PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Franchitti's #40 team....

Fio1
07-01-08, 04:51 PM
Franchitti's Nascar dream didn't even last a year! http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/8302160?MSNHPHMA

:rofl:From IRL Champ/ Indy 500 Winner, to Nascar Chump in 9 months. :p

Now what? I'm guessing British Touring cars with Vauxhall. :cool:

cameraman
07-01-08, 05:10 PM
Amazing. So one year after winning the Indy 500 Dario has diddly squat while his little brother who was never considered good enough by the Indytards has a full time LMP2 ride with Dyson Racing.:rofl:

nissan gtp
07-01-08, 05:39 PM
fail :laugh:

Sean Malone
07-01-08, 05:39 PM
I'm hoping the same happens when The Princess makes the jump.

Might as well add in Carpeteater, Allminwhatever and Scott Spud.

Feel the love. :thumbup:

Fio1
07-01-08, 06:48 PM
Scott Speed has actually won a few races in the support series' so far in his rookie season in stock cars; he might actually survive like Montoya.

cameraman
07-01-08, 07:00 PM
Hell Scott Speed is second in the points.

39th, 5th, 6th, 1st, 35th, 2nd, 6th, 2nd, 4th and 8th.
The two 30 something finishes were crashes. Otherwise all top ten.

If they weren't ARCA oval races I might even watch but they are so I won't.

Fio1
07-01-08, 10:59 PM
And, he won a Truch Race as well. Not bad for an oval rookie. But Scott Speed has talent, Franchitti doesn't....

Sean Malone
07-01-08, 11:07 PM
Talent shmalent. It's their felating of NASCAR that turns my stomach.

rosawendel
07-02-08, 08:27 AM
so a team kool green reunion could be in the works....

chop456
07-02-08, 08:40 AM
They had enough unions the first time, to be sure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38234000/jpg/_38234427_tracyap300.jpg

Winston Wolfe
07-02-08, 09:05 AM
saw an article on this at Yahoo! and was surprised a bit by this quote :
"The year has not been a total bust for Franchitti, though. He was part of the winning team in the prestigious Rolex 24 at Daytona sports car race, a victory that put him alongside Mario Andretti and A.J. Foyt as the only drivers to win the Indy 500, the IndyCar title, the 12 Hours of Sebring and the Rolex 24."
Sooooo, Dario is in some pretty unique company with Anthony James and the real M. Andretti..... those are some pretty impressive stats, when considered from a "casual fan" perspective... but I was not even aware that he competed in a 12HR Sebring race.
Before we go and put Dario up on that pedestal, another question came up, which is: Didnt Mario also get a Daytona 500 win along with a LeMans win ? and did AJ do the same ? In other words, those two real racers won just about everything in a time when cars and racing were much more competitive that today.
The only thing left for Mr. Judd is a win at the greatest race in the world, which is of course, none other than the Daytoner 500 !

Accipiter
07-02-08, 09:57 AM
"The year has not been a total bust for Franchitti, though. He was part of the winning team in the prestigious Rolex 24 at Daytona sports car race, a victory that put him alongside Mario Andretti and A.J. Foyt as the only drivers to win the Indy 500, the IndyCar title, the 12 Hours of Sebring and the Rolex 24."

He won Sebring in class, both Mario and A.J. won overall, so he doesn't belong on that list. Otherwise, he's very good at winning races that don't exactly mean as much as they used to anymore.

Ziggy
07-02-08, 11:31 AM
Toss that list out the window when one of the requirements is winning an "IRL title" :gomer:

Thanks Tony, as time goes by even the record books become moot

Michaelhatesfans
07-02-08, 11:35 AM
...Before we go and put Dario up on that pedestal, another question came up, which is: Didnt Mario also get a Daytona 500 win along with a LeMans win ?

Le Mans is about the only thing that Mario didn't win. But he did have that F1 driving championship thing. So yeah, Dario is just like Mario.

:cool:

pchall
07-02-08, 12:34 PM
Toss the Daytona 24 Hours from any list as well after 2002.

Toss that list out the window when one of the requirements is winning an "IRL title" :gomer:t

JohnHKart
07-02-08, 01:15 PM
ha ha ha....I love the quote a friend told me from the announcer @Oulton Park about Marino:

"He's the slow Italian, who's not as quick as his brother".

brutal.

Oh and I thought that Dario was fired...the team is gone but they will run him in Nationwide or something else.

John

Insomniac
07-02-08, 03:29 PM
Well, at least Montoya gets more resources now. :)

pchall
07-02-08, 04:27 PM
TCGR will be mediocre in NASCRAP as long as they are haunted by the ghosts of Felix Sabates and Teddy Ruxpin and until somebody hands Cheap the NASCRAP equivalent of the 1996/97 Reynard/Honda/Firestone package.

Well, at least Montoya gets more resources now. :)

Andrew Longman
07-03-08, 07:57 AM
TCGR will be mediocre in NASCRAP as long as they are haunted by the ghosts of Felix Sabates and Teddy Ruxpin and until somebody hands Cheap the NASCRAP equivalent of the 1996/97 Reynard/Honda/Firestone package.

And Nascar's equivalent to Mo Nunn