PDA

View Full Version : ALMS at RA

cameraman
07-21-08, 07:19 PM
IMSA is changing the rules for the diesels.

a. The maximum height of the autonomous fuel rig for diesel powered cars is hereby lowered to the standard maximum height of 2.00m above the surface where the refueling takes place.
b. The maximum capacity for LMP Diesel cars in the American Le Mans Series (only) shall be a maximum of 85 liters on board.

A little less gravity assist on the refueling but 4 more gallons in the tank.

cheesewhiz
07-22-08, 02:20 PM
Has anyone seen an entry list?
Please post it or a link if you can.
Thanks!

Whizzy

cameraman
07-22-08, 03:19 PM
Road America entry list (http://www.americanlemans.com/Events/Generac500atRoadAmericapresentedbyTimeWarnerCable/2008/Entry.pdf)

btw that is a link to the pdf file because the ALMS has a pdf file fetish.

RHR_Fan
07-22-08, 04:12 PM
Anthony Lazarro? Holy poop! Gonna be a great race. :)

cameraman
07-22-08, 06:21 PM
In the Doran Ford GT-R no less. You had best look for them at the start of the race because there is a very high probability that they won't be there at the end:D

Corner5
07-30-08, 02:45 PM
More stuff for ALMS at RA-

Hello Patron!

RA to Host Club Patron Hospitality Area
7/29/2008

New Adult Hospitality for August Weekend

Fans attending the August 7-10 Road Race Showcase at Road America will be in for a treat as the Club Patron Tequila Hospitality Area will be on site here at the Elkhart Lake venue.

This party zone for adults age 21 and over will feature beverages for purchase made of Patron Tequila appropriately named for the event as Brabham's Perfect Finish Margarita, The Patron Bloody Maria, Le Mans Buzz and Sharp's Straightaway. Whet your whistle in comfort under the Club Patron canopies and tented hospitality area and mingle with the Club Patron staff and models.

The Club Patron area will be situated in the lower North Paddock, south west of the Kohler Tunnel. Hours of operation will be Friday, August 8 from 11am to 5pm, Saturday, August 9 from 11am to 7:30 pm and Sunday, August 10 from 11am to 3:30 pm. Rendezvous here with your friends, don't miss this neat area.

7/28/2008

For Audi, BMW, Corvette, Mazda, and Porsche owners

The August 7-10 race weekend at Road America is traditionally huge for car club involvement. 2008 is no exception as Corrals are planned through the American Le Mans sanctioning body and Road America for the marques of Audi, BMW, Corvette, Mazda and Porsche.

With your gate admission ticket, complimentary access to the above car corrals is available Thursday thru Sunday with activities planned through out the weekend including a special end of the day Parade Lap on Track for sport cars and sedans.

Tour de Road America August 8
7/28/2008

Bicycle Road America to fight Cancer

Join your fellow cyclists and ride the smooth 4 mile circuit of Road America to benefit cancer research and the Lance Armstrong Foundation Friday evening, August 8

Experience Road America in a whole different way on-track while making a difference. Cost to participate is $50 which includes your Friday all day race ticket, the Tour de Road America pre-event reception, event t shirt and automatic donation to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. The event is open to all ages and riding levels. Road America provides a safe, smooth surface for your bicycle and a family friendly environment to ride and experience.

Next Up Road Race Showcase
7/24/2008

Featuring American Le Mans August 7-10

Join us in August for the Road America Road Race Showcase featuring the Generac 500 American Le Mans series presented by Time Warner Cable on Saturday racing into the sunset and the Sunday feature SPEED World Challenge GT and Touring series. Also running that weekend will be open-wheel Atlantics, Star Mazda, Formula BMW Americas, Skip Barber Nationals and Play Boy MX-5 Cup for 4 huge days of non-stop action.

Advance tickets available at a discount if purchased by July 30. Order on-line at www.roadamerica.com or by calling 800-365-7223. Not sure of your schedule? Event tickets are always available at the gate on a walk-in basis. Remember children age 12 and under are free at Road America along with complimentary paddock access and perimeter parking.

Need lodging? Click on the information button on our Road America website home page for a list of area hotels, Inns and campgrounds. Camping always available on site here at the track for tents and RV�s.

Donate Food and Get $10 Ticket Discount
7/23/2008

Help Road America Re-stock Food Pantries

Now through August 10, bring in to Road America $5.00 or more in non-perishable food for the Salvation Army, you will receive $10 off you race ticket for the August 7-10 weekend or single day tickets. The Salvation Army is in dire need of food to re-stock the shelves of their food pantry in Sheboygan County.

Few people realize that during summer, food donations are needed just as desperately for the needy as during the winter. Hunger knows no season so please help this great cause and get a $10 discount off a race ticket at the same time.

Road America has barrels on site at the track office for food drop-off so please stop by today with a bag of non-perishable food to day and participate in the Race to Feed The Hungry. Suggested items include: peanut butter, canned fruit and vegetables, baby formula, cereal, canned soups, canned meats etc.

During the Road America August 7-10 event, donations will be accepted at all the Road America entrance gates as well. Thank you for helping this great cause.

info here- www.roadamerica.com

schedule- http://www.roadamerica.com/images/races_generac_500/generac_08_schedule.pdf

Atlantics race on saturday and sunday. :cool:

cameraman
07-30-08, 05:00 PM
You guys get to see the new Audi driver's first race too.

Marcel Fässler & Emanuele Pirro in the #1 Audi R10 TDI.

RHR_Fan
07-30-08, 06:01 PM
To finally be 21. :D

Trevor Longman
07-30-08, 06:52 PM
RA to Host Club Patron Hospitality Area
7/29/2008

New Adult Hospitality for August Weekend

Fans attending the August 7-10 Road Race Showcase at Road America will be in for a treat as the Club Patron Tequila Hospitality Area will be on site here at the Elkhart Lake venue.

This party zone for adults age 21 and over will feature beverages for purchase made of Patron Tequila appropriately named for the event as Brabham's Perfect Finish Margarita, The Patron Bloody Maria, Le Mans Buzz and Sharp's Straightaway. Whet your whistle in comfort under the Club Patron canopies and tented hospitality area and mingle with the Club Patron staff and models.

The Club Patron area will be situated in the lower North Paddock, south west of the Kohler Tunnel. Hours of operation will be Friday, August 8 from 11am to 5pm, Saturday, August 9 from 11am to 7:30 pm and Sunday, August 10 from 11am to 3:30 pm. Rendezvous here with your friends, don't miss this neat area.

This isn't new. It was at lime rock. I didn't go in as I'm only 15 but I saw that a guy passed out as he was walking out of the tent. This may have been related to the heat or it may have been from the "Le Mans Buzz". I don't know.

Tim
07-30-08, 09:26 PM
Have fun. I'm skipping this year.

TrueBrit
07-31-08, 09:51 AM

Me too unfortunately...:(

TRDfan
07-31-08, 09:57 AM
Barring some sort of miracle, I'm out too.

Not happy at all.

patski
07-31-08, 11:06 AM

diddo!

chop456
07-31-08, 11:29 AM
Buncha' sissies. :D

NismoZ
08-04-08, 10:30 AM
Geez, no kidding. Perhaps you need to stay glued to the tube for Farve updates? Since I've unloaded the "Z" I can now haul all kinds of crap to make the overnighter up there more comfortable! Zoom Zoom;)

Methanolandbrats
08-04-08, 10:58 AM
Perfect weather for it, Canadian Air..........:thumbup:

Corner5
08-05-08, 11:37 AM
Buncha' sissies. :D

^^^^^
What he said!

For anyone arriving early-

RA Race Party Announced!
7/31/2008

Open to the Public August 7 in Plymouth

Road America is planning a welcome race party so please join us on Thursday evening, August 7 from 6 pm to 9 pm at Antonio�s Sport Bar (corner of Mill Street and Hwy 67) in Plymouth, Wisconsin

Free adult admission, door prizes, contests and driver autographs from 7-8 pm. Happy hour beverage and food specials available from 4-6 pm. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian

For directions call 920-893-5105

See you there!

Trevor Longman
08-05-08, 07:10 PM
If I could I would so be there. But due to family conflicts that I'm sure you've heard my dad complain about, I'm stuck in watkins glen for the cup race. Although I do have high hopes! Next year, indycar is racing at MO on this weekend next year. Since I assume that ALMS wants to race at both MO and RA, they will have to move their RA date elsewhere in order to accommodate that. Anyway we'll find out at Petit Le Mans what their schedule is. I've got my fingers crossed!

Methanolandbrats
08-05-08, 09:15 PM
, I'm stuck in watkins glen for the cup race.
Child abuse :D

Indy
08-05-08, 09:31 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5949/dylanindifferencebo1.jpg

pchall
08-05-08, 09:39 PM
A certain stuffed bear that once pooped in the woods and so thinks he's pope of the sportscar fans contends RA will remain IRL free for 2009, so it will be safe for women and children a little longer.

G.
08-06-08, 12:51 PM
crap.

I think I have to skip this year. Maybe I can swing one day.

Lame I am. :shakehead

cameraman
08-06-08, 02:57 PM
Rob Bell will be in the Risi Competizione #61 Ferrari 430 with Harrison Brix this weekend. He is subbing for Patrick Friesacher who is out due to injury from an accident while testing the 2008/2009 A1GP car.

It seems he has some type of back injury and is out for an unknown (or at least undisclosed) time.

TedN
08-10-08, 07:28 PM
Anyone else see the irony in the #4 Vette beached in the sandtrap, out of the competition with a ChampCar bannner draped over the front end. Like another nail in the coffin.

Ted

Methanolandbrats
08-10-08, 08:07 PM
That was a great race. :thumbup:

Gnam
08-11-08, 02:27 AM
Great. :thumbup:
shades of Sebring 2007.

Nice to see Champ Car back on track too. ;)

http://i33.tinypic.com/11u95lc.jpg

tllips
08-12-08, 10:15 AM
Katherine Legge was doing commentary on the XM broadcast (Which was also being broadcast on the PA at the track) and she certainly caught the irony in the Vette hitting the ChampCar banner. :cool:

NismoZ
08-12-08, 06:47 PM
I think Gil is figuring out just who it is he has to race with. Bring on more Mazdas a Lexus or 3, some Nissans and more Astons. I think we'll be seeing more "old" open wheel guys in there soon also.

Napoleon
08-13-08, 03:36 PM
That was a really good race.