PDA

View Full Version : ALMS at Mosport

Napoleon
08-01-08, 05:50 AM
I am seriously thinking of going. Is any one from here going or have gone in the past? If so any suggestions? I was at Mosport around 12 years ago for a club race, but that is it.

Napoleon
08-04-08, 09:58 AM
It just occured to me, do I need a passport now to get into Canada?

mapguy
08-04-08, 11:49 AM

No, but you'll need one to get back into the US. Or, at least, proof of citizenship. I'm not exactly sure when the US Border requires a passport. It was supposed to be at the beginning of this year but it has been pushed back. FWIW I crossed back into the US after visiting my folks with only my green card.

cameraman
08-04-08, 12:00 PM
It just occured to me, do I need a passport now to get into Canada?If you want to get home without endless hassle, yes.

Rus'L
08-04-08, 12:21 PM

It depends whether you're flying or driving.

Flying - yes. Driving - not yet (but it makes it a whole lot easier).

Napoleon
08-04-08, 12:28 PM
It depends whether you're flying or driving.

Driving, and I would cross at the Peace Bridge in Buffalo.

tllips
08-07-08, 09:55 AM
If you are driving across, you only need a photo ID AND your Birth Certificate until June 2009. If flying, you need a passport.

Methanolandbrats
08-07-08, 10:52 AM
If you are driving across, you only need a photo ID AND your Birth Certificate until June 2009. If flying, you need a passport.
I'm afraid to drive to Canada. The last time a friend and I went fishing the Mounties pulled us aside and asked all kinds of questions. We were afraid they would tear our car apart and look in our butts. :eek: ..................if you can't remember and recite your mother's maiden name in 1/100 of a millisecond...they get suspicious. :irked: They should understand that after a week of fishing and all that Molson the neurons are not up to speed.

Napoleon
08-21-08, 11:21 AM
Well I am not going to go. I took next week off but for my minivacation I go to Pittsburgh next Thursday and take in a Steelers preseason, Friday some stuff around town then a Pirates game at night then drive to Columbus for OSU's first game Saturday at noon.

If anyone is going have fun.

JT265
08-22-08, 12:44 PM
I'm afraid to drive to Canada. The last time a friend and I went fishing the Mounties pulled us aside and asked all kinds of questions. We were afraid they would tear our car apart and look in our butts. :eek: ..................if you can't remember and recite your mother's maiden name in 1/100 of a millisecond...they get suspicious. :irked: They should understand that after a week of fishing and all that Molson the neurons are not up to speed.

That's funny. I'd be curious as to what part of Canada you were in that a Mountie would pull you over. The western provinces contract them to do their policing, but in the rest of the country (if you even spot one) they are the equivalent of the FBI. If the border patrol let you in legally, and you weren't speeding, etc., just tell 'em to piss off. :D

Methanolandbrats
08-22-08, 12:47 PM
That's funny. I'd be curious as to what part of Canada you were in that a Mountie would pull you over. The western provinces contract them to do their policing, but in the rest of the country (if you even spot one) they are the equivalent of the FBI. If the border patrol let you in legally, and you weren't speeding, etc., just tell 'em to piss off. :D Sault St Marie

JT265
08-22-08, 12:54 PM
Sault St Marie

Oops! If they were Mounties, that would be like getting jacked around by the FBI, if it was the OPP I would still tell 'em to piss off. :D