PDA

View Full Version : Franchitti DNQs at Infineon

Accipiter
06-22-08, 12:08 AM
Franchitti shocked not to qualify (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68481)

By Diego Mejia Saturday, June 21st 2008, 08:13 GMT

Dario Franchitti said he was 'shocked' by failing to make the field on his Sprint Cup Series road-course debut at Infineon Raceway.

The Scot struggled with a loose car on his qualifying run, on what was expected to be familiar territory for him. Instead, he ended up lapping more than two seconds off the benchmark set by pole-sitter Kasey Kahne.

"We were just loose, very, very loose and that was it," Franchitti said. "The other guys complained about it a bit but I think we were maybe a bit looser even this morning. We felt we got caught out with it.

"I'm kind of shocked right now that we come to a road course and didn't qualify."

:shakehead

NASCAR is hard.

extramundane
06-22-08, 12:49 AM
Driving for Chippy's awful NASCAR team is hard.

Fix3r3d.

oddlycalm
06-22-08, 05:58 AM
No doubt driving a 3500lb car with hard skinny tires is very difficult and takes a lot of patience and considerable experience. Unfortunately, it seems that sliding cabs around in slow motion is something Dario isn't well suited for. Maybe he lacks that bass fishing background that teaches the patience and skills necessary...:\

oc

eiregosod
06-22-08, 06:33 AM
No doubt driving a 3500lb car with hard skinny tires is very difficult and takes a lot of patience and considerable experience. Unfortunately, it seems that sliding cabs around in slow motion is something Dario isn't well suited for. Maybe he lacks that bass fishing background that teaches the patience and skills necessary...:\

oc

Bass fishing and NASCAR, they have the same sponsors, and bass fishing pays more than certain self-proclaimed professional USA-only racing series.

Fio1
06-22-08, 08:23 AM
Sorry mate, but once you go Earl, you can't really consider yourself a road racer anymore. To be honest, I'm not surprised. Put Franchesse in the Scotish A1GP car (if they get one) and he'll be fighting with Lebanon (not Rahal) and Pakistan for 22nd. :shakehead

But that is pretty funny anyways! :rofl:

Accipiter
06-22-08, 03:45 PM
Fix3r3d.

Sure, they're not great, but the times speak for themselves:

21. 42 Juan Montoya Dodge 1:18.704
27. 41 Scott Pruett Dodge 1:18.808
DNQ 40 Dario Franchitti* Dodge 1:19.822

Accipiter
06-23-08, 11:44 AM
Kyle Busch is still a prick, but those were some nice Zanardi quality donuts he layed down after his win. :thumbup:

extramundane
06-23-08, 11:49 AM
Sure, they're not great, but the times speak for themselves:

21. 42 Juan Montoya Dodge 1:18.704
27. 41 Scott Pruett Dodge 1:18.808
DNQ 40 Dario Franchitti* Dodge 1:19.822

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Dario's failures. But getting in with a team that's actually shown itself to be competent on a regular basis works wonders.

Michaelhatesfans
06-23-08, 01:27 PM
"I'm kind of shocked right now that we come to a road course and didn't qualify."

What, you spend five years droning around ovals in crapwagons and you're shocked that your road racing skills aren't what they used to be?

Who would have thought?:shakehead