PDA

View Full Version : The most insincere man in all motorsports

Formula Silver L
09-05-08, 01:24 AM
has got to Helio Castro Neves. What is it with that plasterd, pained, perma smile on that grill of his.Even when things go wrong, there it is. Right after leaving Hogan Racing. Someone wrongfully advised him to "smile and play nice guy" when the cameras are a rollin. Does he really believe we fall for his "oh man my guys" are this and that B.S. every race. Correct me if I am wrong. One of the reasons I have always been attracted to F1,Champ Car. Was the cool alomst aloof demeanor of it's drivers. It was something that contrasted the BS attitude of most popular American sports stars we were so used to seeing. GO AWAY HELIO. JUST GO AWAY!!:):):):):)

chop456
09-05-08, 02:13 AM
Don't watch. It's surprisingly easy.

Don Quixote
09-05-08, 08:59 AM
His act is tedious beyond belief. Like Chop, I am at perfect harmonious peace now that I don't watch. In fact, about nobody watches anymore.

Chief
09-05-08, 09:45 AM
The mourning is over...let the IRL rot.:tony:

cameraman
09-05-08, 10:04 AM
I've never seen him dance and I don't watch IRL races.

I don't find him annoying at all:gomer:

Sean Malone
09-05-08, 10:34 AM
has got to Helio Castro Neves. What is it with that plasterd, pained, perma smile on that grill of his.Even when things go wrong, there it is. Right after leaving Hogan Racing. Someone wrongfully advised him to "smile and play nice guy" when the cameras are a rollin. Does he really believe we fall for his "oh man my guys" are this and that B.S. every race. Correct me if I am wrong. One of the reasons I have always been attracted to F1,Champ Car. Was the cool alomst aloof demeanor of it's drivers. It was something that contrasted the BS attitude of most popular American sports stars we were so used to seeing. GO AWAY HELIO. JUST GO AWAY!!:):):):):)

Let me guess...he wouldn't sign your stomach?

pchall
09-05-08, 11:54 AM
Let me guess...he wouldn't sign your stomach?

Or "forgot" to pay for the body shots?

indyfan31
09-05-08, 09:13 PM
Wasn't it Vasser that, when asked who his favorite actor was, answered Helio Castro-Neves? At that point I figured, well, it's not just me that thinks all that "enthusiasm" is just an act.

Winston Wolfe
09-05-08, 10:24 PM

pretty "opinionated" for a first post.... not to mention the "always loved Champ Car, etc." comment....:rolleyes:

Cam
09-06-08, 12:33 AM
pretty "opinionated" for a first post.... not to mention the "always loved Champ Car, etc." comment....:rolleyes:

I dunno... I tend to agree somewhat. His "He pass me under yellow" routine was utterly sickening to watch/hear. Just made me wanna punch his arrogant lights out. :yuck:

Indy
09-06-08, 12:42 AM
Wasn't it Vasser that, when asked who his favorite actor was, answered Helio Castro-Neves? At that point I figured, well, it's not just me that thinks all that "enthusiasm" is just an act.

Yup.

JohnHKart
09-06-08, 01:09 AM

Yeah was Vasser. I actually think of that quote every week these days when watching those racess. That quote has really stuck with me. Helio must be completely different than his "character".

John

oddlycalm
09-06-08, 02:11 AM
These days the title for the 'most insincere man in all motorsports' is a competition equal to most of the triple homogenized competition yellow spec car predigested mototainment colon blow that is being passed of as professional racing in the US. There are smarmy kissass douchebags everywhere you look. That's what happens when it's controlled by 3rd generation 'visionaries' that wouldn't know real racing if it ran them down at 230mph. :tony:

oc

Cam
09-06-08, 04:30 AM
These days the title for the 'most insincere man in all motorsports' is a competition equal to most of the triple homogenized competition yellow spec car predigested mototainment colon blow that is being passed of as professional racing in the US. There are smarmy kissass douchebags everywhere you look. That's what happens when it's controlled by 3rd generation 'visionaries' that wouldn't know real racing if it ran them down at 230mph. :tony:

oc

Beautiful man...

Beautiful. :)

Indy
09-06-08, 10:12 AM
^^^ Brilliant.

Don Quixote
09-06-08, 11:12 AM
I make a motion that from now on AOW racing be known as "triple homogenized competition yellow spec car predigested mototainment colon blow". Perfect, oc, perfect. :thumbup:

dando
09-06-08, 12:03 PM

oc

Poetic. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

G.
09-06-08, 12:28 PM
I make a motion that from now on AOW racing be known as "triple homogenized competition yellow spec car predigested mototainment colon blow". Perfect, oc, perfect. :thumbup:

I Second the motion!

All in favor of adopting THCYSCPMCB??

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Sean Malone
09-06-08, 12:40 PM
I Second the motion!

All in favor of adopting THCYSCPMCB??

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Hell, I want it as my new nick!:)

cart7
09-10-08, 07:02 AM
And to think he'd probably be some long forgotten Brazilian sportscar racer by now had Greg not left us. :(

pchall
09-10-08, 09:23 AM
And to think he'd probably be some long forgotten Brazilian sportscar racer by now had Greg not left us. :(

Moore would have been at McLaren-Mercedes pretty damned quick -- a couple of years in the Reynske-Honda and the interest M-B had in him in the mid/late 90s would have gotten him a shot. He was that good.

JohnHKart
09-10-08, 01:23 PM

has anbody noticed how much Ryan Briscoe looks like Greg? It makes me feel wierd...because obviously that's what Greg would have looked like in that uniform.

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/dekloet/greg_moore.jpg

http://www.scheuern.com/moore/images/moore1mo.jpg

http://blogs.chron.com/motorsports/RyanBriscoe.jpg.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0901/rpm_w_briscoe_275.jpg

Chaos
09-10-08, 01:24 PM
I don't see it

JohnHKart
09-10-08, 01:25 PM
They aren't identical at all but look kind of similar and it just reminds me.

Rogue Leader
09-11-08, 07:57 AM
I agree. I watched the DVR of the race yesterday and Man I just wanted to punch him in the pre and post race interviews. All I could think was WHAT A TOOL! Plus he kept going on and on post race and the interviewer just walked away, it was pretty funny.

devilmaster
09-11-08, 10:05 AM
Moore would have been at McLaren-Mercedes pretty damned quick -- a couple of years in the Reynske-Honda and the interest M-B had in him in the mid/late 90s would have gotten him a shot. He was that good.

And if it wasn't there, Sir Frank was known to call Micklewright on occasion to ask about his availability.