PDA

View Full Version : Tivo is "God's Machine"

RaceGrrl
01-10-03, 10:00 PM
If the chairman of the FCC says so, it must be true. Tivo Story (http://apnews.myway.com//article/20030110/D7OFL0J80.html)

So who else here are Tivo gods? :D

mnkywrch
01-10-03, 10:21 PM
<raised hand>

My wife's watching last night's ER right now, while I record "Whose Line".

I dunno how I could live without my TiVo.

JoeBob
01-10-03, 11:54 PM
DirecTV with TiVo here. Got it on New Years Eve. I don't know how I ever lived without it.

RichK
01-11-03, 12:57 AM
I drive by TiVo and ReplayTV every day, and TiVo's parking lot is much more crowded early and late. Guess they are doing well. Does this mean that I drive by heaven every day? :)

chop456
01-11-03, 06:16 PM
I have Dish Network's PVR machine. Poor man's TiVo, essentially. All the same playback and recording/guide features, but without the season pass and the fancy search utilities.

Still great to have.

oddlycalm
01-20-03, 03:59 AM
I've got a Replay and a Tivo. The concept is indeed worthy. Within a few years many computers and most TV's will have PVR's IMO. Once you experience it, there is simply no turning back.

oc

oddlycalm
01-20-03, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by RichK
I drive by TiVo and ReplayTV every day, and TiVo's parking lot is much more crowded early and late. Guess they are doing well.

FWIW, when Sonic Blue bought ReplayTV, they incorporated the call center and other departments of Replay within their operations in Oregon. What is left at the former ReplayTV location is a few product development and management people.

oc

devilmaster
01-20-03, 04:29 AM
I didn't realize it at first, but when I bought my new ATI all-in-wonder Radeon card a couple weeks back, I found out it has their version of Tivo. :D

One word says it all........

SWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. :cool:

Steve

Sean O'Gorman
01-20-03, 12:37 PM
No TiVo here yet...hell, I just now got a VCR!

RacinM3
01-20-03, 03:58 PM
I've been trying to get the DirecTivo two-tuner unit, but everyone around here is sold out!

nrc
01-20-03, 07:13 PM
They recently came out with a new model of the DirecTV with TiVo receiver. They quit making the old one for a while and it took them a while to get the new one out so they've been going fast.

The first batch of the new receivers had some quality problems. Some folks got their receivers DOA. So you probably are better off continuing to check locally.