PDA

View Full Version : Volcano Taco

Stu
09-04-08, 02:32 PM
http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/files/2008/09/tb_volcano-taco.jpg

As I ventured to Tower City today for lunch, I noticed a sign at Kentucky Bell (a combo KFC and Taco Bell) that they now featured the 79/89/99 cent value menu. This of course meant that the 89 cent Volcano Taco was now available. Supposedly in the Volcano Taco there is a stream of spicy cheese sauce that is so hot it can only be contained in a sexy new red shell. My decision on where to dine was made easy.

Before I divulge my opinion on this potentially mouth watering marvel of Taco Bell, I must say that I stood behind one of the dumbest individuals I have ever seen as I waited in line. The gentleman decided to not move up, forcing fellow Kentucky Bell customers to stand as far away as the Arby's next door. All sorts of confusion resulted (which may be why I wound up with an extra Cheesy Beef Burrito in my order).

Back to business, with my order in hand I quickly sprinted up the escalator to find a table where it was quiet and I could focus on the task at hand. 2 Volcano Tacos were ordered with some other various burritos thrown in the mix. I wasted no time, and quickly tore into the wrapping of Volcano Taco #1.

On first impression it appears to be a standard Taco Bell hard shell taco, with the added twist of a red shell. The shell in fact tastes no different from a standard shell, it is sadly just marketing. This was expected though and the real highlight was yet to come with the spicy sauce imbedded between a pile of seasoned ground beef, cheese, and lettuce. The sauce first hit me around the second bite, and while it won’t blow your socks off; it is the spiciest item available at Taco Bell. It did catch up though as by the end of Volcano Taco 1, I had drunk a quarter of my water.

For comparison’s sake, I also ordered a favorite of mine, the Spicy Chicken Burrito, which does not hold up to the spice of the Volcano Taco. To help you understand how the hotness of this Volcano Taco ranks with other items, I have compiled a ranking:

1 – Quaker Steak and Lube Mild Sauce
2 - Water
3 - Wendy’s Spicy baconator
4 – Taco Bell Spicy Chicken Burrito
5 – Taco Bell Volcano Taco
6 – Burger King Extreme Spicy Tendercrisp (oh how I miss thee)
7 – The Rajin Cajunator (a personal creation at Red Robin, just ask for the Rajin Cajun and add Jalapenos, a Jalapeno Bun, Chipotle Mayo, and Bacon).
8 – My homemade Chili
9 - Quaker Steak and Lube Atomic Wing Sauce (you can insert any extreme hot sauce here; remember this is just a general guide).
10 – Sarah Palin

Overall, the Volcano Taco will not blow you away, but for 89 Cents, if you need something spicy to put you to sleep at 2 in the morning, the Volcano Taco is for you.

Of course, no Taco Bell review is complete until the meal has been fully....um....digested.

Stay tuned for more.

Ankf00
09-04-08, 02:53 PM
your knowledge of fast food offerings and taste in wimmins makes me glad I'm not you

:gomer:

ChampcarShark
09-04-08, 03:07 PM
No comment here, all of Taco Bell's food tastes like cardboard compared to authentic Mexican food, and the sauce is just tomato to us.
No wonder you do not see Mexicans at Taco Bell

Try Taco Cabana for a close match to authentic South the border food.

I like the Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich, nice and spicy.

Stu
09-04-08, 03:09 PM
No comment here, all of Taco Bell's food tastes like cardboard compared to authentic Mexican food, and the sauce is just tomato to us.
No wonder you do not see Mexicans at Taco Bell

I like the Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich, nice and spicy.

Taco Bell is Mexican food? :confused:

extramundane
09-04-08, 03:10 PM
That people voluntarily eat Taco Bell food while sober boggles my mind. :saywhat:

Stu
09-04-08, 03:15 PM
That people voluntarily eat Taco Bell food while sober boggles my mind. :saywhat:

but it has a red shell! :gomer:

their marketing worked on me. plus its cheap. plus i dont drink much so i can't take advantage of it like Drunkards such as Ank.

ChampcarShark
09-04-08, 03:18 PM
Taco Bell is Mexican food? :confused:

According to californians, any taco is considered mexican food.

Methanolandbrats
09-04-08, 03:22 PM
http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/files/2008/09/tb_volcano-taco.jpg

As I ventured to Tower City today for lunch, I noticed a sign at Kentucky Bell (a combo KFC and Taco Bell) that they now featured the 79/89/99 cent value menu. This of course meant that the 89 cent Volcano Taco was now available. Supposedly in the Volcano Taco there is a stream of spicy cheese sauce that is so hot it can only be contained in a sexy new red shell. My decision on where to dine was made easy.

Before I divulge my opinion on this potentially mouth watering marvel of Taco Bell, I must say that I stood behind one of the dumbest individuals I have ever seen as I waited in line. The gentleman decided to not move up, forcing fellow Kentucky Bell customers to stand as far away as the Arby's next door. All sorts of confusion resulted (which may be why I wound up with an extra Cheesy Beef Burrito in my order).

Back to business, with my order in hand I quickly sprinted up the escalator to find a table where it was quiet and I could focus on the task at hand. 2 Volcano Tacos were ordered with some other various burritos thrown in the mix. I wasted no time, and quickly tore into the wrapping of Volcano Taco #1.

On first impression it appears to be a standard Taco Bell hard shell taco, with the added twist of a red shell. The shell in fact tastes no different from a standard shell, it is sadly just marketing. This was expected though and the real highlight was yet to come with the spicy sauce imbedded between a pile of seasoned ground beef, cheese, and lettuce. The sauce first hit me around the second bite, and while it won’t blow your socks off; it is the spiciest item available at Taco Bell. It did catch up though as by the end of Volcano Taco 1, I had drunk a quarter of my water.

For comparison’s sake, I also ordered a favorite of mine, the Spicy Chicken Burrito, which does not hold up to the spice of the Volcano Taco. To help you understand how the hotness of this Volcano Taco ranks with other items, I have compiled a ranking:

1 – Quaker Steak and Lube Mild Sauce
2 - Water
3 - Wendy’s Spicy baconator
4 – Taco Bell Spicy Chicken Burrito
5 – Taco Bell Volcano Taco
6 – Burger King Extreme Spicy Tendercrisp (oh how I miss thee)
7 – The Rajin Cajunator (a personal creation at Red Robin, just ask for the Rajin Cajun and add Jalapenos, a Jalapeno Bun, Chipotle Mayo, and Bacon).
8 – My homemade Chili
9 - Quaker Steak and Lube Atomic Wing Sauce (you can insert any extreme hot sauce here; remember this is just a general guide).
10 – Sarah Palin

Overall, the Volcano Taco will not blow you away, but for 89 Cents, if you need something spicy to put you to sleep at 2 in the morning, the Volcano Taco is for you.

Of course, no Taco Bell review is complete until the meal has been fully....um....digested.

Stay tuned for more.

Where would you rate the spicy chick soft taco, arguably Taco Bell's finest offering.

Is the Volcano just a standard Taco drowned in Fire Sauce?

#10 made me physically ill, so I am somewhat skeptical of your food reviews :gomer:

G.
09-04-08, 03:25 PM
Taco Bell is like a jelly donut.

When you reallyreallyreally want a jelly donut, there is nothing else that can fill that crave except a jelly donut.

Taco Bell is just like that.

Insomniac
09-04-08, 03:27 PM
Is it hotter than the Fire sauce they have?

Stu
09-04-08, 03:33 PM
Where would you rate the spicy chick soft taco, arguably Taco Bell's finest offering.

Is the Volcano just a standard Taco drowned in Fire Sauce?

#10 made me physically ill, so I am somewhat skeptical of your food reviews :gomer:

never had the spicy chicken soft taco, as i've always gone with its big brother the spicy chicken burrito. my assumption is the use the same spices, so this would be hotter. next time, i'll grab a soft taco per your recommendation.

as far as #10 goes, its understandable. just like with any extremely hot food, not everyone can handle the hotness. :cool:

Stu
09-04-08, 03:35 PM
Is it hotter than the Fire sauce they have?

i'd say yes, but different as its blended with cheese.

i put fire sauce on everything, although i did not double up with fire sauce on top of the volcano taco today. i wanted to keep it pure.

on a side note (off topic but who cares its my topic), did i send you info about getting directv nfl sunday ticket for free?

Insomniac
09-04-08, 03:44 PM
i'd say yes, but different as its blended with cheese.

i put fire sauce on everything, although i did not double up with fire sauce on top of the volcano taco today. i wanted to keep it pure.

on a side note (off topic but who cares its my topic), did i send you info about getting directv nfl sunday ticket for free?

I was going to stop by taco bell on the way home. (I'm a vegetarian, so how many ways can you cook beans?) Thought I'd try that and get the usual 7-Layer Burrito.

I can't even get them to give me SuperFan for free. They have to ask their supervisor. And they'll offer random stuff like $60 and claim that makes it free. I get the worst CSRs when I call. I'd appreciate the information though. I'm making one last effort before I cancel it. I'm not paying $350 to watch ~8 Patriots games. Even $250 is more than I'd like to pay, but I never regret paying for it after the season is over. But sheesh, I pay $10/mo for HD (My year free just ran out, 1 more year on my contract.) and people who signed up for NFLST this year (for $270) get SuperFan free. I've subscribed for 5 years now. Every game is broadcast in HD now.

Methanolandbrats
09-04-08, 03:50 PM
as far as #10 goes, its understandable. just like with any extremely hot food, not everyone can handle the hotness. :cool: Final rating cannot be arrived at till she hits the stage without glasses and in a string bikini. :gomer:

Stu
09-04-08, 03:54 PM
they have a promo for new customers, sign up for the premier package and get sunday ticket for free.

i called and asked for the package, even though i am a current subscriber. they transferred me to promotions and after a little pushing the lady offered to take 1 payment off and throw in superfan for free. i said no and hung up.

i called back after i thought about it more and immediately asked for cancellations. because of the premeire package requirement for new customers, i also got all the movie channels thrown in for 3 months.

when all was done this is how it worked out:

Fees:

Sunday Ticket + $289.95
Superfan + $100.00
Subtotal = + $389.95

Deductions:

Free Superfan - $100.00
1 payment off - $57.99
6 months @ $10 off - $60.00
12 months @ $10 off - $120.00
Subtotal = - $337.39

Difference = + 52.56

For Sunday Ticket, Superfan, 3 months of HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, etc.

Cancellation is the key word.

Stu
09-04-08, 03:55 PM
Final rating cannot be arrived at till she hits the stage without glasses and in a string bikini. :gomer:

http://deadspin.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/09/palinbikinigun.jpg

Obviously its a photoshop, I think her legs would be more slender. ;)

Insomniac
09-04-08, 04:00 PM
they have a promo for new customers, sign up for the premier package and get sunday ticket for free.

i called and asked for the package, even though i am a current subscriber. they transferred me to promotions and after a little pushing the lady offered to take 1 payment off and throw in superfan for free. i said no and hung up.

i called back after i thought about it more and immediately asked for cancellations. because of the premeire package requirement for new customers, i also got all the movie channels thrown in for 3 months.

when all was done this is how it worked out:

Fees:

Sunday Ticket + $289.95
Superfan + $100.00
Subtotal = + $389.95

Deductions:

Free Superfan - $100.00
1 payment off - $57.99
6 months @ $10 off - $60.00
12 months @ $10 off - $120.00
Subtotal = - $337.39

Difference = + 52.56

For Sunday Ticket, Superfan, 3 months of HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, etc.

Are you not in a contract?

Methanolandbrats
09-04-08, 04:01 PM
:laugh: ----------pool photo.

Stu
09-04-08, 04:03 PM
Are you not in a contract?

i have 20 months remaining on my 2 year contract. :D

jcollins28
09-04-08, 04:10 PM
Stu,

Is this you?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/automatic_writing/MorganSpurlock.jpg

Insomniac
09-04-08, 04:17 PM
i have 20 months remaining on my 2 year contract. :D

Damn man! 2 questions. What time did you call and what kind of tone do you use? I call in the afternoon and try to be as nice as possible.

datachicane
09-04-08, 04:19 PM
Last night I had the El Jefe wings at my favorite wing joint, Fire on the Mountain on Interstate Ave. Like all bleeding-edge pepper products, they vary somewhat in heat from batch to batch. Last night they were hot.

Really hot.

To put things in perspective, I love Red Savina habaneros, I've made chili so hot that it's actually made my fellow pepper-head friends dizzy, I order crazy-fire-death-hot whenever I hit an Indian or Thai place, my wife and I go through a 750ml bottle of Iguana Radioactive (quite possibly the finest hot sauce on the planet, makes a nice table sauce) every two months, and I'd munch on Pu-239 if I could find it. I'm used to food that gives you spontaneous hiccups that don't go away for a day or so, I'm used to food so hot that it causes uncontrollable giggling, I'm used to food that makes me feel exactly like I've just shotgunned four fingers of vodka.

The El Jefes, however, are hot. Really hot.

Gnam
09-04-08, 04:33 PM
Is it true that after threating to cancel a few times as a ploy for freebies, they'll take you up on your offer and cancel/black list you?

Stu
09-04-08, 04:33 PM
Damn man! 2 questions. What time did you call and what kind of tone do you use? I call in the afternoon and try to be as nice as possible.

i called around noon, and i was friendly on the phone but firm about what i wanted.

my basic argument was twofold:

1. that i didnt think it was fair that new customers were able to get sunday ticket for free, and that i wont pay for it knowing a new customer can get it for free.

2. that the only reason to go with directv was sunday ticket, and without that i might as well switch to dish.

i was on the phone for maybe half an hour.

be careful though too, i got my first bill and it was wrong. i was orignially promised even more. at first they threw so many discounts at me that i was actually getting more channels and spending less money. in the end, another call was required and i wound up with all that stuff for an extra 50 or so bucks.

Sean Malone
09-04-08, 04:46 PM
Palin reminds me of Elaine Benes. I giggle a little every time I see her now. :)

Can't wait to see how she dances.

oddlycalm
09-04-08, 04:50 PM
Agreed, Taco Cabana is #1 in Tex-Mex eats. Unfortunately, they haven't ventured far from Texas. :(

Taco Cabana serves food that that you could serve at a sit down restaurant in most states and charge $15 a plate and people would be lining up around the block to get in. :thumbup:

oc

Insomniac
09-04-08, 04:58 PM
i called around noon, and i was friendly on the phone but firm about what i wanted.

my basic argument was twofold:

1. that i didnt think it was fair that new customers were able to get sunday ticket for free, and that i wont pay for it knowing a new customer can get it for free.

2. that the only reason to go with directv was sunday ticket, and without that i might as well switch to dish.

i was on the phone for maybe half an hour.

be careful though too, i got my first bill and it was wrong. i was orignially promised even more. at first they threw so many discounts at me that i was actually getting more channels and spending less money. in the end, another call was required and i wound up with all that stuff for an extra 50 or so bucks.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Stu
09-04-08, 05:01 PM
Palin reminds me of Elaine Benes. I giggle a little every time I see her now. :)

Can't wait to see how she dances.

SNL won't have to do much makeup on Tina Fey for their skits on Palin.

Ankf00
09-04-08, 05:11 PM
Agreed, Taco Cabana is #1 in Tex-Mex eats. Unfortunately, they haven't ventured far from Texas. :(

Taco Cabana serves food that that you could serve at a sit down restaurant in most states and charge $15 a plate and people would be lining up around the block to get in. :thumbup:

oc

unfortunately TC has gone significantly downhill the past few years after that damn yankee company bought them out. I don't go there nearly as often as i used to. Still knocks the crap out of most you can get anywhere else though.

Ankf00
09-04-08, 05:13 PM
but it has a red shell! :gomer:

their marketing worked on me. plus its cheap. plus i dont drink much so i can't take advantage of it like Drunkards such as Ank.

steady drunk diet of street gyros and taqueria tacos al pastor, thank you very much. :tony:

cameraman
09-04-08, 05:34 PM
This town is full of Mexicans running real Mexican restaurants/taco stands. If I want Mexican I go where they don't speak English. I'll put a $1 cart vendor taco up against any of the garbage TB sells.

oddlycalm
09-04-08, 06:11 PM
To put things in perspective, I love Red Savina habaneros, I've made chili so hot that it's actually made my fellow pepper-head friends dizzy, I order crazy-fire-death-hot whenever I hit an Indian or Thai place, my wife and I go through a 750ml bottle of Iguana Radioactive (quite possibly the finest hot sauce on the planet, makes a nice table sauce) every two months, and I'd munch on Pu-239 if I could find it. I'm used to food that gives you spontaneous hiccups that don't go away for a day or so, I'm used to food so hot that it causes uncontrollable giggling, I'm used to food that makes me feel exactly like I've just shotgunned four fingers of vodka.

So you're saying they're hot...? :D Great description. :thumbup:

oc

datachicane
09-04-08, 06:33 PM
Hey, you're in town, you oughta try'em some time.
Unless you're chicken. :D

oddlycalm
09-04-08, 07:34 PM
Fire On The Mountain sounds like a must, the El Hefe wings not so much. :D I'm a chile head but high voltage heart stopping heat isn't my thing. My comfort zone is 6-7 on a 1-10 postive scale.

oc

cameraman
09-04-08, 07:50 PM

You know that you can buy pure capsaicin if you really feel the need.

Just for the record the LD50 is 161.2 mg/kg

Insomniac
09-04-08, 09:32 PM
It didn't seem that hot to me. Maybe they were light on the sauce? I can certainly take a lot of heat, just usually don't because I prefer to taste the other things in the food. So I usually put 1 Hot packet on a regular taco. I'd say this was hotter than that, but not significantly. Pizza Hut's jalapenos are way, way hotter.

Methanolandbrats
09-04-08, 09:33 PM
Last night I had the El Jefe wings at my favorite wing joint, Fire on the Mountain on Interstate Ave. Like all bleeding-edge pepper products, they vary somewhat in heat from batch to batch. Last night they were hot.

Really hot.

Damn, you've had some very painful mornings :D

datachicane
09-05-08, 12:07 AM
I'm pretty well-tanned internally.

There was the unfortunate incident with the crazy-fiery-death-hot paprdi chaat, which, while delicious, is prepared without cooking. Cooking tends to bring out the heat, so an uncooked dish requires much, much more fire to reach the same heat level.

Digestion, sadly, is a reasonable substitute for cooking in bringing out that heat. I prayed for a death that never came. :eek:

datachicane
09-05-08, 12:10 AM
Fire On The Mountain sounds like a must, the El Hefe wings not so much. :D I'm a chile head but high voltage heart stopping heat isn't my thing. My comfort zone is 6-7 on a 1-10 postive scale.

oc

Drop me a line sometime and I'll meet you next time I drive up from Salem.

G.
09-05-08, 12:13 AM
HOT is not a flavor!

When you can't taste anything after the first bite, you've gone too far.

Spicy is a flavor.

Anything else is just weenie-wagging.

:p

Insomniac
09-05-08, 12:39 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

I got what I wanted (SF for free) but wasn't getting anywhere on NFLST. Maybe because I've been an auto-renew since 2005? Oh well.

ChampcarShark
09-05-08, 04:59 PM
This town is full of Mexicans running real Mexican restaurants/taco stands. If I want Mexican I go where they don't speak English. I'll put a $1 cart vendor taco up against any of the garbage TB sells.

It is funny that here in the border TB has a lot of business when the town is full of authentic mexican cousine, not to mention a few mexican buffets.

Now that you mention it I still buy tacos at the cart stand outside the soccer stadium across the border. The Indios the Juarez soccer team.

Have an order of 6 tacos with a soda and lots of serrano peppers for less than $2.00. mmmm

Or maybe a Mexican style burger for $1.00. A plain burger (no lettuce nor tomato) with mayo, avocado, ham, and a frankfurter.

datachicane
09-05-08, 05:28 PM
When you can't see anything after the first bite, you've gone too far.

I fixed it for you.
:D

oddlycalm
09-05-08, 06:37 PM
There was the unfortunate incident with....
Now there are six words that spell trouble anytime they appear together in the same sentence....:rofl:

Not sure if sugar water works at both ends of the system, but it's the only effective fix I know for capsaicin OD.

oc

cameraman
09-05-08, 06:55 PM
Whatever you do don't use ethanol to try to cool things. Capsaicin is insoluble in water but highly soluble in ethanol. If you drink anything high in etOH it will dissolve the capsaicin and very efficiently spread it to all the nerve endings in your mouth:eek:

Casein is effective at separating the capsaicin from your neurons. Milk is far and away the best cure for the burn.

Ankf00
09-05-08, 07:37 PM
I'm a fan of the milk as well.

dando
09-05-08, 08:09 PM
Now there are six words that spell trouble anytime they appear together in the same sentence....:rofl:

And then there was the unfortunate incident when the brother of a friend of mine didn't wash his hands before going to the bathroom after consuming Blazing wings @ BWs... :eek: :rofl:

-Kevin

pchall
09-05-08, 08:13 PM

Taco Hell is about on the same level as White Castle... somewhere you take a drunk you don't particularly like to eat before leaving him to die on the side of the road in front of his apartment.

Gnam
09-05-08, 08:20 PM
Casein is effective at separating the capsaicin from your neurons. Milk is far and away the best cure for the burn.
So that's why cows are sacred in India. Got Milk? :p

dando
09-05-08, 08:24 PM
Taco Hell is about on the same level as White Castle... somewhere you take a drunk you don't particularly like to eat before leaving him to die on the side of the road in front of his apartment.

:saywhat:

Sorry, but Whitey C's == tasty goodness

Taco Hell is desperation food if no other choice is available. :yuck:

-Kevin

pchall
09-05-08, 08:40 PM

Not sure if sugar water works at both ends of the system, but it's the only effective fix I know for capsaicin OD.

oc

A Mexican friend of mine once suggested that I carry packets of raw cane sugar in my pocket just in case I made a mistake in ordering...

Methanolandbrats
09-05-08, 10:20 PM
A Mexican friend of mine once suggested that I carry packets of raw cane sugar in my pocket just in case I made a mistake in ordering...
Do you gargle battery acid for fun? ;)

oddlycalm
09-06-08, 01:14 AM
No doubt, but you gots to order the milk first. At most places you have sugar and water on the table. When you need a fire extinguished RIGHT THE %*$& NOW :eek: you gots to work with the tools at hand...:D

You start ordering milk frantically while gasping and turning beet red in a fiery food joint and you're likely to get more laughs than milk. :laugh:

ob

Michaelhatesfans
09-06-08, 01:43 AM
You start ordering milk frantically while gasping and turning beet red in a fiery food joint and you're likely to get more laughs than milk. :laugh:

That's why I'm partial to Thai - you've got the coconut milk right in the meal waiting for you.:cool:

cameraman
09-06-08, 07:15 AM
Except there is no casein is coconut milk so it is nowhere near as effective as cow's milk. Or goat if you as so inclined.

datachicane
09-06-08, 02:43 PM
And then there was the unfortunate incident when the brother of a friend of mine didn't wash his hands before going to the bathroom after consuming Blazing wings @ BWs... :eek: :rofl:

-Kevin

Rookie.
Best to be self-guided, lest an inadequate scrub torch your yarbles.

Milk helps, but kind of wrecks the burn, leaving you with a mouthful of nasty. I'd use it only if I was fearing imminent death.
Lime helps some with the pain and doesn't fight the pepper, and horchata is good, too (probably the sugar water).

oddlycalm
09-06-08, 04:23 PM
There was the unfortunate cross-pollination incident where our neighbors grew mild Hungarian Wax chiles (those long pale yellow outfits) in their garden but unwittingly placed a pot with a little ornamental piquin plant on the patio next to the garden. The bees must have loved both equally because when my neighbor proudly bit into his first ripe Hungarian everyone in the neighborhood heard the resulting panic and came out to see what was going on...:laugh:

He discovered that water from the garden hose did nothing but spread the capsaicin oil to a considerably larger area. :D

BTW, that little NuMex piquin turned out to be a real dandy with tiny purple, yellow and orange pods all over it. :thumbup:

oc

Stu
09-06-08, 05:36 PM
on an audio/video forum, someone posted that Volcano Taco was what he called his girlfriend 5 days a month. :saywhat:

Methanolandbrats
09-06-08, 06:39 PM
I see an agonizing bout with acid reflux is in the cards for some of you. It's only a matter of time. The agony will strike in the middle of the night and mimic a heart attack. The discomfort will even surpass the pain, tremors and cold sweats induced by scorching your starfish the morning after a meal that was too hot. Ask me how I know.............I'm a semi retired hot food eater.

G.
09-07-08, 02:10 PM
This thread is full of win!

:rofl:

racermike
09-08-08, 08:49 PM
F Taco Bell

The McRib is back !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

dando
09-08-08, 08:56 PM

CHOMP! :D

I had the McRib back college daze. It's actually not a bad sammich. :)

-Kevin

Badger
09-08-08, 09:12 PM
How's the heat rating of the new Taco compared to some of the hotter Buffalo Wild Wings sauces.

I normally get the Hot which I think they rank 3rd hottest. I ate a dozen boneless with the 2nd hottest sauce (blazin or wild, can't remember) and I couldn't drink enough ice water. I think you get a shirt with a dozen wings eaten with the hottest sauce.

dando
09-08-08, 09:38 PM
How's the heat rating of the new Taco compared to some of the hotter Buffalo Wild Wings sauces.

I normally get the Hot which I think they rank 3rd hottest. I ate a dozen boneless with the 2nd hottest sauce (blazin or wild, can't remember) and I couldn't drink enough ice water. I think you get a shirt with a dozen wings eaten with the hottest sauce.

Around here it's eat 6 Blazin' (hottest) wings and they time it. Blazin' is hotest, Wild is 2nd hotest, and Hot is 3rd.

I'm not familiar with the Stuville scale :gomer: but my guess is that the Volcano would be in b/w medium and hot since the vast majority of peeps can't do anything around hot. :saywhat:

-Kevin

chop456
09-09-08, 02:10 AM

I had one today. :D

I usually get 12 wings at BW3 - 4 of them Blazin'. Normally at least one of them goes home with me. :cry:

Stu
09-09-08, 06:29 AM
Around here it's eat 6 Blazin' (hottest) wings and they time it. Blazin' is hotest, Wild is 2nd hotest, and Hot is 3rd.

I'm not familiar with the Stuville scale :gomer: but my guess is that the Volcano would be in b/w medium and hot since the vast majority of peeps can't do anything around hot. :saywhat:

-Kevin

maybe barely medium, far from hot.

Ankf00
09-09-08, 11:25 AM
I still remember G.'s story w/ the chili & dried chile powder :laugh:

KLang
09-09-08, 11:39 AM

Chipolte. :D

G.
09-09-08, 11:54 AM
Haters.

:D

TrueBrit
09-09-08, 01:16 PM
your knowledge of fast food offerings and taste in wimmins makes me glad I'm not you

:gomer:

Amen to that....:saywhat:

Stu
09-09-08, 03:29 PM
Amen to that....:saywhat:

5 days and thats the best response you could come up with?

oddlycalm
09-09-08, 08:51 PM
Yup, a true classic. :thumbup: Everything posted here aside, you reduce down a pot of with a full load of chipotle all afternoon and it's gonna have some kick.

oc

G.
09-09-08, 10:02 PM
I still remember G.'s story w/ the chili & dried chile powder :laugh:I'll follow the "drunken gin post experience" and the "pants-less plumbing debacle" and embrace the embarrassment.

not as funny as I imagined it, but here it is. (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=84750&postcount=29)

dando
09-09-08, 10:36 PM
I'll follow the "drunken gin post experience" and the "pants-less plumbing debacle" and embrace the embarrassment.

not as funny as I imagined it, but here it is. (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=84750&postcount=29)

Classic!

G, always weep in mind that dried == 10x fresh seasoning. :)

-Kevin

oddlycalm
09-10-08, 10:03 PM
It's your comments that make it a classic G., not the heat in the pot. :thumbup: After this thread you now know just how lucky you are to have escaped without torching your yarbles or singing your starfish...:laugh:

oc

Ankf00
09-11-08, 12:54 AM
I'll follow the "drunken gin post experience" and the "pants-less plumbing debacle" and embrace the embarrassment.

trust me, it's every bit as funny :D

WickerBill
09-20-08, 07:57 PM
OK, just saw this on The Onion and it reminded me of several of you :)

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/area_man_committed_to_being

EDwardo
09-20-08, 09:56 PM
So, I googled "taco bell sarah palin" and found this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080904112428AAqIBxr

Since the original question had been removed, I tried the cached version and found this.
http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:piJowItx0p8J:answers.yahoo.com/question/index%3Fqid%3D20080904112428AAqIBxr+taco+bell+sara h+palin&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a

"Sarah Palin said that I can no longer eat at Taco Bell because it increases global warming. What should I do?"

As for Taco Bell.......

I would rather eat a dollar bill than what I could buy with it at a Taco Bell. And I'm an expert on Mexican food because a few years ago I could see a big neon Taco Bell sign from the back porch of my apartment I lived in at the time.

:)

devilmaster
09-21-08, 01:06 AM
OK, just saw this on The Onion and it reminded me of several of you :)

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/area_man_committed_to_being

10000 scoville? meh. i want something hotter. :)

Stu
09-22-08, 09:32 AM
So, I googled "taco bell sarah palin" and found this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080904112428AAqIBxr

Since the original question had been removed, I tried the cached version and found this.
http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:piJowItx0p8J:answers.yahoo.com/question/index%3Fqid%3D20080904112428AAqIBxr+taco+bell+sara h+palin&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a

"Sarah Palin said that I can no longer eat at Taco Bell because it increases global warming. What should I do?"

As for Taco Bell.......

I would rather eat a dollar bill than what I could buy with it at a Taco Bell. And I'm an expert on Mexican food because a few years ago I could see a big neon Taco Bell sign from the back porch of my apartment I lived in at the time.

:)

why would you google "taco bell sarah palin" ???

ChampcarShark
09-22-08, 01:06 PM
I stopped by TB last night, it was late and I was hungry, so in the name of science I ordered a Big Box combo, because it includes a volcano taco along with other stuff and a nice order of Cinnamon Twisters.

Item number one. I went straight to the volcano taco since it created such a stir in this place. The gooey sauce was a bit tasteless, the red shell unappetizing. But I was hungry so I added three packages of fire sauce to get some flavor out of it. Now finnaly I tasted some heat into the taco.

Item Number two. Burrito Supreme. Being mexican beans is a part of my daily diet. The meat had some flavor but was cold due to the lettuce and tomatoes. Not to bad after all. Again it took 2 packages of fire sauce for added flavor.

Item number three. CrunchWrap supreme. Same as the burrito, only follded instead of rolled. Man those guys at TB have imagination. Two packages of fire sauce.

Item number four. Cinnamon Twists. Sweet and crunchy. Good.

Item number five. A large drink. A mix between lemonade and Sierra mist. For some reason the Sierra Mist did not taste like lemo, so adding a little lemonade does the trick.

Conclusion: With the exemption of the Cinnamon Twists, the box the meal came on was better tasting than the food. It took only one package of fire sauce to bring the flavor.

Methanolandbrats
09-22-08, 02:01 PM
why would you google "taco bell sarah palin" ??? I know why you would :D

Stu
09-22-08, 03:00 PM
I know why you would :D

i dont follow, why?

extramundane
09-29-08, 11:19 AM

Maybe this (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1063598/Aspiring-chef-dies-hours-making-ultra-hot-sauce-chilli-eating-contest.html?ITO=1490)?

dando
09-29-08, 04:27 PM

Jeebus. 10K? What's the point? :saywhat: :gomer:

-Kevin

devilmaster
09-29-08, 04:40 PM
Jeebus. 10K? What's the point? :saywhat: :gomer:

-Kevin

exactly. 10K - lower than tobasco, a little higher than jalapenos. pffft.

Maybe this (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1063598/Aspiring-chef-dies-hours-making-ultra-hot-sauce-chilli-eating-contest.html?ITO=1490)?

Now we're talkin. Hoshizaki ;) can have all the hotdogs he wants. Its only a true competition if every dog has this hot sauce on it. :rofl:

Sean Malone
09-29-08, 04:43 PM
Now we're talkin. Hoshizaki ;) can have all the hotdogs he wants. Its only a true competition if every dog has this hot sauce on it. :rofl:

And only a true champion dies. :)

Methanolandbrats
09-29-08, 04:48 PM
And only a true champion dies. :) His obit says he was a good cook :rofl:

oddlycalm
09-29-08, 04:53 PM

That seems to be an allergic reaction rather than a reaction to the heat. No doubt that breeding a hybridizing chilies to achieve more heat also puts people in uncharted water for allergic reactions.

oc

Indy
09-29-08, 11:59 PM
You guys ever ate anything this hot?

ZJLicw66aWo