PDA

View Full Version : Spa

trish
09-07-08, 09:32 AM
Well, the rain made that an interesting result. So close for Bourdais. :(

oddlycalm
09-07-08, 04:44 PM
Well, the rain made that an interesting result. So close for Bourdais. :(
Yeah, it looked like he was going to get a nice result until the last lap. I'm assuming he had some kind of spin or off. We didn't get to see a lot of what happened on that lap. He certainly drove a hell of a race until then.

oc

Insomniac
09-07-08, 05:07 PM
Yeah, it looked like he was going to get a nice result until the last lap. I'm assuming he had some kind of spin or off. We didn't get to see a lot of what happened on that lap. He certainly drove a hell of a race until then.

oc

I thought he was just passed by everyone on the intermediate tires.

pchall
09-07-08, 05:18 PM
I thought he was just passed by everyone on the intermediate tires.

That's how the race report on Crash.net sounds -- nothing mechanical and no off roading. Just lost places as conditions changed and others had the right tire.

Insomniac
09-07-08, 11:39 PM
That's how the race report on Crash.net sounds -- nothing mechanical and no off roading. Just lost places as conditions changed and others had the right tire.

Reviewing the F1 web site, looks like Bourdais may've thrown it away. I can't remember for sure, but I thought he had 6s on Vettel. Then only Alonso pitted for tires and it ended like this:

4 Fernando Alonso +14.4 secs
5 Sebastian Vettel +14.5 secs
6 Robert Kubica +15.0 secs
7 Sebastien Bourdais +16.7 secs

trish
09-07-08, 11:42 PM
I thought Vettel stopped also.

opinionated ow
09-08-08, 12:19 AM
Reviewing the F1 web site, looks like Bourdais may've thrown it away. I can't remember for sure, but I thought he had 6s on Vettel. Then only Alonso pitted for tires and it ended like this:

4 Fernando Alonso +14.4 secs
5 Sebastian Vettel +14.5 secs
6 Robert Kubica +15.0 secs
7 Sebastien Bourdais +16.7 secs

I think Bourdais got left out to dry when Heidfeld, Alonso went through, allowing Vettel and Kubica through.

Insomniac
09-08-08, 07:57 AM
I think Bourdais got left out to dry when Heidfeld, Alonso went through, allowing Vettel and Kubica through.

I missed Heidfeld! He pitted a lap before Alonso and went from 8th to 3rd. Alonso ended up saving 4th. But in 1 lap, Alonso could pit from 4th and still came back to finish 4th.

Insomniac
09-08-08, 07:59 AM
I thought Vettel stopped also.

According to the Pit Summary, he and Kubica didn't.

Giancarlo Fisichella 40
Nick Heidfeld 42
Timo Glock 42
Nico Rosberg 42
David Coulthard 42
Kazuki Nakajima 42
Jenson Button 42
Fernando Alonso 43