PDA

View Full Version : Zytec-Zytec

NismoZ
06-05-08, 12:31 PM
Forsythe LMP2 entry to debut at Road America, according to SPEED. Speculation. :thumbup: (What's it look like?)

cameraman
06-05-08, 12:45 PM
This is the Trading Performance Zytek 07S LMP2 at Barcelona this year.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Cynops/Trading_Barcelone.jpg

Be aware that Zytek makes both an LMP1 and an LMP2 version of the 07S.
So just because it says 07S doesn't necessarily mean that it is the LMP2 car.

extramundane
06-05-08, 12:49 PM
Forsythe LMP2 entry to debut at Road America, according to SPEED. Speculation. :thumbup: (What's it look like?)

It looks like about a 8th place in class finish.

cameraman
06-05-08, 01:00 PM
It looks like about a 8th place in class finish. The Zytek is a good chassis, I'm not saying that you are wrong but any new team entering ALMS LMP2 is going to have a rough go against the Porsches & Acuras.

Especially since Gerry Forsythe is no Gil de Ferran...

extramundane
06-05-08, 01:34 PM
The Zytek is a good chassis, I'm not saying that you are wrong but any new team entering ALMS LMP2 is going to have a rough go against the Porsches & Acuras.

Especially since Gerry Forsythe is no Gil de Ferran...

Indeed. The Barzai Zytek that ran @ Sebring managed to run faster than only the Mazda that never made the grid.

A good driver pairing could do wonders, but if he relies on pay drivers, then forget it. Frankly, he'd be better off to stick the LMP1 engine in it- could probably podium every race (unless those 3 new P1s post-LeMans rumors turn out true).

Easy
06-05-08, 02:50 PM
Forsythe getting beaten by Honda factory teams. Just like old times.

Ankf00
06-05-08, 03:31 PM
and penske, don't forget penske :D

pchall
06-05-08, 03:32 PM
I can understand getting an off the rack chassis for a partial season, but why wouldn't Forsythe get a bespoke P2 engine from Cosworth?

cameraman
06-05-08, 03:45 PM
Well the rumors on DSC do say Zytek/Cosworth.
A Cosworth version of the MZR-R would be interesting.

pchall
06-05-08, 04:03 PM
I'd give more credit to a DSC rumor than a SpudTV blog.

It would only make sense for Forsythe to have Cosworth do a 3.4l V8 for P2 since there is a growing market and Cosworth certainly knows how to make an NA V8. Race it at the end of 2008 and open up the order book for 2009.

I don't know if AER would appreciate Cosworth working on an MZR-R.

cameraman
06-05-08, 04:13 PM
But it isn't like Cosworth and Mazda don't have more than a few ties.

Sean O'Gorman
06-05-08, 05:56 PM

Needs moar Rs

extramundane
06-05-08, 07:44 PM
Needs less me

Fixered.

extramundane
06-15-08, 08:52 AM
Or not. (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.endurance-info.com/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dendurance%2Binfo%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX)

We sold a car to an American team that appears for the last races and for a comprehensive program next year. But I still can not give you the name of this team."

We had got wind of contacts developed with the Forsythe team. Are we in the wrong?

"We have had very, very good contacts with them but in fact this is not one in question."