill. Not a lot of time to enjoy being out there when just living is a full time job.

oc

eiregosod
09-10-08, 09:51 PM
it's been done

http://dwb.adn.com/front/story/4110831p-4127072c.html

I think Discovery showed the snuff film

trish
09-10-08, 10:03 PM
it's been done

http://dwb.adn.com/front/story/4110831p-4127072c.html

I think Discovery showed the snuff film

They did. Very strange guy. I'd have killed him too.