PDA

View Full Version : The worst thing about hurricanes...

extramundane
09-06-08, 11:25 PM
...is when they leave thousands of drunken NASCAR fans idle and bored on a Saturday night.

Seriously, Cletus, go pound Miller Lite at the Applebee's bar and stay outta my reputable drinkin' establishments. :irked: :gomer: :cry:

Methanolandbrats
09-06-08, 11:33 PM
I thought they just played chess, sipped wine and read mutiple newspapers until the flag was dropped. Am I wrong? :confused:

dando
09-07-08, 08:32 AM
...is when they leave thousands of drunken NASCAR fans idle and bored on a Saturday night.

Seriously, Cletus, go pound Miller Lite at the Applebee's bar and stay outta my reputable drinkin' establishments. :irked: :gomer: :cry:

Thanks be to God and :tony: there ain't no NASCAB racin' here in good ol' oHIo. :thumbup: :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
09-07-08, 08:33 AM
I thought they just played chess, sipped wine and read mutiple newspapers until the flag was dropped. Am I wrong? :confused:

Yer confusing Badgers fans tailgatin' with NASCAB fans. ;) :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
09-07-08, 06:11 PM
I did a father-daughter Girl Scout witer water rafting trip/camping this weekend on the Lehigh River near Jim Thorpe. Two tropical depressions passing over us eight hours apart was, well, wet. I was wet for about 36 hours straight. :rolleyes:

We had a blast though. :D

Ankf00
09-07-08, 06:24 PM

why put up with cleetus when you can pack a couple coolers and head to the mountains? :)

dando
09-07-08, 06:28 PM
I did a father-daughter Girl Scout witer water rafting trip/camping this weekend on the Lehigh River near Jim Thorpe. Two tropical depressions passing over us eight hours apart was, well, wet. I was wet for about 36 hours straight. :rolleyes:

Dude, that's like going on a water ride and complaining that ya got wet. :saywhat: :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
09-07-08, 08:26 PM
Dude, that's like going on a water ride and complaining that ya got wet. :saywhat: :gomer:

-Kevin

The white water part was supposed to be four hours. Standing under a waterfall for 32 hours wasn't part of the plan.

But as I said. We had a blast. :D

dando
09-07-08, 08:41 PM
But as I said. We had a blast. :D

I'm sure you did. :thumbup: One of the highlights of my life was the trip we did on the New River in WV several years ago. :) I wish I could get my wife to go back again. :( Waiting on the young 'un to get to the proper age for death defying feats. :D (Divorce to occur shortly afterwards) ;)

-Kevin

extramundane
09-07-08, 08:48 PM
why put up with cleetus when you can pack a couple coolers and head to the mountains? :)

Had a social function that required my presence in civilization. Little did I know that uncivilization was in the house too. I mean, seriously, if you're in town for Neckcar, what makes you think that it would be a good idea to crash a bar that was heavily advertising its selection as the sole US outlet for Golden Kenia, then bitch because they don't serve Bud or Miller? :irked:

Ankf00
09-07-08, 09:07 PM
Had a social function that required my presence in civilization. Little did I know that uncivilization was in the house too. I mean, seriously, if you're in town for Neckcar, what makes you think that it would be a good idea to crash a bar that was heavily advertising its selection as the sole US outlet for Golden Kenia, then bitch because they don't serve Bud or Miller? :irked:

:laugh: reminds me of my buddy from Ft. Wayne. professional engineer and drinks keystone b/c it's so cheap :rofl:

We had a blast though. :D

did the same minus the family-orientation plus some trout huntin'. and perfect weather too :D