PDA

View Full Version : Y'all stay cool in Taxass...

dando
08-03-08, 09:58 PM
Saturday's high of 104 around Dallas was the ninth straight day of triple-digit heat, a stretch that began at the end of the fourth-hottest July on record in North Texas.

There's no relief in sight, either.

"I'm looking at 10 days (ahead), and I don't see any big break," said Dan Shoemaker, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service.

The medical examiner said the three heat-related deaths were Ronald Gibson, 49; Billie Emmons, 82; and Harold Ulrick, 84. Ulrick died Monday, when forecasters say the high was 105, which has so far been the hottest day of the year around Dallas.

Meanwhile, those hoping to cool off with a swim now face an outbreak of a waterborne illness in pools, lakes and water parks that has sickened at least 100 North Texas swimmers.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5921635.html

I honestly don't know how y'all live down there. :saywhat:

Don't drink the pool water, yo. :gomer:

-Kevin

coolhand
08-03-08, 10:04 PM
The summer in Anchorage has been 10 degrees below normal. :thumbup:

Ankf00
08-03-08, 10:32 PM
It's called an air conditioner :gomer:

Andrew Longman
08-03-08, 10:54 PM
But it is a dry heat... Like a blowtorch

opinionated ow
08-03-08, 11:01 PM

Much better than humidity. Much, much better.

Ankf00
08-04-08, 01:36 AM
But it is a dry heat...

not really

dando
08-04-08, 08:46 AM

My friends down in the AUS always claim that, but every time I'm there it is sick with humidity. :irked: And Houston is just disgustingly hot and humid. :saywhat:

-Kevin

KLang
08-04-08, 10:09 AM
We've been a few degrees cooler then Dallas. Of course that is offset by Tropical Storm Edouard paying us a visit tonight.

Why is it that if your AC goes out it always happens Friday afternoon when there is no chance of getting a repairperson out until after the weekend? :irked:

mapguy
08-04-08, 12:27 PM
Why is it that if your AC goes out it always happens Friday afternoon when there is no chance of getting a repairperson out until after the weekend? :irked:

Murphy's Law... BTW. What exactly is happening with it?

KLang
08-04-08, 12:45 PM

Unit outside has been running nonstop since Friday but not at full speed and isn't cooling. Occasionally makes a noise like it wants to start cooling but doesn't make it. Builder talked to the AC guy this morning, thinks it is probably the selinoid? They are supposed to be out sometime today.

Unit is less then a year old. :mad:

KLang
08-04-08, 02:32 PM

Turns out a frog shorted out the capacitor. Builder suggested frog legs for dinner. :\