PDA

View Full Version : The 4th Weekend grilling blog

G.
07-05-08, 12:14 AM
'Dogs for lunch, marinated sirloin for sup'. I am now a fan of the sirloin. Not what mama used to feed me.

Tomorrow, prolly "crap" grill stuff, 'dogs, brats, burgers, etc., will have some peeps over. Good stuff, all.

I'm waiting for Sunday! Ribs. And corn.

You?

Methanolandbrats
07-05-08, 01:03 AM
'Dogs for lunch, marinated sirloin for sup'. I am now a fan of the sirloin. Not what mama used to feed me.

Tomorrow, prolly "crap" grill stuff, 'dogs, brats, burgers, etc., will have some peeps over. Good stuff, all.

I'm waiting for Sunday! Ribs. And corn.

You?Never, ever refer to brats as crap or mention them in the same breath as "dogs" or "burgers".....unless they are Johnsonville in which case you are correct. :D

oddlycalm
07-05-08, 02:48 AM
Fresh Copper River Chinook Salmon filet on a cedar plank with a balsamic honey glaze and some rosemary from the garden. I spaced it out playing with the dog and left it on a bit too long and the edges got a bit crunchy, but it was moist and flaky so I didn't get busted...:gomer:

pc

KLang
07-05-08, 08:21 AM
Yesterday was strip steaks.

Put a pork butt in the smoker with some apple wood last night for later today.

Tomorrow will be chicken, either beer can or rotisserie, haven't decided which yet.

Andrew Longman
07-05-08, 08:52 AM
Baby back ribs with homemade pecan BBQ sauce last night and (non Jersey) corn on the cob. Corn sucked. Kids had a huge fight over the last few ribs.

Haven't planned the rest.

Methanolandbrats
07-05-08, 09:01 AM
Fresh Copper River Chinook Salmon filet on a cedar plank with a balsamic honey glaze and some rosemary from the garden. I spaced it out playing with the dog and left it on a bit too long and the edges got a bit crunchy, but it was moist and flaky so I didn't get busted...:gomer:

pc Nice, nobody is gonna top that :thumbup:

eiregosod
07-05-08, 09:51 AM
did the butcher's run out of bacon!

No bacon wrap grilled delights?

:D

This thread makes me hungry. :drool:

Sean Malone
07-05-08, 10:14 AM
Ribeyes and king crab legs with a nice bottle of Pinot Noir.

I thought of the OC crew here and picked up the only IPA my grocery had, Harpoon. A bit too floral for my taste, but it did have a crisp finish just like it said on the bottle. :gomer: It was a big hit with the guests!

I shot off 36 mortar fireworks afterward that made the old lady two houses down VERY nervous, but it all turned out good.

Spicoli
07-05-08, 10:17 AM
chickens.

KLang
07-05-08, 11:18 AM
chickens.

Did you ever figure out how to get that grill lit? :gomer:

G.
07-05-08, 12:20 PM
Nice, nobody is gonna top that :thumbup:
See, that's why I chose the word "crap".

Actually, I'm going on a road trip (45 miles round-trip) to pick up some brats and Polish from a small butcher shop.

oddlycalm
07-05-08, 04:48 PM
See, that's why I chose the word "crap".

Actually, I'm going on a road trip (45 miles round-trip) to pick up some brats and Polish from a small butcher shop.
You wouldn't say crap if you had really good Polish and brats in Illinois or Wisconsin, then flew here the next day and had our sorry local examples as I did one October. I was eating Usingers and drinking Leinies one day in Chicago and the the next I was back here at the Mt. Angel Octoberfest eating horrid sausage and drinking some abomination with cascade hops. :yuck: I had to bite my tongue not to ruin the day for the folks with us.

We have a lot of good food around here but you can skip the sausage IMO.

oc

Methanolandbrats
07-05-08, 07:33 PM
chickens. Did ya raise em in your yard?:gomer:

Ankf00
07-05-08, 10:53 PM
took a brisket to a midwesterner yankee party yesterday. cherry & pecan. it was tits. my best ever.

hillbilly rigged the kettle by the creek and did ABT's all day with garlic chevre stuffing. the new kayak was tits.

non copper river non super fresh, but still wild, sockeye on the smoker right now with rosemary garlic rub, fresh dill and basil from the garden, cherry again. it will be tits.

tia

Spicoli
07-06-08, 01:46 AM
Did you ever figure out how to get that grill lit? :gomer:

http://pixpipeline.com/s/adf1703eec3f.gif (http://pixpipeline.com/d/adf1703eec3f.gif)

Spicoli
07-06-08, 01:48 AM
took a brisket to a midwesterner yankee party yesterday. cherry & pecan. it was tits. my best ever.

hillbilly rigged the kettle by the creek and did ABT's all day with garlic chevre stuffing. the new kayak was tits.

non copper river non super fresh, but still wild, sockeye on the smoker right now with rosemary garlic rub, fresh dill and basil from the garden, cherry again. it will be tits.

tia

wtf dood, ya'll need ta lay off that food channel speak ****.

gimme back my ole Ank. :thumbup:

Ankf00
07-06-08, 02:27 AM
gimme back my ole Ank. :thumbup:

tubing + beer == old ank

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/bouldertubing.jpg

Spicoli
07-06-08, 09:24 AM
nice gay crocs. :D

Audi_A4
07-06-08, 01:48 PM
we made short ribs (beef) Korean style with Kalbi sauce they were yum. easy to make too. .... go to an asian grocery store get some kalbi sauce (korean BBQ) marinate the short ribs in the sauce with a bit of wine, sugar, onion and lots of garlic. they only need to cook for 2-3 minutes a side and voila awesome meat and something a little different