PDA

View Full Version : German Grand Prix 2008

Insomniac
07-19-08, 10:21 AM
McLaren's look good. They can run a non-perfect lap and still run a fast lap.

I don't feel bad for Piquet. :)

Interesting comment about Bourdais and the new Toro Rosso (old Red Bull Racing chassis) is more suited to Vettel. That explains it, but doesn't help you keep the job if that's the direction they're going in and you can't keep up.

Raikkonen why did you slow down? Could've been the last flying lap of the day.

Pre-Race show on SPEED tomorrow! :thumbup:

ilferrari
07-20-08, 09:45 AM
Great drive from Hamilton, very lame from Massa on the pass. Ferrari need to reconsider their driver lineup, they both sucked this weekend. Raikkonen has sucked all year in qualifying. I would fire them both and hire Vettel and Alonso.

Insomniac
07-20-08, 10:48 AM
Argh! i avoided OC and everything this morning than inexplicably forgot and went to ESPN.com. They won't show the IndyCar winner (after the race) in the headlines but never fail to show F1!

Last race for FOX, thank goodness.

opinionated ow
07-20-08, 12:33 PM
random observations at 2am local...

Alonso's car was the most awful handling thing I have seen in ages. The fact he only had that half spin was incredible...

Hamilton is still a little arrogant figjam, but he certainly can drive

Formula One's pitlane rules are ****ed. Why did they change them in the first place, they used to make sense, leaving the sporting aspects and having no NASCAR/IRL contrived garbage.

Boatdesigner
07-20-08, 03:14 PM
Hamilton is a great driver, but it would have been nice to see him make a pass without running the other driver off the track. If Massa or Piquet had played hardball and stayed on the track, we would have seen a wreck. He was so much faster you would think he could have done it a little more cleanly. Massa evidently was having braking issues, so I don't think you can throw him out just yet. Kimi was just plain slow (for him at least) all weekend.

I hope Seabass gets a hang of that car before they throw him out like last years two drivers. Vettel seems to be able to make that car go pretty good, I'd bet he puts Weber in the shade next year.

Lastly, I am so glad they are off Fox now! Even their commentary during the race seems dumbed down. I don't remember the broadcasts being F1 for Dummies when it was on Speed.:shakehead

Insomniac
07-20-08, 04:55 PM
You have problems when you can't pass Piquet. :thumbup: to Hamilton. Good job muscling your way past. They leave the inside wide open for you, take advantage of it! Heikki is now Lewis's bitch. No team orders... :rofl:

Insomniac
07-20-08, 05:49 PM
I forgot to mention that they said on the air that only 99 drivers have ever won a Formula 1 race. That is a small club considering that goes back to 1947.

Methanolandbrats
07-20-08, 10:51 PM
The season is over. Ron found something, BMW is going backwards, the Ferrari is off the pace and nobody is gonna catch Lou.

Michaelhatesfans
07-21-08, 04:20 AM
The season is over. Ron found something, BMW is going backwards, the Ferrari is off the pace and nobody is gonna catch Lou.

I think that in 07 Ferrari rode the coat tails of the Brawn/Schumacher era. I think they're in big trouble now. Massa doesn't strike me as the the one to inspire the team, and I don't think Kimi's the guy to take them forward technically. With Brawn gone and Todt stepping away, we may be seeing a return to the chaos that was there before.

Then again, there's a sick facination watching a pit stop when the tire changers give one another that, "I thought you had the tire" look.

TrueBrit
07-21-08, 04:29 PM
Great race...from the post-race interview it sounded as though Lewis was a bit caught out on the yellow pit-stop strategy...superb charge back through the field to get the win...Massa is a big girl's blouse...the Renault looked like a beast out there...Why are Honda still throwing money at their cars/"drivers"...wouldn't they be better off just spending that money on re-planting the amazon and more properly living up to their "green" stance?

As the second half of the season starts I think that Ferrari are behind the 8-ball, and the McLarens have really upped their game..I expect Max to fine/penalize/ban Team McLaren in fairly short order to make things "fair"...if he can stay out of the brothel long enough...

The last two races have been very entertaining...I hope this trend continues...

Classic Apex
07-21-08, 08:44 PM
Massa is a big girl's blouse.

Massa was obviously demoralized by Hammie's late race pass. He folded like a cheap lawn chair.

Gnam
07-22-08, 01:45 AM
Hamilton's drive was fun to watch, but Peter Windsor thanking Hamilton on behalf of F1 fandom was a little over the top. :shakehead

Plus, apparently, he almost rear ended Maylander in the Safety Car. [story] (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/hamilton-was-fortunate-to-avoid-crash-with-safety-car-873786.html) So that's three near misses in one race, any one of which would have ended in tears. What's the penalty for stacking up the Benz pace car with the Benz F1 car at the Benz track in front of the Benz grandstands?

Also, Vettel blocking Alonso into losing two places was pretty cool, but I'd like to take a lead pipe to whoever's in charge of track safety. "Hey Timo, just walk off that lower back pain. I'm sure you're fine, here's a freaking lawn chair." WTF :saywhat: