PDA

View Full Version : The latest from Eddie

Wally
06-06-08, 05:07 PM
I am not sure where to even start with this one.......:shakehead

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/indycar/columns/story?columnist=blount_terry&id=3427627

Methanolandbrats
06-06-08, 05:21 PM
I am not sure where to even start with this one.......:shakehead

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/indycar/columns/story?columnist=blount_terry&id=3427627
Eddie is a f'n idiot.........and of course they have to include a quote and photo of the bitter, mid-packer slut to support his views. :yuck:

cart7
06-06-08, 05:48 PM
Of course, Eddie helped TG and the earl make the decision to add a road course by removing one of his 2 races from the IRL schedule a few years ago. :gomer:

Sean Malone
06-06-08, 06:24 PM
There are so many things wrong with that article I don't know where to begin. So I won't.

RusH
06-06-08, 06:46 PM
Eddie is on a mission. He is even posting in forums..(guess where).

The more I watch what is left of the sport, the more I watch footy.

Don Quixote
06-06-08, 07:06 PM
Maybe he will start his own open wheel racing league. :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
06-06-08, 07:22 PM
Gossage... He knows some Champ Car enthusiasts believe open-wheel cars shouldn't race on high-banked ovals like TMS.

"The truth is it's not for them to decide," Gossage said. "They lost this fight. I hope that's not something the IRL is struggling with, and I don't think they are.

:rolleyes:

Insomniac
06-06-08, 07:28 PM
Danica talking about not forgetting where they came from is rich.

STD
06-06-08, 07:47 PM
:laugh:

eiregosod
06-07-08, 08:12 AM
The custodians of the Indy and all things related should be appalled that Gossard-bra said that the Indy 500 & TMS wonned the war. The only thing the EARL has going for itself is the Mindy 500. TNMS was so suckcessful that they dropped an EARL race :laugh:

I think TMS has a road course section, dont know why he is so against road courses, unless he's trying to appeal to the rage of the average Tejan gomertards.

the track is open 10 years, and Gossard claims it has a tradition.

One wuld expect Gossard to be smarmy and try to to woo the champcar fans. The people who didnt race in 2001 are the at the top end of the EARL grid. remind me never to spend a nickle at TMS, not likely that I ever would, but Eddie treats potential customers like dirt.

eiregosod
06-07-08, 08:28 AM
LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SjPvoo_n8w

Eddie "King of the rednecks", thinks that a 1978 TransAm is a classic car :yuck::yuck::gomer:

Accipiter
06-07-08, 10:20 AM
He better watch out or they will put an asterisk next to his face on the Borg Warner Trophy.

^ Ignore that ^

Though it is not what I would prefer, I wouldn't completely hate an 80/20 oval road course split as long as none of the ovals was the Texas Motor Speedway.

TedN
06-07-08, 10:38 AM
Some driver scorned his comments, while others simply brushed them off.

"If that's the way he feels, then we shouldn't race here," Tony Kanaan said. "It amazes me that he said that. If somebody who has such good vision and can organise a race as good as this thinks we should be racing on 80 percent ovals, (then he) isn't looking out for the series' best interests. He's looking out for his own interests. We don't need those people around if that's the way they think."

Series points leader and Indianapolis 500 winner Scott Dixon smiled when told of Gossage's opinion.

"Eddie should stick to running his track and let the series run itself," Dixon said. "He's probably a little biased because he's got an oval. Everybody is going to have different views. I'm biased because I like road courses. He's just putting that out there because he and his owners (Speedway Motorsports Inc.) have a long list of racetracks, and most of them are ovals."

Source (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68044)

Ted

:thumbup:

Indy
06-07-08, 04:39 PM
Kanaan basically told him to STFU. :thumbup:

Racing Truth
06-07-08, 07:38 PM
Kanaan basically told him to STFU. :thumbup:

Yep.:thumbup: In a polite way, Angstadt did the same thing.

Hey, if Gossage wants to dump the TMS event, I won't complain one bit.

oddlycalm
06-07-08, 08:15 PM
Nothing more than another nice reminder to the gomers of how badly they got handled....:tony:

oc

Methanolandbrats
06-09-08, 08:29 AM
Never seen this before..............a track owner thinking he knows how to run a series :gomer:

pitwall3
06-09-08, 02:18 PM
Robin Miller on the 80/20 proposal.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/miller-indycars-next-step//P2/

Quote:
Gossage, bless his heart, reasoned that the IRL won the war because ovals ruled which, of course, is ludicrous. George simply outlasted Kevin Kalkhoven and Gerry Forsythe but he did learn a valuable, if not expensive, lesson about history.

For all its faults, frauds, phonies and failures, CART did understand what worked for a long time. Street races drew festive crowds for three days and impressed sponsors. Road courses were for the purists who camped out for the weekend. And ovals for the die-hards who were seduced by speed.

And it remains the only formula that can work for open wheel.