PDA

View Full Version : I am going to an IRL race

JLMannin
07-26-08, 11:50 AM
My dad purchased tickets and asked my son and I to go. I said yes to avoid any family conflict from brewing. I will be going to the September 6th race at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet. At least he waited until the mergification was complete until buying the tickets.

Has anyone been to the Joliet speedway? I have heard that they ban all liquids from being carried in to the track - is this true?

RusH
07-26-08, 12:06 PM
sorry to hear of your loss

High Sided
07-26-08, 12:13 PM
General Rules:
Coolers of any type, food or beverage, glass containers, umbrellas, folding chairs, baby strollers, bicycles, wagons, scooters and roller blades are not permitted through the gates. All bags are subject to search. One un-opened factory sealed plastic bottle of water will be permitted past the gates. For an official list of general rules, refer to Chicagoland Speedway's official website, www.chicagolandspeedway.com, or call the box office at 815-727-RACE.

no smoking allowed except in designated smoking areas

Sean Malone
07-26-08, 12:50 PM
I went to St Pete this year. Trust me...bring the best ear plugs you can afford. You won't be sorry. And keep your expectations low. Very low.

Methanolandbrats
07-26-08, 12:55 PM
General Rules:
Coolers of any type, food or beverage, glass containers, umbrellas, folding chairs, baby strollers, bicycles, wagons, scooters and roller blades are not permitted through the gates. All bags are subject to search. One un-opened factory sealed plastic bottle of water will be permitted past the gates. For an official list of general rules, refer to Chicagoland Speedway's official website, www.chicagolandspeedway.com, or call the box office at 815-727-RACE.

no smoking allowed except in designated smoking areas Geebus, what nazi ****ers...do they have pay toilets?

Accipiter
07-26-08, 12:59 PM
You bastard! How dare you? ;)

One un-opened factory sealed plastic bottle of water will be permitted past the gates.

Ridiculous. I usually bring 6-8 just for myself when I go to a summer race. And I'm sure they charge you 3-4 bucks for them at the track. :rolleyes:

SurfaceUnits
07-26-08, 01:43 PM
take a marker and black out some of your teeth, or the gomers will know you are an outsider

Linguistic tips from fan interviews at the brickyard this weekend:

Kin I take yer pitcher - when you want a photograph

Kin I git yer artigraph - when you want someone to sign something

Gnam
07-26-08, 01:47 PM
Things to do at an IRL race:
1. Catch up with former Champ Car teams/drivers/personnel.
2. Point in any direction and laugh.
3. Shake Milka's hand.
4. Enjoy ample leg room.
5. Point in any direction and cry.
6. Leave.

During the day you may feel the following emotions::yuck::mad::(:shakehead

Good luck and may God have mercy on your soul.

Methanolandbrats
07-26-08, 02:13 PM
I can only think of one good thing to say, since it's a September race it won't be hot :D

Don Quixote
07-26-08, 02:15 PM
I would add to Gnam's list the following:

7. Buy (wink-wink) a red hat.
8. Incite an incident netween Danica and another driver.
9. Drink a beer or three with BiF and his bro.
10. Seek shade under the stands (I hear this is quite common).

Winston Wolfe
07-26-08, 02:46 PM
I would also like to add to Gnam's list :

11. Wear your bare aluminum colored t-shirt and hat so as to fit in with all of the other irl fans to ensure everyone sees a "massive crowd" on teevee.:gomer:
12. seek out other CART\CCWS fans who can easily be identified as those with a full set of teeth and not wearing levi's jean shorts from 1999 and remember the good times.
13. keep saying over and over "we're just one step away from salvation when the chopper goes down":tony:
14. point and laugh:rofl:
15. dont worry about someone sitting in front of you and blocking your view.

SurfaceUnits
07-26-08, 03:01 PM
get your neck muscles in shape by watching flies circle *****

G.
07-26-08, 03:07 PM
go far away from Joliet to find a nice place to eat.

RHR_Fan
07-26-08, 03:56 PM
The Indy Lights cars sound like ****. They are much worse than the crapwagons.

dando
07-26-08, 04:29 PM
:eek: I had no idea one could actually buy tix to an EARL race. :gomer:

-Kevin

High Sided
07-26-08, 05:04 PM
I would add to Gnam's list the following:

10. Seek shade under the stands (I hear this is quite common).

and hang out in tthe smoking area :gomer:

Sean Malone
07-26-08, 11:56 PM
The Indy Lights cars sound like ****. They are much worse than the crapwagons.

True.

JLMannin
07-27-08, 12:21 AM
:eek: I had no idea one could actually buy tix to an EARL race. :gomer:

-Kevin

Chicagoland speedway sells seasons tickets, so if you want to go to the NASCAR race, you buy the same seats for all races.

JLMannin
07-27-08, 12:25 AM
I went to St Pete this year. Trust me...bring the best ear plugs you can afford. You won't be sorry. And keep your expectations low. Very low.

My expectations are quite low. I am expecting a show as entertaining as super-vees, except that they sound like total crap. I will make sure to wear my Champcar hat and my son will wear his champcar T-shirt and his Ferrari hat. We should stick out quite well.

Can my factory-sealed bottle of water be one of those 2.5 gallon tapper containers? :)

SurfaceUnits
07-27-08, 12:28 AM
I think dando's statement flew right over the Downforce cap on your head :gomer:

Napoleon
08-01-08, 05:37 AM
Trader!