PDA

View Full Version : FIRLtility @ the wrecks-all Indy

SurfaceUnits
07-24-08, 08:04 PM
With this banner from the media partner,,,,,, the weekend gets off to its foibles

http://www.calljamie.com/images/justwrong.jpg

Skerlong topped the time charts in the Atlantic's hour-long practice session with a best lap at 1:06.963 (106.071 mph) in the No. 14 King Taco entry for Pacific Coast Motorsports.

2008 Rexall Edmonton Indy :: Practice 1 Print Results
Pos Driver Name Best Time Best Speed
1 Helio Castroneves (3) 1:02.9327 112.863

but the Indy cars have a little bit less power, like two or three seconds slower around a lap. So people from outside cannot really see the difference.

"But the thing about this, is with a little bit less power you spend a little bit more time on the straights and there will actually be more chances to overtake. So the race should be even more exciting

shaggy_socal
07-24-08, 09:04 PM
Maybe ABC/ESPN hired this girl as the web banner maker. :)

http://static.dailymotion.com/dyn/preview/320x240/4771959.jpg

mapguy
07-25-08, 04:29 AM
Is that banner shot from Surfer's or something? I have a funny feeling that there isn't any palm trees in Edmonton....;)

SurfaceUnits
07-25-08, 08:06 AM
Is that banner shot from Surfer's or something? I have a funny feeling that there isn't any palm trees in Edmonton....;)

you just don't know what indycar can do for the scenery of the locales it graces

Chief
07-25-08, 09:49 AM
Looks like Long Beach at or just before the hairpin...a race that they've technically never raced at....is being used to pimp the sham. :yuck: :vomit:

Man, the IRL sucks at everything.

dando
07-25-08, 09:58 AM
Maybe ABC/ESPN hired this girl as the web banner maker. :)

Dude. @ least post the video. Priceless. :gomer:

lj3iNxZ8Dww

-Kevin

SurfaceUnits
07-25-08, 11:16 AM
http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/lauren-caitlin-upton-miss-teen-usa-2007.jpg

jcollins28
07-25-08, 11:17 AM
Looks like Long Beach at or just before the hairpin...a race that they've technically never raced at....is being used to pimp the sham. :yuck: :vomit:

Man, the IRL sucks at everything.

Yes that is Long Beach.

Methanolandbrats
07-25-08, 12:49 PM
http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/lauren-caitlin-upton-miss-teen-usa-2007.jpg That much cute overcomes a whole lot of stupid :thumbup:

gerhard911
07-25-08, 01:27 PM
Unfortunately the cute will only last another decade or so.

Teh stupid lasts a lifetime :p

SurfaceUnits
07-25-08, 01:56 PM
I bet her mother's a cougar

Chief
07-25-08, 02:33 PM
Thats a tall drink of water, in the white, on the right. :p

SurfaceUnits
07-25-08, 06:22 PM
DP-01 would lap the field every ~18-20 laps :laugh:

Car-B-Q
07-25-08, 09:50 PM
That much cute overcomes a whole lot of stupid :thumbup:

Uhhh, what was the question?

Gnam
07-26-08, 01:50 PM
That much cute overcomes a whole lot of stupid :thumbup:
It's a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there.

Winston Wolfe
07-26-08, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=SurfaceUnits;237625]With this banner from the media partner,,,,,, the weekend gets off to its foibles

QUOTE]

that is effing amazing.... they use a shot from LBGP to pimp Canada ?? WTF

that is the old "International Towers" on the corner of Shoreline and Ocean. I lived in that building back in 1986 & 87 and enjoyed watching plenty of pre-race activity leading up to the race back then.... especially when the starting setting up the g-stands and then press day when they closed the streets for the first time and let some of the drivers take press around on hot laps..... man, those were the good ol' daze !

G.
07-26-08, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=SurfaceUnits;237625]With this banner from the media partner,,,,,, the weekend gets off to its foibles

QUOTE]

that is effing amazing.... they use a shot from LBGP to pimp Canada ?? WTF

that is the old "International Towers" on the corner of Shoreline and Ocean. I lived in that building back in 1986 & 87 and enjoyed watching plenty of pre-race activity leading up to the race back then.... especially when the starting setting up the g-stands and then press day when they closed the streets for the first time and let some of the drivers take press around on hot laps..... man, those were the good ol' daze !They couldn't find a pic of an IRL street race with any people in it.

trish
07-26-08, 05:14 PM
Watching the race now. What a difference a car makes. It's really like watching paint dry.

dando
07-26-08, 05:19 PM
Watching the race now. What a difference a car makes. It's really like watching paint dry.

Added bonus: Bob Jenkins calling the race. :thumbup: :gomer: :saywhat:

NOTE: daughter #2 napping while the wife is out with daughter #1 or I would be enjoying life rather than suffering through this shizzle. :irked:

-Kevin

dando
07-26-08, 05:29 PM
This was one of the best races on the CCWS the past two seasons, but has now has become a wankerfest extraordinaire. :saywhat: :yuck:

-Kevin

trish
07-26-08, 06:46 PM
It's been worth it just to see Marco take Danica out of the race. lol Talk about poetic justice. Maybe she'll beat him up after tha race.

cameraman
07-26-08, 09:16 PM
Was he lapping her at the time or was Micro also hopelessly slow?

trish
07-26-08, 09:17 PM
I believe they were both on the lead lap.

cameraman
07-26-08, 09:21 PM
I'm sure the folks at McLaren will be suitably impressed that he was stuck behind Danicant:rolleyes:

Methanolandbrats
07-26-08, 09:44 PM
Only lasted about 10 minutes. Goodyear and Jenkins.......what aholes. Their idiotic yammering against a background of those *****oxes droning away was unbearable. Who won? WGAF.

SurfaceUnits
07-27-08, 12:15 AM
^^^honda and dallara and the fans in Edmonton

dando
07-27-08, 10:15 AM
Was he lapping her at the time or was Micro also hopelessly slow?

They were all droning around @ the same pace. The only passing was when someone made a mistake or somebody wrecked themselves or someone else. It was a total dronefest. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Insomniac
07-27-08, 12:10 PM
It's been worth it just to see Marco take Danica out of the race. lol Talk about poetic justice. Maybe she'll beat him up after tha race.

That must've been a great post race interview.

cameraman
07-27-08, 12:36 PM
They were all droning around @ the same pace. The only passing was when someone made a mistake or somebody wrecked themselves or someone else. It was a total dronefest. :thumdown:

-Kevin

They couldn't pass at Edmonton:confused::confused:

devilmaster
07-27-08, 12:41 PM
just out of curiosity, why was the race Saturday? :confused:

SurfaceUnits
07-27-08, 12:47 PM
nascar at the hickyard on sunday

devilmaster
07-27-08, 01:44 PM
nascar at the hickyard on sunday

Really? Sad. Just Sad. :shakehead

G.
07-27-08, 01:46 PM
Really? Sad. Just Sad. :shakehead
You'll get YOUR chance to see them there coiled snakes in action!

Toronto's a GO for mindycars! (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/07/27/6276731-sun.html)

dando
07-27-08, 02:02 PM
They couldn't pass at Edmonton:confused::confused:

Zero passing unlike the past two years under the CCWS banner. To say it sucked is an understatement. :irked: All momentum racing, parade style. :yuck:

-Kevin

dando
07-27-08, 02:06 PM
just out of curiosity, why was the race Saturday? :confused:

Isn't that the Canadia Sunday? :gomer: ;) Can't expect the EARL to compete against the BY400, yo. :tony: gotta right by the France's, yo. :shakehead

-Kevin

devilmaster
07-28-08, 12:16 AM
You'll get YOUR chance to see them there coiled snakes in action!

Toronto's a GO for mindycars! (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/07/27/6276731-sun.html)

I ain't gonna cross the border and then drive 15 minutes to belle isle, i ain't gonna drive 4 hours at this gas rate to go see em in T.O. :gomer:

Rogue Leader
07-29-08, 09:34 AM
I'm sure the folks at McLaren will be suitably impressed that he was stuck behind Danicant:rolleyes:

I loved the discussion about Micro's F1 plans and whether he put them by the wayside, because he had 1 "test" with Honda. Maybe they forgot the part about daddy and grandpappy, now I'm no hirl fan, but theres about 10 more drivers they would pick up from there before even considering him for anything other than waterboy!

PS He was faster than Danica, the team asked her to move over and she refused so Micro punted her. I thought it was wonderful!

PSS Bob Jenkins could not sound more uninterested. did someone clip his balls off?

JohnHKart
07-29-08, 02:06 PM
Oh my god...another good one: "Wrecks All" .....!!!! I didn't notice that yesterday. This race is personally painful for me and my family to watch as I lost my grandma and Uncle in Edmonton in 2003 and 2006..and was crying in that parking lot at the airport after touring the air museum last year. We used to enjoy nice lunches in this great restaurant at the airport as well. I am fine though..sorry to unload...Yuck...F that place I say!

John