PDA

View Full Version : F1 tape delayed on Fox v. Crapwagons live on ABC

pchall
06-20-08, 07:08 AM
Which one will you record for later viewing?

Wonder what the ratings will be for each...

Insomniac
06-20-08, 08:20 AM
Which one will you record for later viewing?

Wonder what the ratings will be for each...

I'll record F1 so I don't have to watch commercials. It's already tape delayed, what's another 20 mins? Not recording or watching the IRL. I don't care enough.

I think the ratings will be pretty close.

SAdair
06-20-08, 08:52 AM
DVRs are wonderful. I will record both and probably flip between the two during the races.

Methanolandbrats
06-20-08, 09:20 AM
F1 "live". No interest in watching IRL sleds circle the corn hole. Will nap/watch cabs try to brake and turn right.

Accipiter
06-20-08, 09:46 AM
It will be interesting to see how the ratings break down.

Fio1
06-20-08, 11:30 AM
DVDR the F1 race. Start watching after 1/2 hour, skip over commercials and start watching IRL live with 20 laps to go...
The crapwagons are in Iowa, right? Talk about wrong place at the wrong time to hold a race....

Tifosi24
06-20-08, 12:11 PM
DVDR the F1 race. Start watching after 1/2 hour, skip over commercials and start watching IRL live with 20 laps to go...
The crapwagons are in Iowa, right? Talk about wrong place at the wrong time to hold a race....

It's an upgrade over 1993 when they had to cancel the Des Moines Grand Prix mid-weekend since the flooding made the downtown bridges unsafe. Flooding shouldn't effect the gate anymore than having the race in Newton.

cameraman
06-20-08, 12:33 PM
I'll watch the F1 race sometime Sunday night after peace & quiet have returned. I'll watch the IRL race, ummm, on the 12th of never.

KLang
06-20-08, 12:52 PM
It's an upgrade over 1993 when they had to cancel the Des Moines Grand Prix mid-weekend since the flooding made the downtown bridges unsafe.

There was also no electricity or running water when we woke up Sunday morning.

racermike
06-20-08, 02:29 PM
Or you can watch the race live on this link

http://mikesf1.890m.com/simulcastPlayer_02.swf

pchall
06-20-08, 03:16 PM
'cabs at Snorecoma! forgot all about that!

oddlycalm
06-20-08, 04:01 PM
I'll start watching the F1 race 40 minutes in and skip the commercials per usual. Also per usual the only parts of the EARL race I see will be what they show on Speed Report. I'll be watching the MotoGP race as always.

oc

Gnam
06-20-08, 04:26 PM
Two week old Star Mazda race at Watkins Glen > EARL

on Speed: Sat @ 12pm, barring any hew-haw updates/extended coverage

Easy
06-20-08, 05:45 PM
2 channel DVR:thumbup:

I'll be at Road America till mid afternoon. Maybe I'll catch the Sonoma cab fest somewhere on the way home.

gjc2
06-20-08, 06:11 PM
Other than the I500 I have no interest in the Crapwagon League. I like the Cup road races. I'll watch F1 whenever it's on.

Elmo T
06-20-08, 10:44 PM
Tune in for F1 on Sirius 125.

I caught a bit of a rebroadcast last week - wasn't too bad. :thumbup:

RusH
06-20-08, 11:08 PM

And many others

Thank God for Al Gore :gomer:

The Internet RuLz :thumbup:

High Sided
06-21-08, 02:01 PM
I'll be watching the MotoGP race as always.

oc

with an american bonus "Ben Spies" starting 8th

Sean Malone
06-21-08, 02:07 PM
I'll start watching the F1 race 40 minutes in and skip the commercials per usual. Also per usual the only parts of the EARL race I see will be what they show on Speed Report. I'll be watching the MotoGP race as always.

oc

I've been following MotoGP closely this year and while I love the racing, the broadcast is choppy and dry. Pales in comparison to the F1 show.
WSB is great too, but the broadcast is like watching NASCAR. Why do American's insist on playing to the lowest common denominator?

Indy
06-21-08, 03:05 PM
Because most Americans fit that category?

Spicoli
06-21-08, 05:18 PM
I've been following MotoGP closely this year and while I love the racing, the broadcast is choppy and dry. Pales in comparison to the F1 show.
WSB is great too, but the broadcast is like watching NASCAR. Why do American's insist on playing to the lowest common denominator?

Towson University.

TedN
06-21-08, 06:37 PM

That site says 1:00 pm showing.

Ted

emjaya
06-21-08, 07:28 PM
That site says 1:00 pm showing.

Ted

1pm where? France? :confused:

Insomniac
06-22-08, 12:00 AM
1pm where? France? :confused:

Not unless he has a time machine or that includes a 1 hour pre-race show. The race is at 2 PM in France. :)

Insomniac
06-22-08, 12:01 AM
Kovalinen lost 5 spots for blocking Webber in qualifying. Rain is in the forecast. Hamilton starts in between Torro Roso.

extramundane
06-22-08, 12:42 AM
Kovalinen lost 5 spots for blocking Webber in qualifying. Rain is in the forecast. Hamilton starts in between Torro Roso.

Could be quite an interesting race. Or the Red Cars could run away with it. Pray for rain, I guess.

Oh, and, KUBICAMANIA! :thumbup:

cameraman
06-22-08, 12:53 AM
Got to say that was the least interesting qualifying session I can remember. The McLarens are mired in the back, the BMWs are back to their slow selves. The two Ferraris are going to drive away from the field unless it rains.

RusH
06-22-08, 06:40 AM
Got to say that was the least interesting qualifying session I can remember. The McLarens are mired in the back, the BMWs are back to their slow selves. The two Ferraris are going to drive away from the field unless it rains.

Not only all that.....it`s Frenchy Coors :gomer:

Insomniac
06-22-08, 03:16 PM

They didn't just pull away, they crushed the field.

The FIA is so slow to give out penalties. They take forever, and instead of just making Hamilton give the spot back they give him a drive through. Here's a hint: If it takes forever to investigate an incident, then just let it go. Hobbs (I think it was him) also seems to feel they're out to get McLaren too.

Nice bump there from from Trulli. He's a master at keeping faster cars behind.

I think BMW's only hope of winning the championship is more events like Canada where the leaders take each other out. Slow and steady doesn't win the championship.

opinionated ow
06-22-08, 06:00 PM
They didn't just pull away, they crushed the field.

The FIA is so slow to give out penalties. They take forever, and instead of just making Hamilton give the spot back they give him a drive through. Here's a hint: If it takes forever to investigate an incident, then just let it go. Hobbs (I think it was him) also seems to feel they're out to get McLaren too.

Nice bump there from from Trulli. He's a master at keeping faster cars behind.

I think BMW's only hope of winning the championship is more events like Canada where the leaders take each other out. Slow and steady doesn't win the championship.

standard practice is to give back the positions you gain...no sympathy for cheating.

Jervis Tetch 1
06-22-08, 06:18 PM
F1. As if...

Insomniac
06-22-08, 06:25 PM
standard practice is to give back the positions you gain...no sympathy for cheating.

Yes, and I acknowledged that. It shouldn't take 13 laps to assess a penalty.

Accipiter
06-25-08, 09:43 AM
Anyone have the TV numbers?

cameraman
06-25-08, 12:58 PM
Yes, and I acknowledged that. It shouldn't take 13 laps to assess a penalty. We don't know how long it took for McLaren to respond to the penalty. We will never know the exact time line of the whole thing.

Insomniac
06-25-08, 02:24 PM
We don't know how long it took for McLaren to respond to the penalty. We will never know the exact time line of the whole thing.

If you go by the onscreen graphics, it took about that long. Plus, do you think they'd let him keep going and not take the penalty for more than a couple laps? They park guys for violating a stop light.

doppelganger
06-26-08, 03:28 PM
Taped the F1 race to watch later in the day and enjoyed a beautiful summer afternoon.

There was an IRL race? Who knew? Who cares?

pchall
06-26-08, 07:56 PM
More people cared about F1 on Fox than the other stuff:

Swiped from elsewhere:

Actually the real ratings are-

ETHANL-250-ABC _0.7

FORMULA 1-FOX _1.4

The Irl is down from 1.1 last year and was beat by F1 again.

Should we conclude that all of us watching the F1 race made for the 0.4 ratings hit?

Taped the F1 race to watch later in the day and enjoyed a beautiful summer afternoon.

There was an IRL race? Who knew? Who cares?

Accipiter
06-27-08, 10:43 AM
I saw those numbers somewhere else and it was claimed that they were just local numbers.

Doesn't really matter, I guess. 100% of the people in my household watched the F1 race. ;)

SurfaceUnits
06-27-08, 05:05 PM
I can confirm the IRl number, as my total viewing time of the Imitation Racing Leeg Cornhole 250 was right at 0.7 seconds.