PDA

View Full Version : Fire!! Fire!!

Wheel-Nut
08-20-08, 02:51 PM
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-transporter-fire-totals-castroneves-and-briscoes-primary-cars/

Penske transporter burns to the ground.

Methanolandbrats
08-20-08, 02:55 PM
:rofl::thumbup:

Mr. Vengeance
08-20-08, 03:05 PM
Anyone smell brimstone?

dando
08-20-08, 03:15 PM
Karma is a biotch. :laugh:

-Kevin

rabbit
08-20-08, 04:01 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

pchall
08-20-08, 04:03 PM
Did Helio's hot dancing shoes start the fire? :eek:

"It melted the ceiling and we lost both primary cars, all our pit equipment, all the team uniforms, the shock dyno and a lot of gearbox stuff," said Cindric from his office in Mooresville, N.C. "There was also a fab shop and it was gutted.

"My guess is a couple million bucks. It's a disaster."

Cindric said the two truck drivers tried to extinguish the blaze but couldn't so they unhooked the tractor and could only watch the $400,000 Peterbuilt trailer burn.

:laugh:

Methanolandbrats
08-20-08, 04:24 PM
It's a shame they unhooked the tractor :(

doppelganger
08-20-08, 05:16 PM
:laugh:

Maybe we could start a fund drive to help replace the items. ;)

Pennies For Penske!

Or we can just sit back and enjoy the moment.

Lux Interior
08-20-08, 06:17 PM
Poor Roger. Poor poor Roger. They guy just can't catch a break huh? I feel terrible:rofl:

oddlycalm
08-20-08, 06:25 PM
In a perfect world we would have video of this weenie roast so we could all gather and sing Kumbaya..:rofl:

Do I smell a Tonya Harding moment? Ya 'spose the cops are checking Princess Sparklepony's whereabouts? :D

oc

Don Quixote
08-20-08, 06:25 PM
Anyone smell brimstone?
Definitely. :thumbup:

Gnam
08-20-08, 06:27 PM
Probably insured for twice it's value. Still two crapwagons destroyed without injury is a victory in my book. :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
08-20-08, 08:50 PM
In a perfect world we would have video of this weenie roast so we could all gather and sing Kumbaya..:rofl:

Do I smell a Tonya Harding moment? Ya 'spose the cops are checking Princess Sparklepony's whereabouts? :D

oc Ya, pics would be nice. At 2:30 am it must have put off quite a nice glow as it melted. Somebody find out where the carcass is and post pics. :thumbup:

gerhard911
08-20-08, 09:15 PM
The only carcass I want to see pics of is Cappy Liverspots.

Check that, add :tony: to the top of that list.

F-youknowwhoall :yuck:

Gnam
08-20-08, 09:37 PM
Not Penske's trailer, just a visual aid.

Needs more melty goodness.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/508/cbrntruckjt9.gif

rabbit
08-20-08, 11:20 PM
Anyone know how close this was to Radiator Springs?

"Mack? Mack?! MACK!!"

miatanut
08-21-08, 01:09 AM
All the hate for Pimpski just warms my heart!
Probably the only other transporter that could produce such a response would be a Veeshun transporter. :rofl:

Elmo T
08-21-08, 07:52 AM
1. Hate is good - but we all agree that is was good no one was hurt. :saywhat:

2. Semantics, but
"It was about 2:30 in the morning and they had no cell phone coverage but somebody finally saw it burning and eventually the fire department showed up. Obviously, it was too late to help."
really means that someone with working phone service called the fire department, who arrived and extinguished what was left - NOT "eventually the fire department showed up". :rolleyes:

3. Wheel bearing fire --> Fully engulfed? Did they not have fire extinguishers in the cab?

chop456
08-21-08, 07:57 AM
They were special bearings of Penske's own design, constructed entirely of Magnesium.

gerhard911
08-21-08, 08:05 AM
3. Wheel bearing fire --> Fully engulfed? Did they not have fire extinguishers in the cab?

Knowing the Pimp, this was probably a well planned insurance scam :\

stroker
08-21-08, 09:44 AM
They were special bearings of Penske's own design, constructed entirely of Magnesium.

I thought of something along those lines. My guess is that the scheduled maintenance of the transporters just changed...

Napoleon
08-21-08, 11:17 AM

. . . so they could be seen from space when they burned.

NismoZ
08-21-08, 12:49 PM
No intent to burst happy bubbles but I'm certain none of you hope the rumors floating around of Roger battling serious cancer are true?:(

pchall
08-21-08, 01:28 PM
When is SOG going to chime in to lament the possible loss of employment for loyal Penske IRL crewmembers? He was all boohoo when that Grand Sham car and trailer burned... :p

pchall
08-21-08, 01:35 PM
Needs more lousy white cheese, cheap peppers, and third rate beef on that toast ...

Not Penske's trailer, just a visual aid.

Needs more melty goodness.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/508/cbrntruckjt9.gif

rabbit
08-21-08, 01:51 PM
No intent to burst happy bubbles but I'm certain none of you hope the rumors floating around of Roger battling serious cancer are true?:(
:thumdown: How low do you think we are? Is that seriously your opinion of the contributors here? That we would rejoice in something like that? I'm insulted by the insinuation. A burning rig is one thing. A human life is another.

Wheel-Nut
08-21-08, 02:49 PM
I second what rabbit said.

cameraman
08-21-08, 02:57 PM
Third:saywhat:

JoeBob
08-21-08, 03:01 PM
Penske has always made his transporters look "cool" by putting fairings over the wheelwells.

The drivers said that they attempted to extinguish the fire, but when they realized they couldn't, they unhooked and pulled the tractor away.

I bet it would have been easier to fight the fire if not for his cool aerodynamic wheel covers...

dando
08-21-08, 03:02 PM
:irked:

I'm a :tony: hater, but even that has its limits.

But, I do confess to fantasizing about a whirly bird crash every now and then. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

rabbit
08-21-08, 03:09 PM
Penske has always made his transporters look "cool" by putting fairings over the wheelwells.

The drivers said that they attempted to extinguish the fire, but when they realized they couldn't, they unhooked and pulled the tractor away.

I bet it would have been easier to fight the fire if not for his cool aerodynamic wheel covers...
I think they only put those over the wheels at the track. I saw them removing them as they were getting ready to pull out of Mid-Ohio several years back.

Wally
08-21-08, 03:38 PM
Have no idea what Pimpski is runing for haulers now. But back in the day they were chromed and aeroed out and the only team running COE's. Problem is they were gutless wonders with auto trannies. They had to be pulled up the hill at Laguna Seca to make it into the paddock....:gomer:..:laugh:

pchall
08-21-08, 04:01 PM
Solid Pimpske hate here since he sold out his Trans Am program in, what?, about 1970?

What he did to Can Am was even worse.

TKGAngel
08-21-08, 04:08 PM
When is SOG going to chime in to lament the possible loss of employment for loyal Penske IRL crewmembers? He was all boohoo when that Grand Sham car and trailer burned... :p

Speaking of SOG, where has our little ray of sunshine been lately?

Another question, is the best way from NC to Sonoma really through Wyoming?

tllips
08-21-08, 04:22 PM
Another question, is the best way from NC to Sonoma really through Wyoming?

According to Google Maps, it is only 1hr longer to take I-40 to Cali than I-80. That would avoid Wyoming for the Southwest Deserts.

oddlycalm
08-21-08, 08:30 PM
I'd be just fine if they managed to burn up the replacement trailor as well. After all, you don't often find that kind of symmetry in life....

Since you raised this red herring issue, the facts of life are simple and clear for anyone that makes it to RP's age (71); the chances of serious heart disease or cancer are high and they increase every year thereafter. There is nothing to be happy or sad about, it just is. People will either miss him when he's gone or they won't. Until then it's nothing more than morbid speculation.

oc

Stu
08-22-08, 11:37 AM
Speaking of SOG, where has our little ray of sunshine been lately?

He was put on moderation mode because NRC still has a chip on his shoulder. So like Cork, he just decided to stop posting rather than having each post moderated.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?p=235317#post235317

page 2 specifies the reason:
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?p=235446#post235446

pchall
08-22-08, 11:43 AM
Does this mean I can't count on SOG to take a dump on any crapwagon thread I start? :confused:

dando
08-22-08, 11:45 AM
He was put on moderation mode because NRC still has a chip on his shoulder. So like Cork, he just decided to stop posting rather than having each post moderated.

:\

-Kevin

pchall
08-22-08, 11:54 AM
IRL discussion is crap.

There might be some scatology lessons (and internet freedoms) to be learned from that.

Stu
08-22-08, 02:27 PM
IRL discussion is crap.

why do you watch and discuss it then?

Methanolandbrats
08-22-08, 02:40 PM
why do you watch and discuss it then? What is it about Ohio.........they're all alike :D

oddlycalm
08-22-08, 03:02 PM
What is it about Ohio.........they're all alike :D
I dunno about Ohio, but it may be something in the water in Cleveland....

oc

Stu
08-22-08, 03:09 PM
because I asked why he watches something he detests?

Napoleon
08-22-08, 03:11 PM
I dunno about Ohio, but it may be something in the water in Cleveland....

oc

HEY! Watch what you're saying!

Methanolandbrats
08-22-08, 03:24 PM
because I asked why he watches something he detests? ;)

Michaelhatesfans
08-22-08, 03:40 PM

Hey, I remember that one!:laugh:

JT265
08-22-08, 04:14 PM

No doubt the best course of action. If NRC has a chip on his shoulder, good on him, it's his joint, he can do what he wants with it. I share Richard's chip actually. A viable sport, recognized worldwide as a threat to F1 was desecrated by a drug-addled moron, so now we should bend over and swallow the garbage he spews forth? As far as SeanO, he needs to find a forum where he can pimp Grand Sham and autocross to his hearts content.

Easy
08-22-08, 04:55 PM
The irony of that situation is that we are proud that OC is the level headed forum where you can have different ideas.

nrc
08-22-08, 05:46 PM
What is it about Ohio.........they're all alike :D

Actually, not.

cameraman
08-22-08, 05:48 PM
The irony of that situation is that we are proud that OC is the level headed forum where you can have different ideas.

As long as it doesn't devolve into an overt pissing contest.

Don Quixote
08-22-08, 05:59 PM
What is it about Ohio.........they're all alike :D I've always though that the folks from the central part of the state were a higher class of people than from the burning river country up north. :D :p

devilmaster
08-22-08, 06:09 PM
If NRC has a chip on his shoulder, good on him,

Hell, is there anything I can do to keep that chip up on his shoulder? ;)

JT265
08-22-08, 06:12 PM
Hell, is there anything I can do to keep that chip up on his shoulder? ;)

Well, it's a good thing that NRC doesn't know Vic Rauter, or the unhealthy fascination you have with him. :p

:runs:

:rofl:

Stu
08-22-08, 06:28 PM
I've always though that the folks from the central part of the state were a higher class of people than from the burning river country up north. :D :p

http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticon-critic/rude/images/kissass.gif

Stu
08-22-08, 06:33 PM
edited into oblivion.

devilmaster
08-22-08, 06:55 PM
fixed

sheesh.... Poor little seano has been knocked down by the man and all he wants to do is post about racing... :shakehead

WB, NRC and Racegrrl have allowed seano to remain here despite what i recall to be more than a couple warnings.... hell, most other boards woulda banned him years ago (and a few actually might have)

And yet Stu, you're here trying to martyr SeanO because he voluntarily left because Richard moderated him instead of banning him. You said that yourself.

Give me a f**kin break. If you are just pickin a fight to get banned so you can prove some silly point, do us all a favour and voluntarily leave yourself. Its their forum, they run it the way they want.

The simple fact that people like sean haven't been banned here yet proves the opposite of what you're implying. They've been very patient with him. So take your high and mighty indignant attitude and feck off.

devilmaster
08-22-08, 06:56 PM
Well, it's a good thing that NRC doesn't know Vic Rauter, or the unhealthy fascination you have with him. :p

:runs:

:rofl:

Must i remind everyone? :D

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=48695#post48695

even though its only my opinion, this thread has completely devolved from its original topic. Like the trailer on the side of the road, blow this thread up. :/

Stu
08-22-08, 07:10 PM
sheesh.... Poor little seano has been knocked down by the man and all he wants to do is post about racing... :shakehead

WB, NRC and Racegrrl have allowed seano to remain here despite what i recall to be more than a couple warnings.... hell, most other boards woulda banned him years ago (and a few actually might have)

And yet Stu, you're here trying to martyr SeanO because he voluntarily left because Richard moderated him instead of banning him. You said that yourself.

Give me a f**kin break. If you are just pickin a fight to get banned so you can prove some silly point, do us all a favour and voluntarily leave yourself. Its their forum, they run it the way they want.

The simple fact that people like sean haven't been banned here yet proves the opposite of what you're implying. They've been very patient with him. So take your high and mighty indignant attitude and feck off.

I'm not trying to Martyr Sean. I think you are reading way too much into this. Someone asked where he was and I listed why he doesn't post here anymore.

The "fixed" post was a joke. Maybe it was in bad taste or didn't come off as a joke so I'll edit it.

But jeez, a Martyr?

TKGAngel
08-22-08, 07:14 PM
Eek! I didn't mean to cause a ruckus by asking what happened to SOG.

Back to the topic, how many different ways will the fire be brought up during Sunday's race?

JT265
08-22-08, 07:22 PM
Must i remind everyone? :D

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=48695#post48695

even though its only my opinion, this thread has completely devolved from its original topic. Like the trailer on the side of the road, blow this thread up. :/

I may be on the losing (or is that loosing, now that there's only 1 leeeeg standing?) end of this deal, but I gotta admit, that's some funny stuff right there! :thumbup:

nrc
08-22-08, 07:41 PM
The good news is that we have traffic in the open wheel forum. :)

Methanolandbrats
08-22-08, 07:59 PM
Actually, not.
Uh, uh, uh..........sorry..........not you..........you are an exception to the rule...........obviously.........:D

extramundane
08-22-08, 08:00 PM
I just wanted to be a part of...ah, forget it.

Indy
08-22-08, 09:40 PM
Grand Am sucks donkey balls. Maybe it is just me, but I don't think that is open to debate.

oddlycalm
08-23-08, 01:32 AM
Back to the topic, how many different ways will the fire be brought up during Sunday's race?
Now there you go, some real competition. OK, I'm going with 12 mentions. Since I won't be watching I will defer to pressdog to determine the official number of trailer fire mentions.

Good chance the mouse will do a set piece on the Big Blaze but, if they do, the set piece should only count as a single mention. I'm counting on the moron that directs the broadcast to hit the cue button 11 more times on this turkey since 30%-40% of the total laps will likely be run under a full course yellow... :gomer:

oc

dando
08-23-08, 09:42 AM
Eek! I didn't mean to cause a ruckus by asking what happened to SOG.

Every lap that Gaylio leads. You watch and give us a report in it, yo. :gomer:

-Kevin