06-23-08, 03:22 AM
:cry:

KLang
06-23-08, 06:46 AM
Wow :(

RIP.

devilmaster
06-23-08, 07:52 AM
i'm happy to say i saw him twice... I'm sad to say i wanted to see him just once more....

Thanks for the laughs George, you were my favourite. :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
06-23-08, 08:10 AM
From his bio...."brief, troubled stint in the Air Force" :laugh:

eiregosod
06-23-08, 08:55 AM
:cry::cry:

extramundane
06-23-08, 09:39 AM
:( Honestly surprised he made it to 71, but :( nonetheless.

dando
06-23-08, 10:44 AM
****, Piss, ****, ****, ********er, Mother****er, and Tits.

:thumbup:

RIP.

:( :cry:

-Kevin

stroker
06-23-08, 11:16 AM
****, Piss, ****, ****, ********er, Mother****er, and Tits.

:thumbup:

RIP.

:( :cry:

-Kevin

Beat me to it.

:(

JoeBob
06-23-08, 11:23 AM
I was shocked to hear the news this morning, although really, it shouldn't have surprised me.

If you do not own it, you must own this: http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Gold-George-Carlin/dp/B000002JQ8

Three albums from the early 70s, yet not dated at all.

Absolutely remarkable.

dando
06-23-08, 12:11 PM
How fitting. :thumbup:

3PiZSFIVFiU

NSFW

-Kevin

G.
06-23-08, 01:18 PM
One of the greatest.

dando
06-23-08, 02:47 PM
My favorite bit of his (besides the 7 words):

MvgN5gCuLac

:thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Elmo T
06-23-08, 03:27 PM
Funny what we all remember... for my kids, George Carlin was this :( :

http://thomasandfriendsfans.com/thomas_friends.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/45/138946136_ffd43d22cc.jpg

RusH
06-23-08, 06:46 PM

3PiZSFIVFiU

-Kevin

RIP.

I only had 2 videos taken down on youtube, one was by Viacom ...on a Zep video, and the other was by George Carlin.....I`d try again but I fear that would be 3 strikes and you out at youtube.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, sometimes it`s a BBD." :rofl:

nrc
06-23-08, 09:19 PM

I suppose people should know what to expect in this case, but at a minimum this should have some kind of language warning on it.

Sorry to hear about this, Carlin was definitely one of the greats.

Sad to say that I really wasn't a fan of his later work. It seemed to me that he got kind of bitter and mean spirited in his later material.

Methanolandbrats
06-23-08, 09:44 PM
I suppose people should know what to expect in this case, but at a minimum this should have some kind of language warning on it.

Sad to say that I really wasn't a fan of his later work. It seemed to me that he got kind of bitter and mean spirited in his later material.

100% agree.

TravelGal
06-23-08, 09:58 PM
I think it was a case of trying to be more and more extreme and pushing the envelope further and further. Have to agree about the second clip. Laughed my arse off at the first one (because I had just finished packing my STUFF for a trip to San Diego this week) but was not quite as delighted by the second one.

Indy
06-23-08, 10:34 PM
I'll bet he is looking down on you tightasses smiling at the way he is upsetting you. :D

What a loss of a great mind. No one will ever fill his shoes.

TravelGal
06-23-08, 11:13 PM
I'll bet he is looking down on you tightasses smiling at the way he is upsetting you. :D

What a loss of a great mind. No one will ever fill his shoes.

Not if he believes what he said in that second clip! :rofl::rofl:

Methanolandbrats
06-23-08, 11:36 PM

What a loss of a great mind. No one will ever fill his shoes. I'm probably too tight for a big bull like you, but not too tight to enjoy Carlin. Saw him live over three decades and he was definitly reaching at the end. :(

STD
06-23-08, 11:42 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Indy
06-24-08, 11:20 AM
:laugh:

ChampcarShark
06-24-08, 11:47 AM
RIP

G.
06-24-08, 12:32 PM
http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/blog/brainstorm/200806/george-carlins-last-interview

The link kinda says it all, his last interview.

(it's long)

dando
06-24-08, 01:19 PM

Sorry, boss. Shoulda put a NSFW tag on it. :o

-Kevin

dando
06-24-08, 01:20 PM
Classic Baseball vs. Football. SFW.

7WallEDRs0M

:rofl:

-Kevin

Indy
06-24-08, 08:23 PM
Thank you so much for posting that interview, G. It is wonderful, and I am still reading it.

In response to someone regarding Carlin as bitter when he was older, this:

Abraham Maslow said the fully realized man does not identify with the local group. When I saw that, it rang another bell. I thought: bingo! I do not identify with the local group, I do not feel a part of it. I really have never felt like a participant, I’ve always felt like an observer. Always. I only identified this in retrospect, way after the fact, that I have been on the outside, and I don’t like being on the inside. I don’t like being in their world. I’ve never felt comfortable there; I don’t belong to that. So, when he says the “local group,” I take that as meaning a lot of things: the local social clubs or fraternal orders, or lodges or associations or clubs of any kind, things where you sacrifice your individual identity for the sake of a group, for the sake of the group mind. I’ve always felt different and outside. Now, I also extended that, once again in retrospect, as I examined my feelings.

I don’t really identify with America, I don’t really feel like an American or part of the American experience, and I don’t really feel like a member of the human race, to tell you the truth. I know I am, but I really don’t. All the definitions are there, but I don’t really feel a part of it. I think I have found a detached point of view, an ideal emotional detachment from the American experience and culture and the human experience and culture and human choices.

But even if I am a cynic, they say if you scratch a cynic, you find a disappointed idealist—that’s what’s underneath. That’s the little flicker of flame, has a little life in it, the idealist: I would love to be able to entertain that side of me, but it doesn’t work like that. I don’t see what’s in it yet, I mean I just like it out here.

I’m not an angry person, just very disappointed and contemptuous of my fellow humans’ choices—and on stage those feelings sometimes are exaggerated for a theatric stage—you’re on a stage you have an audience of 2500 or 3000 people: you need to project the feelings, the emotions it’s heightened, and people mistake it for a personal anger but it’s more dissatisfaction, disappointment and contempt for these things we’ve settled for.

G.
06-26-08, 03:01 PM
HBO and HBO2 showing all his specials (http://www.hbo.com/events/george-carlin/tribute.html?ntrack_para1=feat_main_image)

doppelganger
06-26-08, 03:19 PM
NBC plans on repeating the first ever SNL from October 11, 1975 this Saturday. George Carlin was the host. Sit back and enjoy. :)

Gnam
06-26-08, 04:20 PM
Funny what we all remember...
True. Good thing he wasn't type cast... :laugh:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4631/020108billandtedwj2.jpg

STD
06-26-08, 04:21 PM
I never saw any bitter old man, just one that stayed true to himself and what he thought. That process took him to places where, as he said, he was complete. Far more to it than just seven words or a few comedy skits . To leave it at that would be a great lose to those so inclined.