PDA

View Full Version : Danica mows down some more crew

trish
07-06-08, 05:04 PM
What a loser.

Luckily I don't think she actually hit anyone.

Methanolandbrats
07-06-08, 05:06 PM
What a loser.

Luckily I don't think she actually hit anyone. Floyd's boys should have kicked her ass :D

FCYTravis
07-06-08, 05:06 PM
That was one of the scariest (and stupidest) things I have seen in my life. She damn near wiped out an entire pit crew.

trish
07-06-08, 05:10 PM
I don't suppose there's a penalty for this type of thing, is there?

Methanolandbrats
07-06-08, 05:12 PM
I don't suppose there's a penalty for this type of thing, is there? There is no moron flag, so I doubt it.

morgahorse
07-06-08, 05:15 PM
Danica strikes again...

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/72/dppsj0.jpg

trish
07-06-08, 05:18 PM
If she ever makes it to NASCAR, she'll be spending a lot of time in the penalty box over stuff like this. Was that her tire bouncing around as she left her pit?

trish
07-06-08, 05:22 PM
Drive through penalty for the queen of mean.

trish
07-06-08, 05:23 PM
How on earth did Dunno and IV crash under caution?

RusH
07-06-08, 05:23 PM
Hit her AJ....hit her!!!!:rofl:

trish
07-06-08, 05:24 PM
Milka doesn't deserve to be hit. Now Danica.....

pchall
07-06-08, 05:24 PM
Mike Duno and Foyt4 crash out during a FCY! :rofl:

Brainfart might have ordered them to do that, extending the FCY and gifting Foyt Racing with the win.

More hilarity as a Briscoe hits Dixon -- spinning while trying warm up his tires -- the race still under FCY.:rofl:

TKGAngel
07-06-08, 05:25 PM
That was one of the scariest (and stupidest) things I have seen in my life. She damn near wiped out an entire pit crew.

At least she was upset about it. She could have been blaming the TCGR guys for getting in her way.

I wish Tony Cotman would have a chat with her about some of the stuff that's happened recently.

trish
07-06-08, 05:25 PM
Can they finish 12 laps in 25 minutes? lol

Another crash under yellow. Three cars.

These guys are jokes.

Methanolandbrats
07-06-08, 05:27 PM
Dixon :thumbup: Nice job mate :rofl: Rahole clapping, Floyd and the Captain seem tense :rofl:

pitwall3
07-06-08, 05:28 PM
Brisco and Dixon. This has turned into a mass Mongolian Mob screw.

Accipiter
07-06-08, 05:29 PM
There's more action under yellow than under green. :laugh:

trish
Timed race?

Methanolandbrats
Drive through penalty for the queen of mean. Is it really a good idea to have her drive through the pits an additional time :D

trish
07-06-08, 05:30 PM
For the rest of the year, she should have to run every race on one tank of gas and set of tires.

Methanolandbrats
07-06-08, 05:32 PM
Too much of Andretti's junk is still running....here's hoping that gets fixered in the next 10 laps :thumbup:

trish
07-06-08, 05:33 PM
Another full course yellow. They can't blame the transition teams for this crappy race.

How old is Camara? He looks about 40.

pchall
07-06-08, 05:34 PM
Jamie Camara proves his worth in the dirt! More FCY!

I hope that French guy does a lowlight video for YouTube just like he did for Richmond. These last 20 or so laps are really worth tuning in... funny as a flaming bag of dog **** on your doorstep.

RusH
07-06-08, 05:50 PM
Champ Car wins again!!!!!:D

trish
07-06-08, 05:50 PM
How fast will Danica run to her motor home?

Methanolandbrats
07-06-08, 05:51 PM
How fast will Danica run to her motor home? How many Danica jokes can the crews come up with by next week :D

trish
07-06-08, 05:56 PM
She's quick to confront someone when she feels she's been wronged, and does it very publicly. Her apology to the Target team should be given in the same fashion.

Insomniac
07-06-08, 06:12 PM
When I clicked this thread, I thought it was an old one...

Guess I'll have to catch the you tube lowlights.

Wheel-Nut
07-06-08, 06:29 PM
I liked the way the TCGR crew put her wing back on her car. :laugh:

and how about that Helio crap with the Roth Racing crew. They can't even get the starter right!! :rofl:

Spicoli
07-06-08, 07:39 PM
good day to drink at the pool.

silverstone was very fun to watch.

Racing Truth
07-06-08, 08:00 PM
I won't be tooooooo hard on Dixon, as that's not the norm for him, by any means. Still incredibly dumb, but I'll move on.

Milkers and IV, though...:laugh::rofl: Two drivers that deserve each other. Actually, that's not totally fair. Milky is a hazard EVERYWHERE; Foyt only on the r/s circuits (generally).

As for Danica, :shakehead. This is not the first time, and combined with her AWFUL restarts, I'm astounded that she cannot even, consistently, perform the FUNDAMENTALS of this sport. Jeebus.

Congrats though to RHR. Good kid, good driver. :thumbup:

extramundane
07-06-08, 08:22 PM
It's all because road racing & Eurotrash street-race Champcar drivers suck. :tony:

Put the engines back in front and get me Bronco Brad on the phone, plz.

Corner5
07-07-08, 10:08 AM
Danica says "paint was slippery"-

from Indystar-

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. -- This time, the march Danica Patrick made up pit road in the IndyCar Series was to apologize for her mistake.
Patrick, who in May wanted to chastise Ryan Briscoe for his driving in the Indianapolis 500, lost control of her car Sunday at Watkins Glen International, nearly striking Ganassi Racing crew members.

Her apology was met with an explanation from a member of Scott Dixon's crew: She spun when her rear tires crossed the painted yellow line on pit road.
"He just said I hit the paint (line on the track) and the car swapped ends," she said of the crew member who wasn't identified. "What are you going to do?
"Paint is always slippery."
Still, she was embarrassed that she was too aggressive trying to beat Andretti Green Racing teammate Hideki Mutoh out of the pits.
"I just kept the tires lit," she said. "I was running some different gears . . . and I was trying to beat people out of the pits.
"It was stupid."
Patrick slid through Dan Wheldon's pit box and struck a piece of the team's equipment to draw a penalty. She finished 14th.
Fellow AGR driver Tony Kanaan didn't accept the painted-line theory.
"The paint might be slippery, but it's been there all weekend," he said.

robot9000
07-07-08, 10:13 AM
Man, the start of that race sucked big time !!

What happened to Marty "gots no Starters" Roth?*

Milky doughnuts and AJ. What more to say...

Junky dropped like a rock from 3rd to 6th on the last restart. WTF? I'm usually pretty hard on Coyne, but big :thumbup: to them. Seems Junky has given them some encouragment and they are stepping up to the plate. Now if Dale can get some real $$ and freshen up his gear, they might be going places.

Note to Chip: Fat people should never tuck their shirts in. Especially if you are going to be on TV and viewed from an angle. Dude, its the .00's. Get Target to whip up some stylie duds that you don't have to tuck in and look like you are late for your Lamaz class.

* -> okay, on TV they said the starters were electric. I'm inclined to belive them as the 'cable' to it didn't look like an air hose. Um, with all the air hoses used around the pits, why not air powered starters? I am sure they can make them with enought torque to turn over an engine. I would guess its because it would take too much air volume, or air at a different pressure than is used with the guns and air jack. Something along those lines. But it seems that one would try and get some commonality amonge the 'power tools' in the pits.

Insomniac
07-07-08, 10:21 AM

from Indystar-

Phew, Thank goodness it's not her fault. I was beginning to worry she may've made a mistake.

aportinga
07-07-08, 10:41 AM

from Indystar-

That's utter ********. If she hit the paint which sent her flying then why did she keep the throttle open - because it clearly was. So if her excuse was that she intened to correct the error by accelerating - why did she not in the opposite direction.

She should have braked period. But she sucks - period and hasn't a clue what she is doing in the pit lane - period!

Sean Malone
07-07-08, 11:15 AM
Tony K does not like that girl. :D

I watched that amateur show. GOD ^%$& I hate those &*&^%$ cars.

Someone needs to strap Tony G and Brainfart down in a chair and make them watch F1 for a week straight.

Watkins Glen is a milk toast race track. Long sweeping corners with no challenging braking points. Looks more like the slot car track I had as a kid.

It was nice the IRL made it a crew member 'family day' only.

JLMannin
07-07-08, 11:20 AM
Someone needs to strap Tony G and Brainfart down in a chair and make them watch F1 for a week straight.
Please, no!!! They may feel compelled to fix F1, too!.

extramundane
07-07-08, 11:21 AM
I'm going to have "Paint is always slippery" embroidered onto my cryin' doilies.

extramundane
07-07-08, 11:22 AM

Indeed. I read at TF yesterday that Brainfart > F1 because Silverstone had no FCYs. :shakehead :gomer:

Insomniac
07-07-08, 11:51 AM

Max and Bernie are plenty capable of fixing F1.

TKGAngel
07-07-08, 12:25 PM
Fellow AGR driver Tony Kanaan didn't accept the painted-line theory.
"The paint might be slippery, but it's been there all weekend," he said.

I heart TK for that remark alone. But what the heck was he doing driving with a broken wrist that wasn't in a brace of some kind?

And I'll also bet good money that within a day or two there will be a feature on the league's homepage about JW going to Niagara Falls. The Buffalo News reported on JW's itinerary today for some odd reason.

Andrew Longman
07-07-08, 12:33 PM
Cla2JZn1KPg

Just look at that crowd in the most prime seats at the Glen (though I prefer the stands at the bottom of the esses. And look at the crowd response to DP screwing up.

dando
07-07-08, 12:41 PM
Just look at that crowd in the most prime seats at the Glen (though I prefer the stands at the bottom of the esses. And look at the crowd response to DP screwing up.

Check it out...NJtard figgered out how to do the inline utube thing. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
07-07-08, 12:47 PM
Check it out...NJtard figgered out how to do the inline utube thing. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Only took me 3-4 tries and I still had to search the archives for the post that explains it. :gomer:

Corner5
07-07-08, 12:57 PM
Here's another heartfelt moment about Danica,

posted on TF and locked-

Hilltopper

Well, had a run-in with Danica
So there we are, leaving the autograph session and Ms. Patrick was leaving on her moped and passed my son (Iraqi vet on leave) and I, and the moped stalled. We walked up to her and she said she couldn't get it going. My son asked her if she would autograph the DP shirt he bought for his GF (also an Iraqi vet) and she said "sorry, no autographs". We walked away and he said "thanks for supporting the troops". She spun around and said "why did you say that, what did I do to you? I told her "you wouldn't give an autograph to a war vet". Then we walked away. If she was nice I would have told her the fuel shutoff wasn't on 'run'. Oh, the first thing I told her was that he was a vet home on leave.

robot9000
07-07-08, 12:58 PM
Its telling that one guy screws up, mans up and says he was "Bloody Stupid" and spends the first 1/2 of his interview apologizing to the OTHER team.

The other driver danm near amputates the ankles of 1/2 of Chips guys and its "the slippery paint made me do it."

Spicoli
07-07-08, 01:30 PM
my what success this nergification thang has brought us! :rofl:

pineapple
07-07-08, 02:06 PM
:gomer: Don't be so hard on her, she's only trying to emulate her boss. Should be some extra Andretti Driving School shirts laying around.

Time for speedbumps in pitlane.

Spicoli
07-07-08, 03:12 PM
Indeed. I read at TF yesterday that Brainfart > F1 because Silverstone had no FCYs.

This is funny.

Yesserday I was at a family event and wandered into the bar area of the club to watch the BrGP. I went back their several times because the keg my retard cousins bought for the event was Miller Lite - and I will NOT drink that ****. So, my afternoon was spent on necastles and Sammy Summer Ales. :thumbup:

I go back in after the race and order up another one, and there's some old gomer and his posse watchin EARL @ the Glen. Something stupid was done on track - I don;t even remember wtf it was and i started laughing. The old gomer looked at me and said - "Buddy - you got a problem with the IRL?"

:D

I charged back my usual lines, and he "embraced" my discussion.

Gomer's bottom line: "The only reason F1 is so popular in Yurp is cvause they ain;t got NFL or NBA to watch."

:rofl:

You fill in the rest.

cameraman
07-07-08, 03:24 PM
"The only reason F1 is so popular in Yurp is cvause they ain;t got NFL or NBA to watch."

He is why AOW racing will always suck. That whole CART decade was a fluke.:shakehead

Elmo T
07-07-08, 04:02 PM
Princess Pout Alot (PPA) was actually quite nice to my daugher a few years back. My princess wanted to meet the "race car girl" who was driving Atlantics at the time. While I wasn't going to invest in the mandatory swag purchase, PPA still took the time to speak to my daughter.

Fast forward to 2008... now I get to use PPA to explain to my princess about taking responsibility for your actions and not having temper tantrums when things get tough. :rolleyes:

pchall
07-07-08, 04:51 PM
Larry Curry stole all the parts for the team's second car and sold them off as spares after Richmond. ;)

What happened to Marty "gots no Starters" Roth?*

Cam
07-07-08, 09:04 PM
That's utter ********. If she hit the paint which sent her flying then why did she keep the throttle open - because it clearly was. So if her excuse was that she intened to correct the error by accelerating - why did she not in the opposite direction.

She should have braked period. But she sucks - period and hasn't a clue what she is doing in the pit lane - period!

It wuz not the danicles fault. The ecsplaination why is right here. Wilke sez! (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1799854&postcount=107) :shakehead :gomer: :shakehead

Spicoli
07-07-08, 09:15 PM
A. Why are the Target guys still out in the hot pit lane with other cars leaving? Their car was gone.

B. Watch the video again. WAY more smoke out of Danica's car than any other. I think she hit the tire, got jostled in the cockpit and somehow got her foot lodged and the throttle pinned and was too embarrassed to tell anyone.

:rofl: x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

coolhand
07-07-08, 09:45 PM
http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AkDShC1_H8VxN9_RYDNfvbQyNbgF/SIG=12frvckd3/**http%3A//cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/sports%3Fch=5905103%26cl=8691051%26lang=en

Video highlights here. Danica spill half way through.

cameraman
07-07-08, 10:57 PM
Fixxered it

B. Watch the video again. WAY more smoke out of Danica's car than any other. I think she hit the tire, panicked in the cockpit and stood on the throttle and was too embarrassed to tell anyone.

grungex
07-08-08, 12:47 AM
More proof that Igloo-boi knows f***-all about motor racing. :shakehead

Cam
07-08-08, 11:34 PM
Here's another heartfelt moment about Danica,

posted on TF and locked-

Got a link to that one? I am trying to find it, but the entire existence of "Hilltopper" seems to have completely vanished from there. :saywhat: :rolleyes:

pchall
07-09-08, 09:31 AM
http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/build_photo.php?photo_id=73378&size=med&time=2.852793057412158

Michaelhatesfans
07-09-08, 10:25 AM
Wow. That really is off of their own website.:saywhat:

Wheel-Nut
07-09-08, 10:31 AM
She needs to keep her hands on the wheel.

http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/build_photo.php?photo_id=73379&size=med&time=1.3862250429490772

Michaelhatesfans
07-09-08, 10:37 AM
So where's all the paint, then?

Don Quixote
07-09-08, 10:43 AM
The Target dude showed a lot of class and poise to strike a Heisman pose as he was being run down. :thumbup:

Sean Malone
07-09-08, 11:19 AM
The Target crew guy picked up the front wing and put it on the front of her car to which Stoopid Goodyear said "that wasn't a very classy thing for that crewman to do".

The Princess came inches away from SERIOUSLY injuring if not worse, multiple crewman and Goodyear is going to mention how classless it was to plop her front wing on top of her car? What an F'ing TOOL!!

But, they do have targets on the uniforms. :)

EVL29
07-09-08, 02:25 PM
The Target dude showed a lot of class and poise to strike a Heisman pose as he was being run down. :thumbup:

Was thinking more of the Speed Racer pose,jumping out of the Mach 5.

Corner5
07-09-08, 03:36 PM
Got a link to that one? I am trying to find it, but the entire existence of "Hilltopper" seems to have completely vanished from there. :saywhat: :rolleyes:

Here ya go-

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110756

Everyone defends Danica and he even bought a Danica shirt to sign! Also was in line for autographs but didn't make it.

Its funny she didn't know the fuel shutoff wasn't on "run". :D

SurfaceUnits
07-09-08, 08:16 PM
do we know the name of the idiot who painted that line? [danicalsmilie]

pchall
07-09-08, 08:31 PM
Holy crap! She does have both hands off the wheel while crashing through the pits. What a wanker. :shakehead

Can't blame the Target guy kicking her nose wing back in front of her... :eek:

She needs to keep her hands on the wheel.

http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/build_photo.php?photo_id=73379&size=med&time=1.3862250429490772

Cam
07-09-08, 09:59 PM
Why is it that they only got this "incident" from one angle? Usually when something like this happens in the earl the are 99 different angles to document the event. I have only seen the one angle and it cuts away before the crewman gives the danicle her wayward front wing back. Anyone seen a compilation anywhere? :irked:

rabbit
07-09-08, 11:52 PM
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/indycar/2008/wg/indycar-2008-wg-as-0223.jpg
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/indycar/2008/wg/indycar-2008-wg-as-0224.jpg
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/indycar/2008/wg/indycar-2008-wg-as-0225.jpg
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/indycar/2008/wg/indycar-2008-wg-as-0226.jpg

rabbit
07-09-08, 11:53 PM
:saywhat: Doesn't look like she ever made it to the paint.

Methanolandbrats
07-09-08, 11:56 PM
The dumb **** has the thing boarded and she's looking in her mirrors....stoopid X 10

Stu
07-16-08, 11:07 AM
Holy crap! She does have both hands off the wheel while crashing through the pits. What a wanker. :shakehead

Can't blame the Target guy kicking her nose wing back in front of her... :eek:

wgaf if her hands are on the wheel if her car isnt actually moving?

grungex
07-16-08, 12:09 PM
Taking her hands off the wheel is the only smart move she made in the whole incident.