PDA

View Full Version : The latest from PT

pitwall3
06-03-08, 05:04 PM
Interesting read.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/sports/982330,4_2_JO02_ALLENCOL_S1.article

[I]Tracy still not part of the IRL

June 2, 2008

When open-wheel unification was announced, it figured that Paul Tracy would be in the Midwest last week as the IRL followed the Indianapolis 500 with a trip to the Milwaukee Mile.

Tracy, one of the biggest names in Champ Car history, was in the Midwest but a long way from IndyCar racing. The 39-year-old Canadian was at Chicagoland Speedway last Wednesday afternoon to test a truck for Germain Racing.

Germain has the current NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series points leader in Todd Bodine, who won the 2006 championship.

For the near future, Tracy is trying to put together a deal to race in the Aug. 2 NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Canada's famed Circuit Gilles%

tllips
06-04-08, 09:44 AM
I also found it interesting in that article that PT said he had opportunities to race Indy, but wanted to be with a top team.

Wouldn't there be a point that you would just want to get in the show, regardless of the quality of the ride?

pchall
06-04-08, 10:02 AM
Yes, for some journeyman drivers just being in the field makes their career and /or season. Somebody like Tracy has too much self-respect to qualify and run at the back of the field.

Wouldn't there be a point that you would just want to get in the show, regardless of the quality of the ride?

dando
06-04-08, 10:54 AM
I also found it interesting in that article that PT said he had opportunities to race Indy, but wanted to be with a top team.

And risk running in the back with the likes of Milkers and Roth? :saywhat: No ****ing way. :thumdown:

-Kevin

SteveH
06-04-08, 12:07 PM
And risk running in the back with the likes of Milkers and Roth? :saywhat: No ****ing way. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Have to agree. PT has nothing to gain by taking a ride with a backmarker. He doesn't need it to prove himself. If he were to have started in 30th position and finished anywhere but the top ten, everyone would have said his career is over. Its better for him to not prove his critics correct. I don't want to see him take a ride just to be on the track.

KLang
06-04-08, 12:40 PM
He already won it once anyway, didn't he. ;)

JLMannin
06-04-08, 01:10 PM

Like Al Unser Jr did a couple of years ago? No thnaks. What would possibly be in it for Trachy to want to compete with Indy legends like John Andretti, Buddy Lazier and Davey Hamilton? I sispect that any potential rides he was in play for were in that same stratum of teams.

Indy
06-04-08, 07:16 PM
What is in it for him is cash. I read from his comments that no one was willing to meet his price. Backmarker teams take money, they don't pay it.

G.
06-08-08, 12:48 AM
Have to agree. PT has nothing to gain by taking a ride with a backmarker. He doesn't need it to prove himself. If he were to have started in 30th position and finished anywhere but the top ten, everyone would have said his career is over. Its better for him to not prove his critics correct. I don't want to see him take a ride just to be on the track.yep.

( and I'm not a PT fanboy )

G.
06-08-08, 12:49 AM
What is in it for him is cash. I read from his comments that no one was willing to meet his price. Backmarker teams take money, they don't pay it.He prolly deserves his cash. Right?

Indy
06-08-08, 02:18 AM
He prolly deserves his cash. Right?

Sure, I don't blame him.

rosawendel
06-08-08, 07:16 AM
i wonder if he'd be offered / take the ride if forsythe goes to the ALMS...

Methanolandbrats
06-08-08, 08:48 AM
i wonder if he'd be offered / take the ride if forsythe goes to the ALMS... It's REALLY expensive to crash those all the time.

Insomniac
06-08-08, 09:55 AM
It's REALLY expensive to crash those all the time.

Can't be more expensive than a ChampCar. :)

cameraman
06-08-08, 11:19 AM
Can't be more expensive than a ChampCar. :)
I'd say those Audi and Peugeot LMP1s cost a whole lot more than any DP01.

Indy
06-08-08, 11:25 AM
I don't think PT and Forsythe are on the best of terms.

The term "being played for a fool" comes to mind.

Insomniac
06-08-08, 03:33 PM
I'd say those Audi and Peugeot LMP1s cost a whole lot more than any DP01.

I didn't think so, but then again, I don't know much about them. I always thought they were cheaper. How much do you think they are?

pchall
06-08-08, 07:25 PM
I think Audi or Peugeot "might" let a P1 roll out the door to a privateer for $750,000 -- $1,000,000 with a very expensive mandatory tech support and maintenance package. But it won't happen. BTW, this is just a guesstimate based on what various rich guys were said to be shelling out for 333 SPs a more than a decade ago.

I didn't think so, but then again, I don't know much about them. I always thought they were cheaper. How much do you think they are?

extramundane
06-08-08, 07:40 PM
I think Audi or Peugeot "might" let a P1 roll out the door to a privateer for $750,000 -- $1,000,000 with a very expensive mandatory tech support and maintenance package. But it won't happen. BTW, this is just a guesstimate based on what various rich guys were said to be shelling out for 333 SPs a more than a decade ago.

I'd say you're pretty close. $750K minimum for anything that has a shot at winning. Unofficial numbers for the RS Spyder have ranged anywhere from $1mil - $3mil each, depending whom you ask. 'Course, the Zytek with which Gerry's been linked of late will probably go for less than $750K, but then it probably won't finish all that well, either.

Insomniac
06-08-08, 07:55 PM
I'd say you're pretty close. $750K minimum for anything that has a shot at winning. Unofficial numbers for the RS Spyder have ranged anywhere from $1mil - $3mil each, depending whom you ask. 'Course, the Zytek with which Gerry's been linked of late will probably go for less than $750K, but then it probably won't finish all that well, either.

How much are replacement parts? That was my main point. I thought it would be less costly for PT to smash up those than a ChampCar.

cameraman
06-09-08, 03:49 AM
Have you ever bought parts from Porsche, Audi or Peugeot?:eek:

Insomniac
06-09-08, 09:17 AM

Can't say I have. I'm guessing they aren't cheap. ;)

extramundane
06-09-08, 09:24 AM

And even the customer parts are expensive enough that many teams have started buying an extra chassis just to strip for spares.

Easy
06-09-08, 11:27 AM
Modern prototype bodywork is more expensive too.

Sean O'Gorman
06-09-08, 11:32 AM
Also, the wheels and brakes are bigger, so I'm sure the cost more to replace.

CQ
06-09-08, 03:56 PM

IIRC, the 333SP package with spares, but without trick pieces, was $900K.

:eek:

SteveH
06-09-08, 05:03 PM
IIRC, the 333SP package with spares, but without trick pieces, was $900K.

:eek:

Considering that was at least 10 years ago, it would ring up over a million now, not even taking in consideration the exchange rate.

Methanolandbrats
06-09-08, 10:44 PM
I think Audi or Peugeot "might" let a P1 roll out the door to a privateer for $750,000 -- $1,000,000 with a very expensive mandatory tech support and maintenance package. But it won't happen. BTW, this is just a guesstimate based on what various rich guys were said to be shelling out for 333 SPs a more than a decade ago. 333SP at Daytona 24 hour brings a tear to my eye. One of the most incredible sounds ever from a racing car. I will never forget standing there watching those things pound around the banking. One of the last Rolex 24 hour races :cry:

Rus'L
06-10-08, 02:35 PM
How much are replacement parts? That was my main point. I thought it would be less costly for PT to smash up those than a ChampCar.

I was at the Six Hours at the Glen this past Saturday, and even spare parts for a Daytona Prototype are very expensive.

One team member told me they go through about $60-100,000 worth of body parts each weekend! And that doesn't count if they have a major incident. The nose piece alone is $35,000. Heck, that's how much my whole race car (Spec Racer Ford) costs brand new!

Just think of the bill that one DP team has after their car burned at the Glen.

Now, just imagine how much more parts are for real prototypes that don't have the advantage of "mass production" for many customers and need to be more "competitive" since the rules are much looser, and thus have much more development and weight concerns involved in the design and making of the piece.

And that's just the bodywork. Think about all the non-standard suspension, cooling, and other pieces that can easily break in a minor shunt compared to the standard "spec" parts that were part of a DP-01.

Insomniac
06-10-08, 03:26 PM
I was at the Six Hours at the Glen this past Saturday, and even spare parts for a Daytona Prototype are very expensive.

One team member told me they go through about $60-100,000 worth of body parts each weekend! And that doesn't count if they have a major incident. The nose piece alone is $35,000. Heck, that's how much my whole race car (Spec Racer Ford) costs brand new!

Just think of the bill that one DP team has after their car burned at the Glen.

Now, just imagine how much more parts are for real prototypes that don't have the advantage of "mass production" for many customers and need to be more "competitive" since the rules are much looser, and thus have much more development and weight concerns involved in the design and making of the piece.

And that's just the bodywork. Think about all the non-standard suspension, cooling, and other pieces that can easily break in a minor shunt compared to the standard "spec" parts that were part of a DP-01.

I had no idea it was so costly. It seems their budgets are larger than the IRL/CC.

aportinga
06-10-08, 04:40 PM
333SP at Daytona 24 hour brings a tear to my eye. One of the most incredible sounds ever from a racing car. I will never forget standing there watching those things pound around the banking. One of the last Rolex 24 hour races :cry:

Agreed!

cameraman
06-10-08, 04:47 PM
I had no idea it was so costly. It seems their budgets are larger than the IRL/CC.

That's the kicker, so many people can't stand Grand Am because it is an over-regulated tube-framed imitation of the ALMS but they are missing that it is still head and shoulders above the IRL.

Grand Am at Watkins Glen is watchable, the IRL not so much and ALMS would be far better than either.

Insomniac
06-10-08, 05:45 PM
That's the kicker, so many people can't stand Grand Am because it is an over-regulated tube-framed imitation of the ALMS but they are missing that it is still head and shoulders above the IRL.

Grand Am at Watkins Glen is watchable, the IRL not so much and ALMS would be far better than either.

I haven't watched much of ALMS. Over the years I've channel surfed to it, but it just never piqued my interest. I liked the GT cars since they look like real cars. All the classes racing at once was odd and the prototypes just look like fancy stock cars. ;) I keep meaning to catch an entire 2 hour race though.

Easy
06-11-08, 10:48 AM
I think ALMS is pretty awful on tv (as is GA) but ALMS live has been the best ticket in North America for a few years in my experience.

RusH
06-11-08, 11:43 AM
I think ALMS is pretty awful on tv (as is GA) but ALMS live has been the best ticket in North America for a few years in my experience.

I concur.
The only racing can watch all the way through on TV now is F1.

The ALMS at the track is the best though. Don`t know why that is.

FCYTravis
06-11-08, 11:52 AM
Grand-Am budgets are up, but they're not to the IRL/CC-level... yet.

Fewer races, for one, plus there's no overseas trips to kill the travel budget.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure we spent more than the last-place Champ Car team. But I'm sure we spent way less to win a DP championship than NHLR spent to win a Champ Car championship or AGR spent to win the IRL title. It costs less to be competitive in Grand-Am.

SurfaceUnits
06-19-08, 11:20 AM
File this in the Makes No Sense Department.

The co-owner of one of the top teams in NASCAR's Craftsman Truck series has hired Paul Tracy to run later this season but the 2003 CART champion still can't get a ride in an Indy car.

However, Derrick Walker is trying to make it happen (with a little help from Tony George) for next month's inaugural IRL show at Edmonton.

"Paul wants to do it, Tony wants to do it and I want to do it so now we're trying to make it happen," said Walker, whose longtime open wheel operation has been idle since the Champ Car finale at Long Beach last April.

"I've got a couple people in Canada up there pitching for us with about a dozen companies so hopefully we can come up with something in the next week or so."

George, responding by email Wednesday night from Las Vegas, said he had a car available and would be willing to help get Canada's favorite son into it.

"I definitely want to run Edmonton but right now it seems like there's more interest from NASCAR than the IRL so I'm hoping Derrick can put something together," said Tracy, who will drive the Germain Racing Toyota on Sept. 20 at Las Vegas.

"I think I could help sell tickets and promote that race."

Edmonton promoter Jim Haskins is all for it.

"It would be great for our event and Paul deserves to be in a unified series, as does Tags (Alex Tagliani)," said Haskins. "They've both been good ambassadors for our races in the past.

"I'm still expecting an outstanding crowd and the fact we've got Danica (Patrick), Marco(Andretti) and Helio (Castroneves) is huge but, obviously, P.T. is a legend of this era and we'd love to have him."

Tracy's lone appearance this year was also at Long Beach, driving in what appears to be his final race for Gerald Forsythe. The 39-year-old veteran has a contract with Forsythe, who declined to move his team to the IRL following last winter's unification.

TravelGal
06-19-08, 05:35 PM

"It would be great for our event and Paul deserves to be in a unified series, as does Tags (Alex Tagliani)," said Haskins. "They've both been good ambassadors for our races in the past.

"I'm still expecting an outstanding crowd and the fact we've got Danica (Patrick), Marco(Andretti) and Helio (Castroneves) is huge but, obviously, P.T. is a legend of this era and we'd love to have him."

Haskins is so A over teakettle for Danica that he can't see anything else. I read an interview a while back where he said he didn't know why the ticket sales were slow because they HAD DANICA NOW and she had WON A RACE. I nearly puked. It never occurred to him that he now longer had Champ Car.

SurfaceUnits
06-19-08, 06:13 PM
there must be millions of canuckdians anxious for danicles and maaco to grace your shores :shakehead

Indy
06-19-08, 06:46 PM
Don't worry, he'll learn.

TedN
07-03-08, 07:00 AM
It is becoming increasingly probable that Canada's Paul Tracy will miss the July 26 Rexall Edmonton Indy -- the only Canadian stop on the 2008 Indy Racing League calendar.

And this is due -- if one is to listen to IRL insiders -- to the fact that Tracy actually wants to be paid to be a race car driver.

The latest word out of this continent's top open-wheel racing series is that while IRL founder Tony George and team owner Derrick Walker want to get Tracy into a car in Edmonton, neither is willing to pony up Tracy's asking price to get it done.

Link (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/07/03/6050751-sun.html)

Ted

cart7
07-03-08, 07:24 AM
File this in the Makes No Sense Department.

The co-owner of one of the top teams in NASCAR's Craftsman Truck series has hired Paul Tracy to run later this season but the 2003 CART champion still can't get a ride in an Indy car.

However, Derrick Walker is trying to make it happen (with a little help from Tony George) for next month's inaugural IRL show at Edmonton.

"Paul wants to do it, Tony wants to do it and I want to do it so now we're trying to make it happen," said Walker, whose longtime open wheel operation has been idle since the Champ Car finale at Long Beach last April.

"I've got a couple people in Canada up there pitching for us with about a dozen companies so hopefully we can come up with something in the next week or so."

George, responding by email Wednesday night from Las Vegas, said he had a car available and would be willing to help get Canada's favorite son into it.

"I definitely want to run Edmonton but right now it seems like there's more interest from NASCAR than the IRL so I'm hoping Derrick can put something together," said Tracy, who will drive the Germain Racing Toyota on Sept. 20 at Las Vegas.

"I think I could help sell tickets and promote that race."

Tracy's lone appearance this year was also at Long Beach, driving in what appears to be his final race for Gerald Forsythe. The 39-year-old veteran has a contract with Forsythe, who declined to move his team to the IRL following last winter's unification.

Paul wants to get paid and any team that had the kind of money he wants already have drivers signed.

IMO, the 2nd biggest mistake is not having Sheckter in a car full time either. The guy is easily the best oval racer in that series right now but is only running part time in that Penske satellite, Luzco Dragon team.

I'd team he and PT up. I'd not only win races but have drivers stirring up a whole bunch of **** each week.

aportinga
07-03-08, 08:32 AM
Link (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/07/03/6050751-sun.html)

Ted

I never could understand these one offs just to sell tickets to the natives. It's embarrasing IMO.

Insomniac
07-03-08, 08:42 AM
I never could understand these one offs just to sell tickets to the natives. It's embarrasing IMO.

But would probably work.

Spicoli
07-03-08, 11:16 AM
But would probably work.

i'm not so sure. There is not much I can think of that would help the "League/Series" except:

get rid of Tony
get rid of those crapwagons
get a marketing and promotions department that knows what the **** they are doing
get rid of barfart

aka: trash it all n start over. :irked:

SurfaceUnits
07-03-08, 01:13 PM
Here's something they can try

http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/view/105004.jpg

One day of the Tour de France draws more paying spectators than a year of north American open wheel racing :laugh:

Sean Malone
07-03-08, 01:35 PM
Here's something they can try

http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/view/105004.jpg

One day of the Tour de France draws more paying spectators than a year of north American open wheel racing :laugh:

More proof that the French are idiots.

SurfaceUnits
07-03-08, 01:50 PM
Approximately one of every three fans on the mountain for the l'Alpe d'Huez stage is from the Netherlands. They estimated almost one million idiots showed up for the 2004 l'Alpe d'Huez stage to watch LA

Insomniac
07-03-08, 02:55 PM
i'm not so sure. There is not much I can think of that would help the "League/Series" except:

get rid of Tony
get a marketing and promotions department that knows what the **** they are doing
get rid of barfart

aka: trash it all n start over. :irked:

If the race isn't sold out, adding PT would drive some ticket sales IMO. I'd also think some of his fans would watch, I doubt it would amount to anything measurable, but I do think PT would have a "positive" impact.

oddlycalm
07-03-08, 04:45 PM
There is not much I can think of that would help the "League/Series" except:

get rid of Tony
get rid of barfart

aka: trash it all n start over. :irked: Can't argue with any of that, none of that is going to change any time soon with :tony: in charge and he doesn't have anything else to do for the duration. :shakehead

By the end of the year several things will become clear:

Mergification didn't lift the attendance or sponsorship needles off the peg.
It wasn't competition from Champcar that was keeping the IRL down.
Champcar fans did not become IRL fans in any significant numbers.
Getting even one more engine supplier will be very tough given all of the above.
A mediocre driver can't carry a racing series, no matter what their gender.

oc

Spicoli
07-04-08, 12:39 AM
Can't argue with any of that, none of that is going to change any time soon with :tony: in charge and he doesn't have anything else to do for the duration. :shakehead

By the end of the year several things will become clear:

Mergification didn't lift the attendance or sponsorship needles off the peg.
It wasn't competition from Champcar that was keeping the IRL down.
Champcar fans did not become IRL fans in any significant numbers.
Getting even one more engine supplier will be very tough given all of the above.
A mediocre driver can't carry a racing series, no matter what their gender.

oc

yep. :thumbup:

Spicoli
07-08-08, 09:37 PM
Walker buys Roth's team. PT driver.

according to the Gomerati. :lol:

And Carmen Electra is coming over while my wife is at the store.

SteveH
07-08-08, 09:45 PM
Walker buys Roth's team. PT driver.

Didn't Walker get free crapwagons from TOney GOrge as a transition team? Why would Walker spend the coin to buy crapwagons from Roth when he got them for free?

dando
07-08-08, 09:56 PM
:tony: buys Roth's team for Walker. PT driver.

Fixed dat for ya. :gomer:

Is Danicle due yet? :p

-Kevin

Indy
07-09-08, 02:11 AM
Maybe he bought it part by part from Larry.

TedN
07-09-08, 06:45 AM
Update from Edmonton Sun ...

Sun Media has learned that rooms for Tracy and the entire Derrick Walker Racing team were booked for the week of the Rexall Edmonton Indy at a local host hotel yesterday.

Sun Media has also learned that a deal has been worked out with a major Canadian fast food sponsor for the car for the Edmonton race. Earlier in the day Walker said it was 80% that the Canadian driving icon would be here driving a car provided by Indy boss Tony George.

Tracy's adviser, Nick Challis, however, told Sun Media yesterday he has advised Canada's highest-profile Indy car driver to turn down the deal.

Link (http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/07/09/6105481-sun.html)

Ted

Spicoli
07-09-08, 07:04 AM
Update from Edmonton Sun ...

Link (http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/07/09/6105481-sun.html)

Ted

Uh oh, Nick is in trubble! :rofl:

SurfaceUnits
07-09-08, 02:36 PM
and this is Murica's gratest racin series, bigger'n F1 :laugh:

Apathy Amped, chirp chirp

pitwall3
07-12-08, 02:33 AM
and the beat goes on. ya de da de doo..............;).

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-walker-george-ready-to-run-tracy-at-edmonton/

Insomniac
07-12-08, 07:51 AM
and the beat goes on. ya de da de doo..............;).

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-walker-george-ready-to-run-tracy-at-edmonton/

PT racing for one of the guys who stole his Indy 500 victory...times will have changed...and I still won't watch.

NismoZ
07-12-08, 09:18 AM
So, if PT does race there for :tony: who should he take out as he's being lapped?

Insomniac
07-12-08, 01:39 PM
So, if PT does race there for :tony: who should he take out as he's being lapped?

Danica, duh. And it has to be in a way that takes him out too so Danica can confront him immediately.

NismoZ
07-12-08, 07:41 PM
PreCISEly the scenerio I've been hoping for!:)

TedN
07-14-08, 07:47 PM
Paul Tracy is joining the IndyCar Series -- at least for one race.

The former Champ Car World Series champion will drive a Vision Racing car owned by Tony George in next week’s event in Edmonton, Alberta. Vision will continue to field cars for Ed Carpenter and A.J. Foyt IV.

A press conference has been scheduled for Tuesday to make the formal announcement.
Link (http://tinyurl.com/6ptmez)

Ted

Methanolandbrats
07-14-08, 09:48 PM
:yuck:And Cavin is writing about it. Does PT have any pride left? He was screwed out of an Indy win by FTG. Now he's gonna drive a hopeless sled in a one-off like he's a circus act.

Insomniac
07-14-08, 10:31 PM
Congratulation PT, you're officially washed up when you drive for Vision Racing after winning a championship (and races).

NismoZ
07-15-08, 09:19 AM
That's OK, maybe he's just positioning himself for a return to Indy Lights with Forsythe Racing Inc. Full time in '09! (See, GF offers him the seat to fulfill the contract and if PT turns it down then Ger saves a bundle!;))

Chief
07-15-08, 09:37 AM
They need a circus clown for the Edmonton three-ring. Suddenly Bernoldi is dumped in favor of Tagliani? Smells like FTG OWNS Bachelart with teams assistance program $$$....

The only thing good about this is PT will wad up some crapmobiles and the IRL will be exposed as a farce again. Perfect timing because with Austrailia and the INTERNATIONAL NON-POINTS cup (who knew?) ready to hit the fan, the egg is going on FTG's face.

It won't take much for the media to turn on Tony as 2008's bloom is off the rose.

audi quattro
07-15-08, 11:03 AM
spindy star says its a done deal for edmitton

TKGAngel
07-15-08, 11:52 AM
Lead Story on TSN (http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/story/?id=243460&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main)

PT for Edmonton with Subway sponsorship.

G.
07-15-08, 11:57 AM
it's affishal.

mindycar (indycar.com)

Andrew Longman
07-15-08, 11:58 AM
They need a circus clown for the Edmonton three-ring. Suddenly Bernoldi is dumped in favor of Tagliani? Smells like FTG OWNS Bachelart with teams assistance program $$$....

The only thing good about this is PT will wad up some crapmobiles and the IRL will be exposed as a farce again. Perfect timing because with Austrailia and the INTERNATIONAL NON-POINTS cup (who knew?) ready to hit the fan, the egg is going on FTG's face.

It won't take much for the media to turn on Tony as 2008's bloom is off the rose.

Good post as usual Chief :rofl:

International Cup? Something else TG has borrowed from CART. Cancelled events

TedN
07-16-08, 06:28 AM
Tracy said he is also excited about Subway being on board for the ride. The fast-food giant has a successful history in motorsports, having been a major sponsor for the past decade in NASCAR.

There also is speculation Subway could soon be named as the IRL title sponsor for 2009.
Link (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/07/16/6169651-sun.html)

Ted

Methanolandbrats
07-16-08, 07:16 AM
>>There also is speculation Subway could soon be named as the IRL title sponsor for 2009. >>

:mad:Dammit, then I'll eat there about as often as I shop at Target.

chop456
07-16-08, 07:18 AM
Why would you eat there anyway? :yuck: You live in a civilized area. There must be a good independent around. :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
07-16-08, 07:33 AM
Why would you eat there anyway? :yuck: You live in a civilized area. There must be a good independent around. :thumbup: It's on my list of occasional emergency food sources :)

stroker
07-16-08, 09:01 AM
It's on my list of occasional emergency food sources :)

Everybody start saving your receipts from Quizno's to send to Jared...

Winston Wolfe
07-16-08, 09:58 AM
it's affishal.

mindycar (indycar.com)

first off, that website is atrocious :yuck:

secondly, i watched the video of the "announcement" - Sir Tony "Mumbles" seemed rather eloquent in comparison to his normal, everyday "hmmmmm", "ahhhhhhh" style of oration....
but the token "hotty" announcer chick was trying to get PT to say something about Vish-innn racing and he just walked right around it.... she likely has no idea who PT is, and the history behind Paul's 2002 IRL 500 win that was taken away from him...
classic stuff.... PT got his sponsor's name in, and mentioned he would like to continue to drive.... i wish him well....:thumbup:

TedN
07-17-08, 06:49 AM
Danica Patrick already has served notice she won't be intimidated by the Thrill from West Hill, but just by saying so, hasn't she already put a target on her No. 7 Andretti Green Racing Dallara for Tracy to hit?

Link (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/07/17/6181831-sun.html)

Ted

:D

stroker
07-17-08, 10:24 AM
There's no need for a target on the car. Princess has already demonstrated that she's quite capable of crashing without any help from PT.

:D

Andrew Longman
07-17-08, 11:07 AM
Danica Patrick already has served notice she won't be intimidated by the Thrill from West Hill, but just by saying so, hasn't she already put a target on her No. 7 Andretti Green Racing Dallara for Tracy to hit?

This is such lowbrow BS. Intimidate?

Reminds of huckster pitching a Saturday night showdown at the local dirt track. :rolleyes:

Will Tracy bring his wrestling mask?

The fact is Tracy and Walker, with zero experience with this car and no opportunities to practice before raceweekend (probably with a shortage of development parts too) will be lucky to be in the front 2/3rds of the grid.

So I guess Danica will likely be right around him after all. :D

Methanolandbrats
07-17-08, 01:59 PM
>>Danica Patrick already has served notice she won't be intimidated by the Thrill from West Hill, but just by saying so, hasn't she already put a target on her No. 7 Andretti Green Racing Dallara for Tracy to hit? >>

WGAF, they'll both be at the back.

SurfaceUnits
07-18-08, 01:27 AM
PT has served notice that he won't sitting in the pits waiting for her next screw up.

Chief
07-18-08, 10:28 AM
Any bets on a trifecta? AJIV, Special ED and the 14th place winner clout walls in the race (if they even make it that far). Is it any wonder Ms. Piggy aint running Edmonton?

The Doctor
07-24-08, 04:18 PM
Morbid curiosity has me checking to see how PT is doing... currently P5 in first practice, with Power P1. :laugh:

And with an edit: Power, first practice last year... 59.203. Briscoe currently P1 at 1:03.2

Wally
07-24-08, 06:32 PM
Why are the wanking around the track on Thursday:confused:

TKGAngel
07-24-08, 06:50 PM
Because the race is on Saturday so as not to interfere with the NASCAR fun and frolic at the Brickyard on Sunday.

Andrew Longman
07-24-08, 06:56 PM
Because the race is on Saturday so as not to interfere with the NASCAR fun and frolic at the Brickyard on Sunday.

Couldn't possibly put the interests of the series and Edmonton promoter ahead of the the promoter of a race for another series at IMS. Not possible :rolleyes:

This is what's left.

FOUR seconds slower in the first session? Cripes this sucks.

TKGAngel
07-24-08, 07:57 PM
P3 is over. Power and Servia are #1 and #2. PT is in 8th. :D

Princess Pouty is in 23rd.

grungex
07-24-08, 08:52 PM
Twelve Atlantics drivers qualified faster than Marty Roth's best time today... :rofl:

Methanolandbrats
07-24-08, 09:08 PM

:rofl: YUp, them is state of the art race cars.........takes a lot of work for a fast guy to get up to speed. Observation #2...........Danica SUCKS, she sucks hard. :laugh:

extramundane
07-24-08, 09:09 PM
Observation #2...........Danica SUCKS, she sucks hard. :laugh:

It's not her fault she's slow.

Wally
07-24-08, 09:18 PM

Good news it could be an entertaining weekend, bad news as I may watch my first earl race.....:shakehead

Sean Malone
07-24-08, 09:27 PM
Good news it could be an entertaining weekend, bad news as I may watch my first earl race.....:shakehead

Just keep telling yourself it's better than NASCAR. It's bad, but at least you're know the players and there's some of the good guys in there.

Methanolandbrats
07-24-08, 10:02 PM
Dammnit, I'm driving to a cabin in da woods vacation spot sunday.....won't be able to watch. No innerweb, no TV, no electronics till thursday. Will wonder what happened. :confused:

stroker
07-24-08, 10:03 PM
Looks to me like the "transition" boys got spinners again...

SurfaceUnits
07-24-08, 10:31 PM
Dammnit, I'm driving to a cabin in da woods vacation spot sunday.....won't be able to watch. No innerweb, no TV, no electronics till thursday. Will wonder what happened. :confused:

just for you, the firltility happens saturday http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14854

Methanolandbrats
07-24-08, 10:37 PM
just for you, the firltility happens saturday http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14854

Cool, I' don't follow Indy cars too close.:gomer: Thanks.