Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Ankf00
08-05-08, 11:58 AM
24 + 20:58:05 till kickoff

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/24.jpg

'Bama running away with the offseason prize

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3292/2714292524_753a44eb6a.jpg

and *surprise* Bush took money at USC!

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=ArWTIg75g4uiYZ6AcjNpSAY5nYcB?slug=ys-bush060508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

SAN DIEGO – An attorney for Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush filed a motion this week acknowledging that the running back’s family reached a financial settlement with a financier of a would-be marketing agency that attempted to recruit Bush while he was at the University of Southern California.

The settlement with Michael Michaels of now defunct New Era Sports & Entertainment, first reported by Yahoo! Sports in April 2007, was for $300,000.

The motion to settle the case through arbitration was revealed Thursday during what was scheduled to be a deposition of New Era partner Lloyd Lake. Lake has filed a civil lawsuit against Bush and his family seeking $300,000 for cash and gifts Lake said he provided while Bush played for the Trojans.

Proceedings halted less than 10 minutes after Lake’s deposition was to begin. Bush’s attorney David Cornwell said the motion was to compel Lake to adhere to the terms of the settlement reached between Michaels and Bush’s parents – LaMar and Denise Griffin.

An irritated Superior Court Judge Joan M. Lewis admonished both sides, but ultimately agreed to postpone all depositions in the case and schedule a hearing for Aug. 1 to discuss the motion.

Cornwell said the settlement with Michaels included Bush as an “intended beneficiary” of Michaels, releasing the family of any liabilities. A copy of the settlement filed with the court was heavily edited, removing almost all detail of the transaction.

“They’re conceding that they received this money,” Lake’s attorney Brian Watkins said. “But now their argument is that: ‘We got this money, but we paid it back already. We paid it to Michaels and that satisfied Lloyd’s debts.”

Lake was more succinct.

“The key thing is (they said) they never took money before,” Lake said. “Now, they’re saying they did.”

ruh roh :eek:

Don Quixote
08-05-08, 12:40 PM
I am shocked, shocked I tell you.

As for the Fulmer cup, I call BS for Penn State. How can they have only 14 points after 46 some odd arrests. Also, look for the maize and blue to break into the top 5 shortly, I know Richy can do it once he gets his own kids in there. :gomer:

Ankf00
08-06-08, 05:32 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3117/2738730737_60396b71ab.jpg

dando
08-06-08, 09:35 PM
Is this the official college foosball thread? If so, let's get it on bitches!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2008/scouting/index.html?bcnn=yes

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings?pollId=2

For all of the kvetching about the Big 10+1, amazingly we have 5 friggin' teams ranked. Amazing. Rank or ranked...TBD.

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
08-06-08, 10:03 PM
Is this the official college foosball thread? If so, let's get it on bitches!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2008/scouting/index.html?bcnn=yes

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings?pollId=2

For all of the kvetching about the Big 10+1, amazingly we have 5 friggin' teams ranked. Amazing. Rank or ranked...TBD.

-Kevin
**** Penn State, they don't count

dando
08-06-08, 10:25 PM
**** Penn State, they don't count

Dems +1. ;) Question is what's the o/u on how many pants Joe Pa soils this season? :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-09-08, 07:22 AM
watching 9/10/05 right now, not even HD and it feels epic...

I still owe you a game weekend, fool...

nrc
08-09-08, 02:16 PM
Feeling nostalgic for meaningful games in September? :)

Ankf00
08-09-08, 02:49 PM
Feeling nostalgic for meaningful games in September? :)

Ankf00
08-14-08, 05:55 PM
http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20080814/94527.jpg

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20080814/94527.jpg

As much as 25% of the team has been affected by the apparent run of tinea cruris, kicker David Buehler estimated. The condition seems to have spread by way of new compression shorts, or tights, worn under their football pants.
Tailback Joe McKnight and receiver Travon Patterson were sufficiently afflicted to spend Wednesday's practice on the sideline.

"It burns," Patterson said.

sharing tights? :rofl: greatest ball scratchers of all-time!

jcollins28
08-14-08, 07:01 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/media/2008/07/rey-maualuga-new-look-1-180.jpg

Yeah the trOJans are ball scratchers.....

IlliniRacer
08-15-08, 09:49 AM
http://www.stlsports.org/archrivalry/images/2008/AR08WebHeader2.jpg

Tigers are gonna get "Juiced"

dando
08-15-08, 11:25 AM
http://www.stlsports.org/archrivalry/images/2008/AR08WebHeader2.jpg

Tigers are gonna get "Juiced"

Good luck with that shizzle. IMO, it'll be the other way around. Illini == overrated. :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-19-08, 12:10 PM

dando
08-19-08, 12:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

1. Georgia (22) 0-0 1,528
2. Ohio State (21) 0-0 1,506
3. USC (12) 0-0 1,490

Some sanity in the AP poll. UM not ranked. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
08-26-08, 01:41 PM

In other news, TWC and BTN agreed to terms. F Jim Delaney. :flame:

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-26-08, 01:57 PM
I just now realized I won't be catching the first 2 games :\, week 1 == on PPV + i'm in joizy for nephew's 1st bday at SiL's behest so no sneaking off to NYC alumni watch party, week 2 float trip in the mountains.

OMGWTFBBQ!!!

dando
08-26-08, 02:07 PM
I just now realized I won't be catching the first 2 games :\, week 1 == on PPV + i'm in joizy for nephew's 1st bday at SiL's behest so no sneaking off to NYC alumni watch party, week 2 float trip in the mountains.

OMGWTFBBQ!!!

Dude, we're driving to Hilton Head this weekend (can you say 2500 miles driven in a month...with three chicks in the truck? :eek:), which means I'm gonna miss that epic showdown with Youngstown State. :( Fear the Penguin, yo! :gomer:

-Kevin

extramundane
08-26-08, 03:05 PM
Dude, we're driving to Hilton Head this weekend (can you say 2500 miles driven in a month...with three chicks in the truck? :eek:),

OT, but...

Dear God, man. My Sister-in-law regularly drives her 5 (five) childrens from Cornpone, Indyanner to Kiawah, SC then to Holden Beach, NC. There's a reason (well, 6 reasons, actually) my brother doesn't go on those trips.

Funny how "work" always seems to get in the way at the last minute for him, iffin' you catch my drift. :D

dando
08-28-08, 11:33 AM

Beerday two days early. :thumbup:

Let's see....NC State vs. Ol' Football Coach, Left Coast OSU vs. Stanford, Wake Forest vs. Baylor. :saywhat: Mebbe I'll watch the Bungles last pre-season game tonight. :\

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-28-08, 01:19 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@#!$%#$&#$&$!%!$!#

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!@#%(**(&#$^^$!#%!$#%@$^&!@#%!@%*@@&!$#@$%*^&@$%^%^&!$#!@$#$%@#%!$#%!$#%!#$%!#$%!#!$#%@$^&!@#%!@%*@@&!$#@$%*^&@$%^%^&!$#!@$#$%@#%!$#%!$#%!#$%!#$%!#!$#%@$^&!@#%!@%*@@&!$#@$%*^&@$%^%^&!$#!@$#$%@#%!$#%!$#%!#$%!#$%!#!$#%@$^&!@#%!@%*@@&!$#@$%*^&@$%^%^&!$#!@$#$%@#%!$#%!$#%!#$%!#$%!#!$#%@$^&!@#%!@%*@@&!$#@$%*^&@$%^%^&!$#!@$#$%@#%!$#%!$#%!#$%!#$%!#!$#%@$^&!@#%!@%*@@&!$#@$%*^&@$%^%^&!$#!@$#$%@#%!$#%!$#%!#$%!#$%!#!$#%@$^&!@#%!@%*@@&!$#@$%*^&@$%^%^&!$#!@$#$%@#%!$#%!$#%!#$%!#$%!#!$#%@$^&!@#%!@%*@@&!$#@$%*^&@$%^%^&!$#!@$#$%@#%!$#%!$#%!#$%!#$%!#

OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!!

http://www.faithmouse.com/oolong_pancake_bunny.jpg

Gnam
08-28-08, 03:41 PM
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2640/95569fw4.jpg

Don Quixote
08-28-08, 10:33 PM
What about that "crowd" at Stanford tonight? I'm guessing 35-40% capacity at their brand new stadium, for a conference game no less. Too many deep thoughts going on in Palo Alto these days. Reminds me of an IRL race at Phoenix. :thumdown::shakehead

dando
08-29-08, 12:48 AM
What about that "crowd" at Stanford tonight? I'm guessing 35-40% capacity at their brand new stadium, for a conference game no less. Too many deep thoughts going on in Palo Alto these days. Reminds me of an IRL race at Phoenix. :thumdown::shakehead

Harbaugh Madness hasn't brung the faithful? :gomer:

-Kevin

Gnam
08-29-08, 01:01 PM
Guess the Fightin' Harbaughs Money Back Guarantee isn't packing 'em in.
Have they tried red hats? :laugh:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/25/SP8N12D7JN.DTL

edit: The best part is they built the new stadium with half as many seats as the old one to increase demand by reducing supply...whoops!

Insomniac
08-29-08, 01:33 PM
For the 3rd or 4th year in a row, the Altitude Sports Network out of Denver has the WVU opener. I have no idea why they like WVU so much (they seem to show WVU football and basketball games), but it's great for me. :D

dando
08-29-08, 10:14 PM
For the 3rd or 4th year in a row, the Altitude Sports Network out of Denver has the WVU opener. I have no idea why they like WVU so much (they seem to show WVU football and basketball games), but it's great for me. :D

They must own the hillbilly demo. Is their theme dueling banjos? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Insomniac
08-29-08, 11:50 PM
They must own the hillbilly demo. Is their theme dueling banjos? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

I seriously have no idea. That network shows the Avalanche, Nuggets and Rapids. They show Big East football and basketball at times, but obviously there are no Big East teams west of Louisville. And when they do show them, it's often WVU. I looked into the owner and he's not an alum. :confused:

dando
08-30-08, 10:32 PM
Good luck with that shizzle. IMO, it'll be the other way around. Illini == overrated. :p

-Kevin

I just thought this should be repeated. :gomer: :saywhat: Big 10 == ACC foosball suckage. :irked:

EDIT: Not as bad as I suspected, but still stinky poo giving up 52 to Mizzou. :eek:

-Kevin

jcollins28
08-30-08, 11:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Some sanity in the AP poll. UM not ranked. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Yeah but U$C is over ranked just like they are every year.

dando
08-31-08, 09:35 AM
Yeah but U$C is over ranked just like they are every year.

We'll see. Hard to tell anything from week one games and U$C doesn't play until The OSU visits in two weeks. Vols vs. Gay Blue Bruins tomorrow night. :thumbup: What's the line from Slick Rick? :gomer:

-Kevin

jcollins28
08-31-08, 12:51 PM
We'll see. Hard to tell anything from week one games and U$C doesn't play until The OSU visits in two weeks. Vols vs. Gay Blue Bruins tomorrow night. :thumbup: What's the line from Slick Rick? :gomer:

-Kevin

UCLA is in for a rough year. For one they can not keep these kids off the trainers table. Good recruiting class though and at least we finally have a good coaching staff.

dando
09-02-08, 10:10 AM
UCLA is in for a rough year. For one they can not keep these kids off the trainers table. Good recruiting class though and at least we finally have a good coaching staff.

UCLA > Dayglo Orange

Go figger. Ugly frickin' game. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
09-02-08, 10:28 AM
UCLA > Dayglo Orange

Go figger. Ugly frickin' game. :saywhat:

-KevinUgly, but very entertaining. Props to the UCLA qb who did not get down and had a great second half after throwing to the wrong guys four times in the first half. UCLA was physically overmatched on both sides of the ball, but hung in there. Ricky boy done good. Now if he can just keep his nose clean. Tenn outcoached by pretty boy Rick cannot sit well in the deep south. :laugh:

dando
09-02-08, 02:56 PM
Ugly, but very entertaining. Props to the UCLA qb who did not get down and had a great second half after throwing to the wrong guys four times in the first half. UCLA was physically overmatched on both sides of the ball, but hung in there. Ricky boy done good. Now if he can just keep his nose clean. Tenn outcoached by pretty boy Rick cannot sit well in the deep south. :laugh:

Indeed it was. Anytime I can watch Fat Phil take one in the ass is a good thing. :thumbup: :)

So how'd you like that OSU broadcast on the worthless BTN Sat? Could any broadcast possibly be worse than that tripe? I think they actually made IRL broadcasts look good. :saywhat: It started with the color guy mentioning how beautiful the Old and Scrungy looked from the rear of the pressbox and went downhill from there. :shakehead

-Kevin

Insomniac
09-02-08, 03:13 PM
USC #1 in both polls.

dando
09-02-08, 03:19 PM
USC #1 in both polls.

It's gonna be fun beating #1. ;) I have a hard time telling whether SC is that good or if UVA (and the ACC in general) is that bad. Christ, Clemson got its ass handed to them by 'bama and VA Tech lost to East Carolina @ home. The Big East and ACC are clearly the weakest conferences this season.

-Kevin

Insomniac
09-02-08, 03:26 PM
It's gonna be fun beating #1. ;) I have a hard time telling whether SC is that good or if UVA (and the ACC in general) is that bad. Christ, Clemson got its ass handed to them by 'bama and VA Tech lost to East Carolina @ home. The Big East and ACC are clearly the weakest conferences this season.

-Kevin

We're insulted at being lumped with the ACC.

--The Big East

dando
09-02-08, 03:36 PM

--The Big East

Well, then tell that to Pitt, the Scarlet Letters and Louisville. ;) :p

-Kevin

Insomniac
09-02-08, 04:21 PM
Well, then tell that to Pitt, the Scarlet Letters and Louisville. ;) :p

-Kevin

You can't take any team coached by Dave Wannstedt seriously.

dando
09-02-08, 04:22 PM
You can't take any team coached by Dave Wandstadt seriously.

There was a lot of pre-season love for Pitt this season. :laugh: :saywhat: :confused:

-Kevin

cameraman
09-02-08, 04:53 PM
You folks' brains would just melt if you lived in Salt Lake with all things BYU and the University of Utah heathens. But the University of Utah has two, count them, TWO games broadcast on VERSUS this year. Air Force & Oregon State. You guys just don't know football unless you are the the Mountain West Conference:rolleyes:

Attending Iowa State University for 5 years cured me of any interest in college football...

Ankf00
09-03-08, 01:06 PM
You folks' brains would just melt if you lived in Salt Lake with all things BYU and the University of Utah heathens. But the University of Utah has two, count them, TWO games broadcast on VERSUS this year. Air Force & Oregon State. You guys just don't know football unless you are the the Mountain West Conference:rolleyes:

that's cuz you gotta get THE MOUNTAIN. the official broadcast network of the MOUNTAIN WEST conference!!

for some reason, this year, i actually have the mountain :saywhat:

might spring for big 10 & fox sports package but will need to hook up an extra tv or few in the living room. I miss my set up in dallas, 110" proj HD w/ 2 PiP on one wall, 2 32" on next wall :D

arky st... :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

Don Quixote
09-03-08, 01:19 PM
You should set up like a sports bar in Denver. 30 tv's set to the Broncos game, and zero to all of the other games being played. "could you turn this one little tv in the corner to the Browns Steelers?" .... "no". :)

dando
09-03-08, 01:56 PM
"could you turn this one little tv in the corner to the Browns Steelers?" .... "no". :)

Well, duh. :p Your next assignment is to ask them to put on a Raiderz game. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-03-08, 02:08 PM
You should set up like a sports bar in Denver. 30 tv's set to the Broncos game, and zero to all of the other games being played. "could you turn this one little tv in the corner to the Browns Steelers?" .... "no". :)

:rofl:

or march madness high ranked UT game and TV switched to KSU or ISU or some goober arse crap

dando
09-06-08, 06:36 PM

--The Big East

Ummmm...... :p

-Kevin

extramundane
09-06-08, 11:20 PM
Bloody ECU. :irked:

cameraman
09-07-08, 01:56 AM
Who the hell is ECU? Really I've never heard of it.

Okay google tells me it is East Carolina University so I'll rephrase...

Who the hell is East Carolina University? Really I've never heard of it.

What did Cape Hatteras secede?

cameraman
09-07-08, 02:01 AM
Whoa, the University of Utah wins another one.

They might actually turn out to be good, go figure.

extramundane
09-07-08, 02:39 PM

Greenville, NC...hour east of Raleigh. They pop up every 10 years or so with a decent team, then fade back into whipping-boy obscurity.

Not quite yet, but another hurricane or two...

dando
09-07-08, 02:49 PM

WVU is asking the same thing.... :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
09-07-08, 02:54 PM
Whoa, the University of Utah wins another one.

They might actually turn out to be good, go figure.

Sorry, dude. Y'all gots to do better than a win over UMsucks and UNLV to be considered 'good'. :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
09-07-08, 05:18 PM
Ummmm...... :p

-Kevin

Needless to say, it has been a VERY bad sports weekend.

But I still say Big East > ACC. Maybe not this season, but for at least 3 seasons the ACC was the first team that should be kicked out of the BCS.

Insomniac
09-07-08, 05:21 PM
WVU is asking the same thing.... :gomer:

-Kevin

I knew who they were. I'm sure WVU did too. They have had the speed/scheme/talent to shut down the spread offense in the past. Clearly WVU didn't spend much time practicing passing when there less than 9 in the box. Also, while they played like crap, the refs sucked. How does a guy fumble when he touches out of bounds while possessing the ball? Even when the ref blows it, how do they not review it?

Ankf00
09-07-08, 06:27 PM

But I still say Big East > ACC. Maybe not this season, but for at least 3 seasons the ACC was the first team that should be kicked out of the BCS.

at the top end they weren't world class but they still had more depth than the big east. WVU's been the only program to bring it consistently at a top 10 level in terms of play and W's. Even when Rutgers had its dream season their proving match was vs. big 12 last place KSU :saywhat: L-ville's been top 20 quality, but beyond that the big east wasn't any better than the ACC

dando
09-07-08, 06:27 PM

Depends on yer perspective, suppose. ;) :p

-Kevin

Insomniac
09-07-08, 08:38 PM
at the top end they weren't world class but they still had more depth than the big east. WVU's been the only program to bring it consistently at a top 10 level in terms of play and W's. Even when Rutgers had its dream season their proving match was vs. big 12 last place KSU :saywhat: L-ville's been top 20 quality, but beyond that the big east wasn't any better than the ACC

They won the Bowl games. Isn't that all that matters? ;)

Insomniac
09-07-08, 08:39 PM
Depends on yer perspective, suppose. ;) :p

-Kevin

I thought the for me part was left unsaid. But hey, I'm not the only one that suffers if the worst is confirmed for the Patriots. The haters are screwed for 12 months. ;)

cameraman
09-08-08, 01:45 AM
Sorry, dude. Y'all gots to do better than a win over UMsucks and UNLV to be considered 'good'. :gomer:

-Kevin

Dude there is only one standard, beat ****ing BYU at the end of the season. Everything else is gravy.

dando
09-08-08, 10:59 AM
Dude there is only one standard, beat ****ing BYU at the end of the season. Everything else is gravy.

Indeed. Same as The Game here. Albeit we've been spoiled winnning 5 of the last 6 following Cooper's 2-10-1 suckage. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
09-08-08, 01:44 PM
One of Mandel's musings for this week:

3. That the Big East is even worse than the ACC. ACC-bashing was all the rage following last week's Clemson/Virginia Tech/Virginia embarrassments. Even though the league provided even more fodder for ridicule Saturday with Wake Forest's near-miss against Ole Miss, Maryland's loss to Middle Tennessee and the Hokies' and Cavaliers' 3-0 halftime leads over Furman and Richmond, you'd be hard-pressed to say it's in worse shape than the Big East.

The conference already holds an inherent disadvantage due to its small size (eight schools), but it's managed to produce two or three nationally prominent teams these past few years. There might not be any this year. West Virginia, Cincinnati, Rutgers and Louisville have already endured lopsided losses, while Pitt lost to Bowling Green and Syracuse lost to Akron. The only remaining undefeated teams are USF and Connecticut -- and both needed overtime Saturday to dispatch UCF and Temple, respectively. Yeesh.

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/247458

Meanwhile the countdown to Sat begins....

-Kevin

nrc
09-08-08, 02:25 PM
Meanwhile the countdown to Sat begins....

I'm not enthused after teh OSU's performance against the Bobcats. A different team will need to show up Saturday.

dando
09-08-08, 02:31 PM
I'm not enthused after teh OSU's performance against the Bobcats. A different team will need to show up Saturday.

No ****. I am actually dreading the game now. :( I keep going back over the OU game and I'm astonished how they played and the final stats. We had 4 TOs and couldn't do better than 26 points, and we barely outgained the Bobcats? Jeebus. :irked: :shakehead If we lose, I won't be able to listen to sports radio for a week. I can just hear Mark May now... :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
09-08-08, 02:37 PM
Horse pucky ending to the UW/BYU game:

Ap6Kn0dkbyY

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3575847

The Pac-10 has decided that the officials got the controversial call near the end of Saturday's BYU-Washington game right.

"The rule seems pretty cut and dried," Coordinator of football officiating for the Pac-10 Conference Dave Cutaia said, according to the Seattle Times, of Rule 9, Section 2, Article 2c, which states that a player can be penalized for an unsportsmanlike act for "throwing the ball high into the air."

:irked: :saywhat: :thumdown:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-08-08, 03:42 PM
the call was right, the rule is just ****ing stupid, blame that on the stupid coaches for being so f'ing stupid

Insomniac
09-08-08, 03:53 PM
the call was right, the rule is just ****ing stupid, blame that on the stupid coaches for being so f'ing stupid

Besides, they missed the XP because it was blocked. I doubt the kicker can kick it much quicker 15 yards closer.

Gnam
09-08-08, 03:59 PM
What a blow out! Total defoliation! Cal Ax Men, 40 - Tree Sitters, 2

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/08/BA4A12PS83.DTL&tsp=1

Ankf00
09-08-08, 04:36 PM
Besides, they missed the XP because it was blocked. I doubt the kicker can kick it much quicker 15 yards closer.

not that 15 yards is a huge diff, but chipping it vs. driving it is indeed a difference. but they still f'ed up a gimme kick.

Insomniac
09-08-08, 04:54 PM
not that 15 yards is a huge diff, but chipping it vs. driving it is indeed a difference. but they still f'ed up a gimme kick.

I figured the main difference was you couldn't be off to sides as much on the kick. I mean, you have to still put a good swing through it since you want it to have speed. So you gain fractions of a second on how far you swing your leg. I can't think of any kickers who take different steps when kicking an XP vs. a FG.

dando
09-11-08, 04:04 PM
Beanie now doubtful for Sat. :(

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3581744

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-11-08, 04:10 PM
arky rescheduled for the end of the month. Football + ACL in same weekend == close order group orgy

Ankf00
09-11-08, 05:05 PM
they don't make football stadiums like this anymore. barely any suites, ridiculous sightlines. even if you're in the 2nd deck you feel like you're still right on top of the field. 92K. Skeletor can shove it with his JerryWorld campaigning. TX-OU stays put.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3221/2728814131_f5590eb7a4_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3224/2728814757_39ec843363_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3086/2728815353_dee0aa2449_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/2729645770_5dd1a08eaa_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3137/2747535861_39dc872ab1_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3226/2747536017_38abbc923f_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/2748369656_61f294c694_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/2747537475_8e61d07b12_o.jpg

Don Quixote
09-11-08, 05:46 PM
There is more aluminum there than at an IRL race.

Don Quixote
09-11-08, 05:48 PM
Beanie now doubtful for Sat. :(

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3581744

-Kevin Not good. :(

Ankf00
09-11-08, 05:49 PM
the lower bowl was 100% wooden chairs prior to the renovation. seats sized for the average waistline of a WWII-era american. perfect for me, not so perfect for the modern-sized Texan :D

Ankf00
09-11-08, 07:48 PM
FOOTBAW!!!!

dando
09-11-08, 10:19 PM
FOOTBAW!!!!

Is that what the Scarlet Letters are playing, or is that a field hockey team? :saywhat: Me thinks Schiano should have taken the U gig when he had the chance.

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-11-08, 10:33 PM
yep.

this is painful to watch. butch davis clinic.

dando
09-12-08, 12:31 PM
T-minus 1 day. :eek:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3582244&sportCat=ncf

:gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-12-08, 03:28 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/Nivek22/TechShipChopped.jpg

SBC Jones Field is flooded. ARRRRRRRRRRRR!

dando
09-13-08, 09:09 AM
No Beanie. :(

-Kevin

dando
09-13-08, 12:12 PM
Gameday. :cool:

GO BUCKS! :thumbup:

O-H!

-Kevin

Don Quixote
09-13-08, 12:13 PM
I-O!

My expectations are way low. If Tressel plays this game straight up, I don't think it will go well.

dando
09-13-08, 02:36 PM
Cal. :laugh:

-Kevin

Gnam
09-13-08, 06:47 PM
Who knew the Terps were ninjas? No fair. :p

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/1678/tmntby9.jpg

dando
09-13-08, 08:04 PM
Game time, boyz. Buckle up! :eek:

-Kevin

dando
09-13-08, 09:40 PM
:(

sigh

-Kevin

Insomniac
09-13-08, 10:35 PM
OK, it's a bit freaky when Brady and Weis both get their knees blown up. Same knee, and if the leaked info on Brady is right, same ligaments.

Don Quixote
09-13-08, 10:37 PM
Am I the only one who has totally given up on Boeckman? If it were up to me, he would not play another down. :shakehead

Don Quixote
09-13-08, 10:42 PM
He is awful. :shakehead

dando
09-13-08, 10:53 PM
Am I the only one who has totally given up on Boeckman? If it were up to me, he would not play another down. :shakehead

Here are my 1st half observations sent to a group of The OSU buds:

. Bollman needs to go. Period. I ranted against him years ago, and the past 2 years are proof enough.

. Boecks is not the answer. He has happy feet. Sit him down. Period.

. The OL (Bollman's other job) sucks.

. The DL alone cannot reach Sanchez.

. Corso quoted me stating that The OSU needed 125 yards rushing.

What a disaster! :shakehead

Oh well...@ least I look forward to the Steelers biotch slapping the Brownies tomorrow night. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
09-13-08, 11:00 PM
OMG, sit him for the rest of the season. He is a walking forfeit. :shakehead

cameraman
09-13-08, 11:41 PM
Oh my UCLA is setting some new standards for suck:eek:

nrc
09-13-08, 11:50 PM
OMG, sit him for the rest of the season. He is a walking forfeit. :shakehead

He certainly wasn't the only reason the Buckeyes lost today, USC was just the better team. But he really looked overwhelmed very early in the game. No competitive fire. I gave up on him when he allowed the linebacker (who was out of bounds, btw) to run past him for a touchdown because he was too worried about the guys looking to block him.

dando
09-14-08, 11:16 AM

Amazing that they barely beat UW last weekend and rolled (understatement) UCLA this weekend. Makes ya wonder how bad Dayglo Orange really is. :eek:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-14-08, 12:51 PM
if Rich Rod wants someone to drop every kick that comes his way, I'll take a scholarship...

dando
09-17-08, 06:30 PM
Time to update the scoreboard....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3593775

Two Penn St. players charged with pot possession

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3593874

Wisconsin linebacker cited for DUI on mo-ped

:shakehead

-Kevin

jcollins28
09-17-08, 11:07 PM

It really sucks to be on the receiving end of something like that.

Ankf00
09-18-08, 01:33 AM
It really sucks to be on the receiving end of something like that.

I chortled.