PDA

View Full Version : More reasons to wonder about the strength of Kool-Aid

pchall
05-22-03, 12:30 PM
link (http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=027270)

These folks must be using the industrial strength grade now.

chop456
05-22-03, 12:32 PM
The golden age? :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Good lord.

Napoleon
05-22-03, 12:36 PM
I don't think it has gotten any stronger, it’s just that they are mainlining and freebasing the stuff now, unlike the old days when they just chugged it down.

pchall
05-22-03, 01:00 PM
Sometimes the better part of me thinks it is just cruel to make fun of other sites.

Right now, this is just seven years of payback.

Sympathy comes later.

Maybe.

Nah!

:p

RaceGrrl
05-22-03, 01:17 PM
Apparently there's a river called denial in Indy too.

chop456
05-22-03, 01:24 PM
I just keep thinking about the usage of "golden age" to describe the 500 of the last few years.

Applying that same logic, Europe's golden age must have occurred right around the height of the plague.

Warlock!
05-22-03, 02:09 PM
I managed to get past the point where they exclaimed the IRL was turning the sport around...

I was able to keep reading past the point where it was said the reason for the empty seats at the Brickyard this year was because of all the new seats that were recently installed...

But I could not, for the life of me, get past the idea that less people are attending the 500 this year because the TV sets are bigger now then they used to be...

"if I lived in indiana, and had a choice between staying home and watching the race on a 53 inch big screen piped in thru a digital satellite dish or watching from some crappy seats inside of turn one, I 'd be home.

what was the biggest tv you could buy back in 1984?"

:rofl: :D :rofl:

Wouldn't all those extra people watching the race on TV = higher TV ratings (if they had a Neilson box, obviously)???

Warlock!

rabbit
05-22-03, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
"if I lived in indiana, and had a choice between staying home and watching the race on a 53 inch big screen piped in thru a digital satellite dish or watching from some crappy seats inside of turn one, I 'd be home.

what was the biggest tv you could buy back in 1984?"

:rofl: :D :rofl: Well that would certainly explain the 10.0+ tv ratings they've been getting the last few years.

Huh? What? 4.3?!?!? :eek: What about the new plasma-screen models? Did they count those?

RaceGrrl
05-22-03, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Well that would certainly explain the 10.0+ tv ratings they've been getting the last few years.

Do you think that gomers think if they have a bigger TV that the ratings will increase accordingly?

:confused:

JLMannin
05-22-03, 05:56 PM
You can buy tickets today in the North Vista, Row 25. If you want to bring 39 of your friends, you can all sit together in the North Vista in rows R through U.

40 ****ing tickets in a block three days before the race. Plus and the fact that TG has torn down tens of thousands of infields seats.

If it wasn't broke before, it sure as hell is now.

Broken for good, I think. :flame: :flame: :flame: :saywhat: :saywhat: :shakehead :shakehead

RaceChic
05-22-03, 06:00 PM
What frightens me the most is that there are that many truly insane people in this world. And they all must own cats..... Except me, I'm normal. :D

JLMannin
05-22-03, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by pchall
link (http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=027270)

These folks must be using the industrial strength grade now.

After the ratings come in at sub 4.0, there may be a special limited edition of almond scented Kool Aid brewed up.

doppelganger
05-22-03, 06:20 PM
I fail to understand what these people still believe in. No rational, logical person can think of the IRL as being the best and most exciting motor sport, and that this year's Indy 500 will be the best.

Although, I have to admit they are fun to watch. Nothing like a little laughter at their expense. :)

JLMannin
05-22-03, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by doppelganger
I fail to understand what these people still believe in. No rational, logical person can think of the IRL as being the best and most exciting motor sport, and that this year's Indy 500 will be the best.

You've got to wonder if this is the same set of people who think the WWF is real?

Lizzerd
05-22-03, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Do you think that gomers think if they have a bigger TV that the ratings will increase accordingly?

:confused:

But... If you have a bigger TV, more people can watch it at the same time. With an average of 1.4 viewers watching a 27 inch screen, and 6.3 watching a 53 inch screen, divide the 6.3 by 1.8 and multiply by the rating, and keeping in mind that you have a greater chance of viewers visiting the loo or fridge at any one time, so deduct 0.8 percent for any 15 minute time slot, and consider that 2.5 would be distracted by conversation or the peanut bowl...

Hence, fewer TV's on (what the ratings are based on), and more people watching. You do the math.

RaceGrrl
05-22-03, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
You do the math.

"Math is hard." :p

sundaydriver
05-22-03, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
You can buy tickets today in the North Vista, Row 25. If you want to bring 39 of your friends, you can all sit together in the North Vista in rows R through U.

40 ****ing tickets in a block three days before the race. Plus and the fact that TG has torn down tens of thousands of infields seats.

If it wasn't broke before, it sure as hell is now.

Broken for good, I think. :flame: :flame: :flame: :saywhat:

I remember back in 91 when I tried to get tickets the day after the race and was put on a waiting list. I had been using my uncle's tickets. (1st row in the 1st turn)

I remember thinking, I will never get good seats to this race for at least 10 years. Well, there isn't a problem now.
:shakehead