PDA

View Full Version : web security or not as it were

cameraman
07-08-08, 11:03 PM
What the hell is up with these banking web sites, ya know the one's were you can move all your money at a click, that have password rules that ban the use of `~!@#$%^&*()-_=+?>< and are not case sensitive? What kind of stupidity allows my email password to be something like +g&ij7$M=dkjm but all my money gets abcde3fg:flame:

Insomniac
07-09-08, 01:55 PM
On the flip side, how about ones that require you to change your password every 3 months, but at the same time, you should never write down your password anywhere. Or the ones with 5 security questions, but you don't have answers for all of them. Then capitalization is key, but they hide what you type with asterisks, to answers to questions like "What is your favorite vacation destination?" or "What is the name of your childhood best friend"?. And then 10 months later when you forgot that password they made you change for the 3rd time that year, you wonder, did I use only his/her first name? First and last name? Did I make it real hard for someone who knew me to answer, so I used their entire name? And then you just got locked out of the system. :D

dando
07-09-08, 02:18 PM
Don't get me started with Web security shizzle... :irked:

BoA puts an image on your machine as a security check. The lack of a password standard bedevils me to no end. The absolute worst password rules I have ever seen is for our internal payroll site (ProBusiness). The site requires a combination of numbers and letters (in both cases) and a special character. The there is Chase, which bought Bank One....my login ID was my check card #. @ some point a year or so after the merger, they sent out new check cards, but changed the card number. :mad: Then 2-3 years later they forced the IDs to be changed to alphanumeric. :flame:

-Kevin

Sean Malone
07-09-08, 02:45 PM
I tried changing my gmail password to penis but I got an error saying it wasn't long enough.

stroker
07-09-08, 04:47 PM
I tried changing my gmail password to penis but I got an error saying it wasn't long enough.

so make it "bigpenis". Or "schlong".

:tony:

Cam
07-09-08, 09:38 PM
I like the way my bank here makes you log in. The password entry is via an "on screen" keyboard (https://online.westpac.com.au/esis/Login/SrvPage) so that keyloggers can't be used to snoop out your pwd. :thumbup:

dando
07-09-08, 09:48 PM
so make it "bigpenis". Or "schlong".

Sorry, already taken by me. :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
07-09-08, 10:26 PM
I like the way my bank here makes you log in. The password entry is via an "on screen" keyboard (https://online.westpac.com.au/esis/Login/SrvPage) so that keyloggers can't be used to snoop out your pwd. :thumbup:

Just people watching your screen. ;)