PDA

View Full Version : Disney/ABC/ESPN buying Speed Channel?

Elmo T
08-08-08, 03:07 PM
So says a gentleman I spoke to today. I am only helping to spread rumor and innuendo. Only thing I see remotely close is that ESPN bought F1-Live et al.

Methanolandbrats
08-08-08, 03:12 PM
So says a gentleman I spoke to today. I am only helping to spread rumor and innuendo. Only think I see remotely close is that ESPN bought F1-Live et al.
Can't get any worse than it is now, maybe it will help.

Gnam
08-08-08, 03:14 PM
If they try to replace Speed's F1 crew with ESPN's IRL crew...

...I'll I'll set the building on fire. :mad:

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3695/milton1mx9.jpg

STD
08-08-08, 03:22 PM
NASCAR Poker, oh boy. :laugh:

cameraman
08-08-08, 03:25 PM
It would be a disaster if ESPN got a hold of the F1 broadcasts and inflicted Scooty Goodyear on us along with so many screen crawlers that we won't be able to see the damn cars.:flame:

Methanolandbrats
08-08-08, 03:44 PM
It would be a disaster if ESPN got a hold of the F1 broadcasts and inflicted Scooty Goodyear on us along with so many screen crawlers that we won't be able to see the damn cars.:flame: Good point, you're right, they'll **** it up more.

Insomniac
08-08-08, 03:47 PM
I wonder why FOX would be dumping it?

Ankf00
08-08-08, 03:51 PM
Only thing I see remotely close is that ESPN bought F1-Live et al.

:mad:

Elmo T
08-08-08, 03:55 PM
I make no claims to the veracity of the dude's statements. FWIW, he is a big F1 fan, travels to races, has paddock/garage access or whatever they call it.

cameraman
08-08-08, 04:02 PM
:mad:

My bull **** meter is pegged.

The acquisition will not affect the identity of the sites you are fond of: Racing-Live.com, F1-Live.com, Rally-Live.com, Moto-Live.com, Raid-Live.com... but they will all be enriched by an optimisation of editorial means, new technical support, a new organization, and for you – our readers – an expanded news content.

For each one of us, passionate motorsport fans that we are, RACING-LIVE.COM ands its principal websites, including F1-Live.com, are a phenomenon... even cult sites. Their existence is born of passion, their long-standing presence is due to your loyalty and confidence towards those working in new forms of media.

Today ESPN will propel the RACING-LIVE.COM universe towards the summit, but rest assured that the websites will remain as always: developed and renewed for you, the motorsports FANS, along with our present staff in its entirety. Yes, I will once again be aboard for a new adventure...

I'm sorry but this can't be a good thing.:irked:

JohnHKart
08-08-08, 06:20 PM
It would be a disaster if ESPN got a hold of the F1 broadcasts and inflicted Scooty Goodyear on us along with so many screen crawlers that we won't be able to see the damn cars.:flame:

Yeah...ya gotta love ESPN's now disastrous cup qualifiying shows...which block out what we want to see...the damn cars on the race track. I was sure they'd change it for this season but no dice. Never used to be this awful.

John

WickerBill
08-08-08, 08:31 PM
FWIW, ESPN only marginally screwed up Soccernet when they bought them out a few years back. Most of it has remained very Euro-centric, with the same reporters who actually attend matches, etc. The graphics on the site got the ESPN treatment, and the ads went up a lot, but the content didn't suffer too much.

Methanolandbrats
08-08-08, 08:52 PM
Maybe since ABC is not married to Cab Racing, there is a better chance of diversity if they buy it...........have real racing on, WRC, Touring Cars, etc...

cameraman
08-08-08, 10:49 PM
Maybe since ABC is not married to Cab Racing, there is a better chance of diversity if they buy it...........have real racing on, WRC, Touring Cars, etc...

We can always dream...

stroker
08-08-08, 11:25 PM
Disney must die.