Audi_A4
08-09-08, 01:04 AM
http://www.marinij.com/ci_8644472

SteveH
08-09-08, 02:01 AM
I hope the IRL follows his advice. ;) :laugh:

Elmo T
08-09-08, 06:46 AM
Smith also suggested putting white-wall tires on the cars to give them a little more "sex appeal."

I knew open wheel racing was missing something, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Sean Malone
08-09-08, 07:35 AM
Now I'm 100% positive that Zietgiest -The Movie is correct.:gomer:

pchall
08-09-08, 07:49 AM
Sounds like Bruton is retreading Humpy Wheeler's ideas for fixing openwheel racing after the tire and debris went into the stands at Charlotte in 1999.

Anybody here remember Wheeler's idea for a semi-monocoque "GTP" spec chassis with NASCAR engines and controlled bodywork and aero after IMSA figured out it was too expensive to have Jags and Porsches trading paint on the bankings there?

extramundane
08-09-08, 09:29 AM
Calibration point:

Bruton Smith hailed Infineon as "the finest road course there is."

In the SMI Portfolio, perhaps.

:gomer:

Don Quixote
08-09-08, 09:42 AM

Either that, or its the only one he has ever seen. :laugh:

EVL29
08-09-08, 02:51 PM
Calibration point:

it isn't even the greatest road course in Central California.

Accipiter
08-09-08, 07:22 PM
Sounds like Bruton is retreading Humpy Wheeler's ideas for fixing openwheel racing after the tire and debris went into the stands at Charlotte in 1999.

Anybody here remember Wheeler's idea for a semi-monocoque "GTP" spec chassis with NASCAR engines and controlled bodywork and aero after IMSA figured out it was too expensive to have Jags and Porsches trading paint on the bankings there?

I'm pretty sure that was Bruton's idea. He even had hideous looking mock-up drawings done of Indycars with fenders.