PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Acura LMP1 ?

cameraman
07-14-08, 01:25 PM
Okay, I don't track Honda production vehicles as a hobby so does Honda even make a diesel engine for anything other than a delivery truck?

Are they actually talking about a gasoline powered LMP1 and if so are the rules being changed so the Audis and Pugs don't just and them their ass?

Methanolandbrats
07-14-08, 01:30 PM
Okay, I don't track Honda production vehicles as a hobby so does Honda even make a diesel engine for anything other than a delivery truck?

Are they actually talking about a gasoline powered LMP1 and if so are the rules being changed so the Audis and Pugs don't just and them their ass?
They make an incredible diesel lump. Soon to show up in USA.

cameraman
07-14-08, 01:33 PM
Soon to show up in USA.

Like the VW diesels that are being delivered to the dealers one car at a time:rolleyes:

Methanolandbrats
07-14-08, 01:54 PM
Like the VW diesels that are being delivered to the dealers one car at a time:rolleyes:
Those are demo cars. If you want one, order one. I've been driving VWs since the early M1 Golfs, so this is nothing new for VW, always in short supply and late. Automakers are cautiously making diesel plans for USA market. Honda should hit 2010 model year. Here's what I want
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G5TcWg0TMc

Listen to it purr :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo9wRfd4QkI

cameraman
07-14-08, 02:03 PM
Here's what I want

So where are you planning to live in Europe?

extramundane
07-14-08, 02:04 PM

AFAIK, they're going gas/E85/E10, whatever the standard fuel spec is next year. The bigger question seems to be whether they're going to use the engine from the new NSX (or whatever it's called).

The Lola-Aston's been pretty quick, and that's just a semi-factory project that's using a customer chassis. One would suspect that a proper Honda effort with a bespoke chassis would be all the more competitive.

Al Czervik
07-14-08, 02:17 PM
AFAIK, they're going gas/E85/E10, whatever the standard fuel spec is next year. The bigger question seems to be whether they're going to use the engine from the new NSX (or whatever it's called).

The Lola-Aston's been pretty quick, and that's just a semi-factory project that's using a customer chassis. One would suspect that a proper Honda effort with a bespoke chassis would be all the more competitive.

Just like their F1 program!

Methanolandbrats
07-14-08, 02:23 PM
So where are you planning to live in Europe?
Wisconsin :D Once the flow of diesels begins, Suby will have to bring it over. The only downside to boxer gassers is horrible mileage, so the oiler will solve that problem.

Elmo T
07-14-08, 02:40 PM
The only downside to boxer gassers is horrible mileage, so the oiler will solve that problem.

Or premium gas in my 07 Beca... :saywhat:

cameraman
07-14-08, 02:49 PM
The only downside to boxer gassers is horrible mileage, so the oiler will solve that problem.I've got a '95 Outback which came with the 2.2L, 135 hp mill that is conspicuously short on torque (there are quite a few bits of interstate around here with 4th gear grades:irked:) to go along with the mediocre fuel mileage.

Accipiter
07-14-08, 05:34 PM

If Honda buys enough billboard space at Le Mans, the ACO will skew the rules any way they want them to.