PDA

View Full Version : toobing

Ankf00
06-14-08, 11:20 PM
it's a tad different up here. Coast Guard class III pfd and helmet preferred :D

dando
06-14-08, 11:25 PM
it's a tad different up here. Coast Guard class III pfd and helmet preferred :D

Isn't that called rafting? I've been class III before....wanna try class IV someday, but the ol' lady isn't interested after the class III funness. :irked: I need me a new ol' lady. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-14-08, 11:48 PM
rafting involves a raft.

toobing involves an innertube :D

dando
06-15-08, 12:19 AM
rafting involves a raft.

toobing involves an innertube :D

I ain't gettin' on no toob requiring a helmet. :saywhat: Get your @ss in a raft and hit some rapids. **** toobs. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-15-08, 12:37 AM
we had a couple of kayaks too. toobing's just to change it up :tony:

coolhand
06-15-08, 01:08 AM
I've done Class IV on the Kenai Peninsula. All you do is focus on paddling the direction the guides says, get a lot of water in your face. Finally you look up and it is over. :saywhat: that fast.

dando
06-15-08, 02:03 AM
I've done Class IV on the Kenai Peninsula. All you do is focus on paddling the direction the guides says, get a lot of water in your face. Finally you look up and it is over. :saywhat: that fast.

Well the Lower and Upper Gauley in WVU are ~1 hour adventures. Our fun on the Lower was going by 'Otter' Rock, as in oughta be on the right. We were on the left. :eek: We ended up beached on the rock, and two of us had to get out and climb onto the mossy, slippery rock on which we were perchede...I was one of them. While I watched what looked like 10 fire hoses of water pound the front of the boat, I had to jump off the rock and into the boat once the guide released us from the obstacle we were stuck on. :eek: Needless to say it was quite fun scrambling back onto the raft and then furiously paddling to avoid our next obstacle. Needless to say the beers @ the end of the trip were quite tasty. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-15-08, 02:43 AM

multi-day private trips > 2 hour commercial trips

Wheel-Nut
06-16-08, 12:04 PM
I've done the upper and lower New River in WV. I much rather a lazy float down the Guadalupe with a tube full of beer in tow.

nrc
06-16-08, 09:30 PM
"Backlot River" at the MGM Grand. That's all I got. :D

dando
06-16-08, 09:58 PM
"Backlot River" at the MGM Grand. That's all I got. :D

I thought you'd be all over tubing down Main Street last Thurs PM. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

nrc
06-17-08, 03:32 PM
I thought you'd be all over tubing down Main Street last Thurs PM. :gomer: :p

-Kevin
I had the sense to leave work early that day. Went home, took a nap and slept through the storm. Woke up with no power.

Anyway, the ladies along Main St. are nothing like the ladies along 'Backlot River'.