PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR meltdown in 5...4...3...

extramundane
07-11-08, 09:23 PM
Obama campaign to sponsor (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/tom_bowles/07/11/obama/index.html?cnn=yes)BAM Racing Toyota at Pocono. BAM is apparently owned by hardcore Republicans, no less.

Should be a fun weekend at Dolanwaggen. :gomer:

Insomniac
07-11-08, 10:31 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if NASCAR bans political sponsorship first.

NismoZ
07-12-08, 09:09 AM
I'd say the Silver Arrows were the ultimate in political advertising in racing, only beaten years later by Sputnik.

Methanolandbrats
07-12-08, 09:37 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if NASCAR bans political sponsorship first. I don't know, if the Cab Leaders are thinking marketing, why not a democratic car, a green car, a republican car, an American Nazi party car, etc.... they have to take Cab Racing a new direction because the old-school stock car fans don't GAF anymore.

NismoZ
07-12-08, 11:13 AM
Bingo! The Pelosimobile! The Hannity Car. "Ford, Fair And Balanced!" The possibilitirs are endless.:cool:

NismoZ
07-12-08, 11:16 AM
An' PS, Hey...how come you put the Nazis in caps but not th' udder t'ree!?:saywhat: Somethin' 'bout you we don't know!? (Must be from Madison)

Methanolandbrats
07-12-08, 11:36 AM
An' PS, Hey...how come you put the Nazis in caps but not th' udder t'ree!?:saywhat: Somethin' 'bout you we don't know!? (Must be from Madison)
Because it started with American you commie :D

Insomniac
07-12-08, 01:43 PM
I don't know, if the Cab Leaders are thinking marketing, why not a democratic car, a green car, a republican car, an American Nazi party car, etc.... they have to take Cab Racing a new direction because the old-school stock car fans don't GAF anymore.

Most can't afford the sponsorship. I doubt they'd be closing many doors.