PDA

View Full Version : Detroit

cameraman
08-29-08, 07:59 PM
Blargh this track sucks. The Audi's are two seconds off the pole in 8th & 9th. Guy Smith in the Dyson RS Spyder beat both Penske Porsches:D. Yeah right, Sascha Maassen was the problem at Penske:rolleyes:. You have to love the Dyson machine, it frees me up to hate all things Penske

extramundane
08-29-08, 08:04 PM
Blargh this track sucks. The Audi's are two seconds off the pole in 8th & 9th. Guy Smith in the Dyson RS Spyder beat both Penske Porsches:D. Yeah right, Sascha Maassen was the problem at Penske:rolleyes:. You have to love the Dyson machine, it frees me up to hate all things Penske

#4 Vette being outqualified by 3 GT2 cars was kinda weird too. But yeah, of all the tracks to be resurrected... Thanks Roger. :thumdown:

pchall
08-29-08, 08:16 PM
It would be nice to see Dyson stomp Penske on his own little abortion of a track.

I suppose its been changed somewhat since the CART days, but back then it was only a fit track for BDPS, Atlantics, and maybe Lights if you could ignore the inconveniences and lack of amenities. The Champ Cars were just too big and too fast for that place.

extramundane
08-30-08, 08:05 PM
ALMS webmaster dude sez #1 Audi tossed out in post-race tech, Intersport wins P1 from 23rd overall, 20-some laps down. :rofl: :shakehead

:clowncar:

pchall
08-30-08, 08:48 PM
Ouch!!! That's gotta be a kick in the nuts.

1. Montagny/Rossiter Andretti Green Racing Acura ARA-01B 104 laps LMP2 :laugh:
2. Brabham/Sharp Patron Highcroft Racing Acura ARX-01B 104 laps LMP2
3. Capello/Pirro Audi Sport North America Audi R10 TDi 104 laps LMP1
4. de Ferran/Pagenaud de Ferran Motorsports Acura ARX-01B 104 laps LMP2
5. Bernhard/Dumas Penske Racing Porsche RS Spyder 104 laps LMP2
6. Long/Briscoe Penske Racing Porsche RS Spyder 104 laps LMP2
7. Dyson/Smith Dyson Racing Porsche RS Spyder 103 laps LMP2
8. Devlin/Bonilla BK Motorsports Lola B07/46-Mazda 103 laps LMP2

extramundane
08-30-08, 09:28 PM
^^^ Clearly, Maassen was the problem :jerkoff:

cameraman
08-31-08, 02:04 AM
Pretty convenient flat tyre by Briscoe at the end:shakehead

Brilliant:saywhat:
the race-winning Audi R10 TDI of Emanuele Pirro and Marcel Fässler was excluded after it failed to meet the required minimum weight in post-race technical inspection

It ended up being a better race than I had expected but I still think that they need to stick to real race tracks.