PDA

View Full Version : New Salty Wound: Now with extra salt!

nrc
07-01-08, 01:28 AM
I love watching the classic Bengals games on NFL network. Last week the Freezer Bowl - Ken Anderson shows why he's in the Hall of Fame and nobody remembers Dan Fouts. Oh wait. Well anyway, this week is Bengals/Packers.

Sure, the Bengals' Super Bowl run is behind them by this game, but they've still got some great players and some young talent coming in. It's great to see players like Munoz, Krumrie, Easiasen, and McGee playing again. Harold Green could become a pretty good running back and Carl Pickens wasn't yet a cancer.

But wait. Who's that coach on the sidelines? Please God, no. But yes. It's Dave Shula. <sigh> Yes, it's 1992 and the rapid plunge into the dozen years of suck has begun.

But wait! Maybe there's hope! Majkowski is down! Ha! This kid is throwing the ball around like he doesn't even care which team catches it! What's his name? Farve? Ha. This is gonna be good...

cameraman
07-01-08, 01:39 AM
Now there is some insight into how a very late night November F1 race in Abu Dhabi could actually interfere with football...

Who'd a thunk it possible:eek:

dando
07-01-08, 10:02 AM
I love watching the classic Bengals games on NFL network. Last week the Freezer Bowl - Ken Anderson shows why he's in the Hall of Fame and nobody remembers Dan Fouts. Oh wait. Well anyway, this week is Bengals/Packers.

Sure, the Bengals' Super Bowl run is behind them by this game, but they've still got some great players and some young talent coming in. It's great to see players like Munoz, Krumrie, Easiasen, and McGee playing again. Harold Green could become a pretty good running back and Carl Pickens wasn't yet a cancer.

But wait. Who's that coach on the sidelines? Please God, no. But yes. It's Dave Shula. <sigh> Yes, it's 1992 and the rapid plunge into the dozen years of suck has begun.

But wait! Maybe there's hope! Majkowski is down! Ha! This kid is throwing the ball around like he doesn't even care which team catches it! What's his name? Farve? Ha. This is gonna be good...

I remember that game well. First time we played the Pack in ages (first time I remember them playing @ all). Mebbe you should record it and send a copy to WB. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ziggy
07-01-08, 10:38 AM
Bengals blow goats.

Is Icky working at Sky Line Chili yet?

Stu
07-01-08, 10:48 AM
Bengals blow goats.

Sky Line sucks too.

Andrew Longman
07-01-08, 11:23 AM
Well, you are only 2/3rds of the way to the 18 years of suckage I endured as a kid growing up a Giants fan.

That qualified as child abuse.

And the Yankees turned to suckage at about the same time

Stu
07-01-08, 11:25 AM
Well, you are only 2/3rds of the way to the 18 years of suckage I endured as a kid growing up a Giants fan.

That qualified as child abuse.

And the Yankees turned to suckage at about the same time

none of you have any right to complain about losing streaks.

Andrew Longman
07-01-08, 11:33 AM
none of you have any right to complain about losing streaks.

When your history has no tradition of championships, why do you expect differently? :D runs

Ankf00
07-01-08, 11:59 AM
When your history has no tradition of championships, why do you expect differently? :D runs

this.

nrc
07-01-08, 03:35 PM

Rumor has it that he sold Omaha steaks door to door for a while. These days he sells hot chocolate at the games for his youth foundation and coaches a women's football team.