PDA

View Full Version : The FIRLtility moves on to nashville

SurfaceUnits
07-12-08, 02:27 PM
http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/build_photo.php?photo_id=73598&size=med&time=1.2306069888624296 :laugh::shakehead

this weekend's special: "Have the entire grandstands to yourself."

cameraman
07-12-08, 05:04 PM
KV, I've never heard of that corporation before:gomer:

mapguy
07-12-08, 06:48 PM
I miss the Jimmy Car.

Don Quixote
07-12-08, 07:47 PM
press release: (Denver) former champcar enthusiast Don Quixote indicates that he may break his promise of not watching any crapwagon races and tune in tonight. The reason for this change in attitude? well, he started grilling his famous chipotle barbeque burgers and, quite frankly, he got a little drunk on red wine. The burgers truned out quite well, thank you very much, but his judgement is now affected by the cheap red wine. And he misses the Jimmy car also. Sorry. :gomer:

dando
07-12-08, 08:08 PM
press release: (Denver) former champcar enthusiast Don Quixote indicates that he may break his promise of not watching any crapwagon races and tune in tonight. The reason for this change in attitude? well, he started grilling his famous chipotle barbeque burgers and, quite frankly, he got a little drunk on red wine. The burgers truned out quite well, thank you very much, but his judgement is now affected by the cheap red wine. And he misses the Jimmy car also. Sorry. :gomer:

Yer just tuning in to see Visible from Space part duex. :gomer:

Please don't tell us the wine came in a box. :yuck: :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
07-12-08, 08:11 PM
So much for Micro. Prolly forgots there aren't any fenders on the crappies. :laugh: He should stayed up @ Lime Rock. :gomer:

-Kevin

FCYTravis
07-12-08, 08:14 PM
JIMMY

RYAN

:(

dando
07-12-08, 08:41 PM
KV, I've never heard of that corporation before:gomer:

Dats cuz it's not. It's an abbreviation for Krappy Vehicle. :tony:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
07-12-08, 09:05 PM
Switching back and forth between Cabs and Earl, they both suck so hard there is no winner, but in between the channels is Spike and Predator........we have a winner :thumbup:

dando
07-12-08, 09:51 PM
Switching back and forth between Cabs and Earl, they both suck so hard there is no winner, but in between the channels is Spike and Predator........we have a winner :thumbup:

Looks like this dog was put out of its misery early.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
07-12-08, 09:52 PM
Just unwatchable. Predator is way way better.

Don Quixote
07-12-08, 09:54 PM
Please don't tell us the wine came in a box. :yuck: :saywhat:

-Kevin No box this time. Costco bargain bin. :thumbup:

Jervis Tetch 1
07-12-08, 11:39 PM
My, they do have nice seats in Nashville.

shaggy_socal
07-13-08, 01:57 AM
Just unwatchable. Predator is way way better.

Go!!! Get to duh choppaaaa!!!

cart7
07-13-08, 08:02 AM
I miss the Jimmy Car.

Maybe they could put ORIO on the side. People might mistake it for the cookie and think they have real sponsorship.
:gomer:

Insomniac
07-13-08, 08:04 AM
Scanning my usual morning sites, I know Cindy McCain was there. However, the same article didn't even mention the actual race.

SurfaceUnits
07-13-08, 11:32 AM
However, the same article didn't even mention the actual race.why would they?

Insomniac
07-13-08, 01:07 PM
why would they?

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but I did go back and check. It went up at 8:33 PM yesterday, so I'm guessing the race was not over by then. I figured she would also be involved in the post-race trophy presentation.

Methanolandbrats
07-13-08, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but I did go back and check. It went up at 8:33 PM yesterday, so I'm guessing the race was not over by then. I figured she would also be involved in the post-race trophy presentation. She probably left after she looked at the stands. Not gonna influence many voters since aluminum planks can't vote.

Andrew Longman
07-13-08, 01:24 PM
I listened to it on XM on the way back from Lime Rock

TK pitted from the lead under yellow for rain drops. Announcer said radar clearly showed heavy rains en route. So he pitted, handed the lead back to Dixon on a track where it is almost impossible to pass, and down came the rains.

Just gave him the win.

Gotta give TK credit though. He was gracious and stood by his team's decision. That's boring, but the right way to act in public... even if your team are idiots

Methanolandbrats
07-13-08, 01:56 PM
I listened to it on XM on the way back from Lime Rock

TK pitted from the lead under yellow for rain drops. Announcer said radar clearly showed heavy rains en route. So he pitted, handed the lead back to Dixon on a track where it is almost impossible to pass, and down came the rains.

Just gave him the win.

Gotta give TK credit though. He was gracious and stood by his team's decision. That's boring, but the right way to act in public... even if your team are idiots You listened to the IRL on the radio :saywhat: What else do you do for fun :D

coolhand
07-13-08, 02:32 PM
UG_Z3ky5lwE

PREDATOR~!!!!!!!!!!

SurfaceUnits
07-13-08, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure if you're serious or not, accourse I was seereeus, why would you waste T&E on something only a paffateer could appreciate?

Andrew Longman
07-13-08, 04:28 PM
You listened to the IRL on the radio :saywhat: What else do you do for fun :D

Meh.

I pay $10 a month for XM. The boys wanted to listen in. Curious how Marco would do in the double. Part morbid curiosity, smaller part wishful thinking. Finally the boys and I, having spent too much time in the car listening to Dad's tired classic rock and blues with more time to go, we wanted something else.

Whatever, we just weren't done with the speed thing :gomer:

Dirk Diggler
07-14-08, 03:23 AM
Holy crap, no one else here sees the irony in the fact that a bunch of people ended up wathing something on Spike instead?

:rofl:

Accipiter
07-14-08, 11:43 AM
Scanning my usual morning sites, I know Cindy McCain was there. However, the same article didn't even mention the actual race.

How did she ever find the time between face lifts?

TKGAngel
07-14-08, 12:07 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a race crowd leave so fast during a rain storm before. And it just looked like it was spritzing during the first rain shower.

I didn't see this elsewhere on OC, but apparently :tony: has hired Bryan Herta to be a driver coach for IV and Ed.

Chief
07-14-08, 02:30 PM
I didn't see this elsewhere on OC, but apparently :tony: has hired Bryan Herta to be a driver coach for IV and Ed.
cOiLeD sNAKes.....oval "speshelists" HEY!:p