PDA

View Full Version : RIP, Tim Russert

dando
06-13-08, 03:46 PM
Brokaw just announced he died today @ 58....collapsed @ work. My favorite political pundit. :(

-Kevin

TKGAngel
06-13-08, 03:53 PM
Shocked, stunned and speechless. :cry:

Local news tonight is going to be heartbreaking.

dando
06-13-08, 03:55 PM
Shocked, stunned and speechless. :cry:

Local news tonight is going to be heartbreaking.

He had apparently just helped move Bg Russ recently. Big Russ is in his 80s. Sunday AM and election night won't be the same.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
06-13-08, 03:56 PM
OMG

Good man who took his craft seriously

I feel awful for Maureen and Luke. They deserved more more of this man's life

dando
06-13-08, 04:09 PM
I feel awful for Maureen and Luke. They deserved more more of this man's life

They just returned from a family vacation to Italy, so @ least they had that to share. What a shame. :(

-Kevin

TKGAngel
06-13-08, 04:13 PM
He had apparently just helped move Bg Russ recently. Big Russ is in his 80s. Sunday AM and election night won't be the same.

-Kevin

Who can forget him with his dry erase board on Election Night in 2000? I liked him because he made the crazy world of politics make sense, while not sounding like he was talking down to anyone.

Such a shame that such a big Buffalo booster will never get to see the Bills/Sabres win that first championship for the city.

Sean O'Gorman
06-13-08, 05:59 PM
I don't really know anything about him, but he was probably CSU's (well, Cleveland-Marshall Law School) most famous graduate.

Racing Truth
06-13-08, 07:06 PM
:(:cry: I saw the announcement live on NBC. One of the more stunning, sad moments I've seen on TV news. Brokaw struggled to keep it together.

Shocking and sad.

Michaelhatesfans
06-13-08, 07:36 PM
Who can forget him with his dry erase board on Election Night in 2000?

My first thought, as well. The only bright spot of the night.

JohnHKart
06-13-08, 09:48 PM
Ive always liked him. When discussing him with coworkers I mentioned he had sparkle and enthusiasm in his eyes for the subject. You could tell he was really into this stuff. And damn...we need him, with five months to go before the election. Tragic.

Methanolandbrats
06-13-08, 11:49 PM
Yikes, his doctor did an autopsy and a hunk of plaque broke off and killed him. He had artery disease in one artery and the doctor said a stress test the morning he died would have been normal. :eek: Kinda points out that just getting out of bed is a coin flip.

dando
06-18-08, 07:42 PM
The dude was eulogized like a head of state. Amazing. Brought tears to me eyes many a time over the weekend. :cry: Even The Boss played for him. :eek:

XTW0k7_dU-E

:thumbup:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
06-18-08, 09:15 PM
I cannot get over how poised and composed Luke Russert was during his interview with Matt Lauer yesterday. Local news said that Big Russ could not make the funeral because he couldn't travel, but the folks at NBC News were putting a dvd together for him.

dando
06-18-08, 09:46 PM
I cannot get over how poised and composed Luke Russert was during his interview with Matt Lauer yesterday. Local news said that Big Russ could not make the funeral because he couldn't travel, but the folks at NBC News were putting a dvd together for him.

You mean Monday. :) His composure during the funeral was also amazing. That apple didn't fall far from the tree. :thumbup:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
06-19-08, 08:11 AM
You mean Monday. :) His composure during the funeral was also amazing. That apple didn't fall far from the tree. :thumbup:

-Kevin

I did mean Monday. Sorry. Its been wall-to-wall Russert on the newscasts here. Things are starting to blur together.