PDA

View Full Version : Gualter Salles back to CART?

molive
05-21-03, 05:10 PM
Brazilian driver Gualter Salles has confirmed that he will be testing at Nazareth and racing for Dale Coyne in the upcoming Milwalkee Mile race.

Salles is currently participating in the Brazilian Stock Car V8 series, and said that the deal is good for one race only, but with possible extension. Gualter said, however, that he intends to continue with his Golden Cross sponsored stock car team for the remainder of the year, regardless of what happens (probably he thinks he won't be renewed?).

Anyway, I guess that means either Camathias or Yoong are going to sit out next race?

Dr. Corkski
05-21-03, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by molive
Anyway, I guess that means either Camathias or Yoong are going to sit out next race? Like that's a bad thing. Comparing to those two, it's Gualter Senna.

JoeBob
05-21-03, 09:31 PM
Its always nice to see a former Indy Lights Champ get a ride. I never have quite figured out how he fell through the cracks. (Then again, Buddy Rice just about did the same thing.)

Hink
05-22-03, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
Like that's a bad thing. Comparing to those two, it's Gualter Senna.

Exactly. Bring on Gualter S.

Dr. Corkski
05-22-03, 06:38 AM
Salles was never an Indy Lights champ. He did have some good results in Lights, but never had enough money to buy a half decent ride in CART.

molive
05-22-03, 05:33 PM
I think it has been 3 years since he last drove a champ car....

Dr. Corkski
05-22-03, 11:21 PM
Looks like Yoong's talent, err, check, didn't clear.

Hink
05-23-03, 03:01 AM
Go KL.

Ziggy
05-23-03, 08:49 AM
A step in the right direction, changing out a wanker that is.... dont know about a rusty neverwas, but if there was ever a time to shine, this would be it. Salles did have some decent, if fleeting efforts behind the wheel. He always had doggy cars, on crappy teams. With this lower cost Formula TurboFord, Maybe he is just lowering his cost average.....

I think and hope its an upgrade, not in the same league as Herta, but an upgrade just the same.

Ziggy

cartmanoz
05-26-03, 09:10 AM
I read tonight that Yoong has been asked to move aside as his funding has run out, basically due to lack of interest from Malaysia despite Yoong having the backing of Malaysian Airlines.

Gurneyflap
05-26-03, 09:41 PM
So, we're changing out a wanker for...Salles? Aren't there any better wanker-replacers out there? It really isn't much about driving ability anymore, is it? I'll bet Tracy and Bourdais are just quaking with fear!