PDA

View Full Version : Tracy/TKG Breakup Timeline???

KobySon
05-21-03, 10:47 AM
I know this has been beaten to death, but I find this Tracy quote (http://espn.go.com/rpm/cart/2003/0514/1553614.html) puzzling:

"Maybe Barry had thought I was a key component to a sponsorship package. When I told him I wouldn't be back, things got tense. What could I do? I signed with a different team, told him what I was doing and from that point on, things got very tense from the management side, for whatever reason. I feel the fine was sour grapes and Barry was playing hardball."

How did that all happen again? Paul decided to go to Forsythe before or after the team was sold? If after, then Barry just got tense because he wanted to protect Kim and Michael's interest? :confused:

pchall
05-21-03, 11:24 AM
Maybe they thought that going back to Indy with the defending champion was a team asset they couldn't afford to lose?

FTG
05-21-03, 11:35 AM
I take it to mean Honda wanted PT to go IRL, PT said, "FTG" and then things got ugly.

Why was Barry invovled? Probably because the deal was signed, but Honda hadn't sent the check yet.

I believe Barry didn't attend the last few races. Probably split as soon as the check cleared the bank.

Napoleon
05-21-03, 11:41 AM
Does Barry retain a minority interest, or did he get out 100%? Regardless, I am sure he would do what he thought he must to help the new owners.

Ziggy
05-21-03, 11:54 AM
I am sure he would do what he thought he must to help the new owners.

And that racefans, would be to engineer Dan Wheldon's crapwagon

Ziggy

DjDrOmusic
05-21-03, 04:16 PM
Knowing the depths to which TG will go to try and get his way, wouldn't it be something if he actually told Barry Green that if he got PT to play ball, he'd find some evidence that was overlooked and rule that PT did win the 500?

TrueBrit
05-21-03, 04:26 PM
Not a chance..Captain Liverspots would have kittens!!!

KobySon
05-21-03, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by FTG
I take it to mean Honda wanted PT to go IRL, PT said, "FTG" and then things got ugly.

Why was Barry invovled? Probably because the deal was signed, but Honda hadn't sent the check yet.

I believe Barry didn't attend the last few races. Probably split as soon as the check cleared the bank.

ah ha... Barry had to get the deal done - so he was looking at PT as effin' with his yet to arrive money - threatening the deal.

nrc
05-21-03, 04:57 PM
I'm sure Barry's continued presence at AGR was part of the deal. Can't have him out there talking positive about CART.

RichK
05-21-03, 05:05 PM
Barry Green's behavior really surprised me at the end of last year. He WAS my favorite owner because he really seemed like a straight-shooter and a funny guy in general during interviews.

The fact that he is engineering a car at the Speedway 12 months after getting completely shafted there.....damn, it's amazing. But then we live in a racing world where Mario Andretti has an IRL license.

Napoleon
05-21-03, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by nrc
I'm sure Barry's continued presence at AGR was part of the deal. Can't have him out there talking positive about CART.

I absolutely gaurantee that as part of the deal they at least had him on a noncompete agreement and perhaps even a "consulting" agreement that spanned several years.

Lizzerd
05-21-03, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic
Knowing the depths to which TG will go to try and get his way, wouldn't it be something if he actually told Barry Green that if he got PT to play ball, he'd find some evidence that was overlooked and rule that PT did win the 500?

Interesting speculation, Doc. Wouldn't surprise me. What a matchup that would have made for this year's "Spectacle".

The Truth is Out There...