PDA

View Full Version : RM gives Pressdog a shoutout

G.
09-04-08, 01:24 PM
this is pretty cool (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/miller-block-party/)

Last Sunday’s “Block Party” (I stole that from Press Dog, aka Bill Zahren) at Detroit elicited as many screams of outrage as it did cheers of joy when IRL race director Brian Barnhart took the lead (and probably the win) away from Helio Castroneves for his door slam on Justin Wilson.

Cue the circus music, cuz pressdog has Blown Up, Sir!

Gnam
09-04-08, 03:11 PM
pressdog is the bestest ever. I'm convinced the best way to watch an IRL race is to skip it, and read pressdog's summary days or even weeks later. :thumbup:

ChampcarShark
09-04-08, 03:36 PM
Pressdog.

Actually more exciting than the actual race.

cameraman
09-04-08, 03:39 PM
The man allows me to keep up with what is happening without having to watch that ****. He is an angel of mercy he is.

gerhard911
09-04-08, 04:19 PM
Wow, I did not know that Barnyard Brian used to work for the Pimp. Anybody know in what capacity ?

emjaya
09-04-08, 04:58 PM
“If somebody blocked you, you either hit ’em in the ass or got out of your car and beat their ass,” said A.J. Foyt. “Mario chopped me once at Phoenix so I ran over him and took us both out – but he never chopped me again.

“But we didn’t even have any mirrors when I started in roadsters
and blocking really started with those big rear-view mirrors. And all those road racers in CART.”

I knew it, it's all CART's fault. :gomer:

extramundane
09-04-08, 07:01 PM
I knew it, it's all CART's fault. :gomer:

^^^ Good thing he's got a long record hiring nothing but 'merkun oval talent.

oddlycalm
09-04-08, 07:52 PM
pressdog is the bestest ever. I'm convinced the best way to watch an IRL race is to skip it, and read pressdog's summary days or even weeks later. :thumbup:
Yep, entertainment and wit as opposed to aggravation and cluelessness. :thumbup:

oc

TravelGal
09-05-08, 01:33 AM
YAY pdog. He must be heavy into the sauce about now. :thumbup:

Don Quixote
09-05-08, 09:01 AM
Pressdog is the Howard Cosell of our times.

pchall
09-05-08, 12:02 PM
Pressdog is the Howard Cosell of our times.

All Coward Nosell had was a big ego, an even larger vocabulary, and a jones for Cassius Clay. All he ever accomplished as a sports talking head was to make The Booth a bigger show than The Game on MNF and keep an intentionally brutal sport on the airwaves a couple of decades longer than it should have been.

Wally
09-05-08, 12:19 PM
and more than 20 mechanics have left NHL since January because of the insane hours and workload.

Thats not the reason that I have heard.....:tony:

Don Quixote
09-05-08, 12:23 PM
All Coward Nosell had was a big ego, an even larger vocabulary, and a jones for Cassius Clay. All he ever accomplished as a sports talking head was to make The Booth a bigger show than The Game on MNF and keep an intentionally brutal sport on the airwaves a couple of decades longer than it should have been. But you have to admit, the entertainment in the booth was great when Dandy Don was drunk he started getting into it with Howard.

grungex
09-05-08, 02:58 PM
Thats not the reason that I have heard.....:tony:

Do tell...

pchall
09-05-08, 04:00 PM
But you have to admit, the entertainment in the booth was great when Dandy Don was drunk he started getting into it with Howard.

Cosell was often drunk in the booth as well. In one instance he went off mic because of "vertigo" and Meredith took the broadcast home in the 2nd half alone.

dando
09-05-08, 05:52 PM
Cosell was often drunk in the booth as well. In one instance he went off mic because of "vertigo" and Meredith took the broadcast home in the 2nd half alone.

The TV movie Monday Night Mayhem was an interesting look into the goings on in the booth and behind the scenes of MNF.

-Kevin