PDA

View Full Version : F1 better watch out?

Accipiter
06-08-08, 09:34 PM
Why IndyCar Is Destined To Overtake Formula One (http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/28077-Why-IndyCar-Is-Destined-To-Overtake-Formula-One)

:saywhat:

miatanut
06-08-08, 09:40 PM
:rofl:

Indy
06-08-08, 10:00 PM
His basic argument is that Indy Car is more "competitive." I want to know when the word competitive morphed. In the stick and ball world, if a club is not competitive, it means they have little chance to win. But to say the National League, for example, is not competitive because one team dominates is stretching that meaning too far.

Bottom line: Formula 1 is FAR more competitive than Indy Car, because it is so damned hard to win there. What the idiot who wrote this article meant to imply is that Indy Car is poised to take over the world because it is so artificially leveled.

Good luck with that, 'Tard.

opinionated ow
06-08-08, 10:10 PM
he must subscribe to the redneck theory that America is the world....

RHR_Fan
06-09-08, 02:36 AM
he must subscribe to the redneck theory that America is the world....

You mean we're not? :eek::rofl:

Andrew Longman
06-09-08, 06:54 AM
Danica, Helio, are Dixie are all committed to American ovals for the foreseeable future, as opposed to the European road courses of Formula One.This season is much different for the Indy Racing League.

As opposed to 2007, when the series' two top drivers’ departures made the biggest headlines of the season, the IRL finds itself in a much more comfortable position in 2008, especially against Formula One. With the sudden ability to retain all of its drivers, the league appears poised to build a solid foundation of drivers and teams that may last 10 years down the road.

The reunification of the IndyCar Series and the Champ Car World Series this season, as well as the continued domination of Ferrari and McLaren in Formula One, hint that the top American open-wheel racing series may soon claim superiority over its more expensive European counterpart.

Last week Edmonton is officially added to the 08 schedule and TO to be added in 09. Kanaan and others tell Gossage to stuff his 80% oval idea

Out of options in NASCAR, John Andretti is "retained" for the rest of the season in ICS

BMW wins and takes over the points lead

And ICS runs their second most popular race on tape delay in the dead of night with pruduction FUBAR

Elmo T
06-09-08, 08:20 AM
The numbers don’t lie.

Things are different now.

Truer words have never been spoken about the state of open wheel racing. :shakehead

SurfaceUnits
06-09-08, 08:53 AM
welcome to 13 years ago :laugh:

emjaya
06-09-08, 08:57 AM
Drivers are excited to compete in the new series, with many of them no longer even considering NASCAR offers. Fans are excited to see all of their favorite stars competing in the same place again. Perhaps most of all, executives are excited for the series’ future prospects, with many projecting an eminent boom for the series—more sponsors, more chassis and engine manufacturers, more teams and drivers, more races in more locations.Truth be told, it’s only a matter of time before Formula One fans grow tired of the sport’s politics and parades and shift their allegiances to the Indy Racing League.

:saywhat: :rofl:
Who does he think he is kidding?

Insomniac
06-09-08, 09:19 AM
:rofl: One F1 teams budget destroys the combined budget of the entire IRL.

SurfaceUnits
06-09-08, 09:32 AM
I amagione he will change his mind after Danica gets her F1 contract with her empressive drive in November

SteveH
06-09-08, 10:40 AM
I amagione he will change his mind after Danica gets her F1 contract with her empressive drive in November

Accourse! :thumbup:

CQ
06-09-08, 04:14 PM

I amageon shes off to nascarland next year or in 2010.

This is just another IMS press release posted as journalism by a lazy (or bribed) writer.

:shakehead

SurfaceUnits
06-09-08, 04:49 PM
All reports of paid shills int he IRl were paid for by our detractors [/fred]

eiregosod
06-09-08, 04:55 PM
Is this guy FTG in disguise?

The EARL was supposed to be bigger than F1 by now :laugh::laugh:

L8R duds.

Accipiter
06-09-08, 05:39 PM
"Our goal in five years is to be the premier motor sports series in the world. Yes, that means when compared to NASCAR and Formula One."

Tony George - May 21, 2002

Andrew Longman
06-09-08, 05:52 PM
It all depends on the meaning of "premier"

The Irl is the only series to race in the Greatest Spectacle in Racing at the most famed speedway in all of motor sport

:tony:

NismoZ
06-09-08, 05:52 PM
Huh, ANOTHER 5 year plan that went bust.:shakehead

oddlycalm
06-09-08, 06:32 PM
Writer's bio: "I am an aspiring journalist who has followed every major racing series - NASCAR, IndyCar, and Formula 1 - since I was a kid. This is just one step on the way to doing that for a living."

Uh huh, good luck with that. Unfortunately for kwalty tewl Chris, TG is currently 15yrs behind on his 2002 5yr plan for world domination. :tony:

Chris should re-title it 'The New Math' and submit it to 'Redneck Fantasies' magazine.

oc

Jervis Tetch 1
06-09-08, 07:40 PM
:rofl:

pchall
06-09-08, 08:33 PM
Could this be Racewriter? :p

Writer's bio: "I am an aspiring journalist who has followed every major racing series - NASCAR, IndyCar, and Formula 1 - since I was a kid. This is just one step on the way to doing that for a living."

Insomniac
06-10-08, 08:50 AM

Uh huh, good luck with that. Unfortunately for kwalty tewl Chris, TG is currently 15yrs behind on his 2002 5yr plan for world domination. :tony:

Chris should re-title it 'The New Math' and submit it to 'Redneck Fantasies' magazine.

oc

I guess he is still a kid, was a kid until recently, or CART was never a major racing series.

Chaos
06-10-08, 03:31 PM
The link does not work, but it sounds like it is one of the dumber theories someone has ever come up with. Right up there with it's ABC's fault that the IRL gets **** ratings.

oddlycalm
06-10-08, 04:06 PM
Could this be Racewriter? :p This seems a little complex for him and he currently hates the EARL. No worries though, if you're looking for a bozo with delusions of being a racing journalist who is suffering acute rectal myopia (near sightedness due to insertion) there is a bumper crop. :D

oc

Gnam
06-10-08, 04:44 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/28077-Why-IndyCar-Is-Destined-To-Overtake-Formula-One-070608

Back when Schumacher was dominating F1 and CART was still kicking, I agreed with the argument that F1 was not a 'competitive' series. Passing was rare and the outcomes seemed predictable.

But Massa's F1 of today is not Schumacher's F1, and IndyCar is not CART.

cart7
06-11-08, 04:19 AM
Certainly in this country he's right.

pchall
06-11-08, 06:52 AM
"Competitive" in the NFL is 8 and 8 and being one win away from the playoffs. In my book that is mediocrity. But that is the way of the IRL, where the rules put almost every team and driver at "8 and 8" and one lucky break in the pit stop sequence away from winning.

For whatever reason gomers of all stripes love mediocrity and there are more gomers out there than the rest of us. That's why we'll most likely never see F1's kind of commitment and excellence in North American motorsports again. Gomers rule and we're stuck with mediocrity in racing: IRL, Grand Am, and NASCAR.

His basic argument is that Indy Car is more "competitive." I want to know when the word competitive morphed. In the stick and ball world, if a club is not competitive, it means they have little chance to win. But to say the National League, for example, is not competitive because one team dominates is stretching that meaning too far.

Bottom line: Formula 1 is FAR more competitive than Indy Car, because it is so damned hard to win there. What the idiot who wrote this article meant to imply is that Indy Car is poised to take over the world because it is so artificially leveled.

Good luck with that, 'Tard.

oddlycalm
06-11-08, 09:52 PM
For whatever reason gomers of all stripes love mediocrity and there are more gomers out there than the rest of us. That's why we'll most likely never see F1's kind of commitment and excellence in North American motorsports again.
You're statement applies to a lot more than racing Pete, but it's hell for true about that.

oc

SurfaceUnits
06-12-08, 12:33 AM
IRl seekings gomers whirled wide:

Staying true to TOneys' original VIsions:

Indy Racing League officials were in Mexico City early this week to look at a possible location for a race there, which could be held as early as 2009. It may have to be pushed to 2010, depending on scheduling conflicts, but IRL officials are bullish on the market south of the border.

And Mexico City isn’t the only market in Mexico the IRL is considering, said sources within the league. If things can’t be worked out to bring a race to Mexico City, IRL officials have indicated they have other options in Mexico, which has a growing motorsports following and a solid corporate sponsorship base. The IRL is hoping to get everything worked out to make an announcement by mid-July about its plans in Mexico.

There are a number of markets worldwide the IRL is considering expanding into, but team and series officials have concerns about escalating expenses that go along with a longer season. Series officials also want to assure each new market has the infrastructure and marketing muscle to help the IRL grow.

SurfaceUnits
06-14-08, 07:23 PM
Certainly in this country he's right.
are there anymore tracks in the US certified by FIA for F1 races or does TOney own F1 here

cameraman
06-14-08, 09:43 PM
I don't think any other facility in the US has the gold plated pit facilities, track up to current spec and 150K+ crowd facilities. Not to mention that nobody else has the cash to front one. It is Indy or nothing.

Dirk Diggler
06-15-08, 12:58 AM
You're statement applies to a lot more than racing Pete...

Yeah, everything from beer to politics, unfortunately.

Sean Malone
06-15-08, 01:19 AM
Does this mean we really are the elitist 'wine and cheese' crowd we were always accused of being?

I had a bottle of a Californian Pinot Noir ('05 Rodney Strong) tonight that was FANTASTIC! Cheap too at $23.

Just sayin'.

Cam
06-15-08, 07:33 AM
Does this mean we really are the elitist 'wine and cheese' crowd we were always accused of being?

I had a bottle of a Californian Pinot Noir ('05 Rodney Strong) tonight that was FANTASTIC! Cheap too at $23.

Just sayin'.

What? No camembert? ;)

Spicoli
06-15-08, 10:11 AM
i needed the laugh. :laugh: